View full 2024-25 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Fed up of him at the moment.

5 months of 22/23 he was legitimately amazing but he can’t cling onto it forever. Show up ffs.

I’m sure he will get the pile on, but he hasn’t looked the same since his injuries imo and will be out of the team when Yoro gets a run of games tbh.

He’s devoid of any pace and was at fault for ball watching in the first goal.

He has been rubbish this season, he can’t cover large areas and De Ligt struggles with that as well. They are a really poor partnership unless they can sit back.

It doesn’t help that the midfield has no pace and neither of the full backs are exceptionally quick.

Martinez's form has taken a nosedive. His decisions, poor touches, rash clearances and general lack of composure have been a feature lately. His levels have dropped hugely since the season opener.

The 3rd goal is why we should never sign another slow centre back.

Gabriel/Saliba, VVD/Konate just don't concede that goal. Sometimes you need your defenders pace to get you out of trouble, the opponents are licking their lips every time they play a ball in behind our defence.

Martinez has to stop the cross, the same way De Ligt has to stop the cross against Spurs, but neither of them were physically capable. Just so slow.

He was a lot LOT better last season. Injuries seem to have fecked with him, either physically, mentally or just taken the sharpness away

It's not just his pace that has deserted him. It's his reading of the game. Really concering drop off. I'm starting to worry this isn't just a bad run of form.

We had so many posters who thought he was the best centre back in the league, and a top 5 in world football. We should get a list together so we know never to take their opinion on anything seriously.

Gabriel/Saliba, VVD/Konate just don't concede that goal. Sometimes you need your defenders pace to get you out of trouble, the opponents are licking their lips every time they play a ball in behind our defence.

Martinez has to stop the cross, the same way De Ligt has to stop the cross against Spurs, but neither of them were physically capable. Just so slow.
It's ridiculous that every other side has worked out the obvious, that pace, height and power are key at CB and we've done the opposite.

Honestly, everyone questioned why United buys a small CB. I don't ever think I have rated him highly. I think he is a decent CB but I would never consider him world class. If he is playing in City, he would likely be successful but he plays for United where we are so open that he is constantly under pressure. He doesn't have the height to deal with set pieces, he doesn't have the pace to deal with wingers nor fast striker. With the football that ETH is playing, Martinez is a liability. I hope Yoro starts playing ahead of Martinez when he is back as he has the height and pace to deals the attacks. Time to move Martinez to the bench until this team can play control football.

Denying he was ever good is nonsense. He was a cut above the rest for a while and always showed up. I don't know if it's the injury and the long absence, or just the utterly bleak situation around the club affecting him and others, but he is not the player he was back then. Disappointing to see. I'd have cut him some slack because of the manager, but he has worked with him for many years now.

Gets dragged far too often because of brain dead tactics of playing Dalot as CM. Doesn’t have the pace and gets turned easily. And when he has the ball, delays the pass and slows down our attack.

We are exposing him with our tactics. He isnt flawless player but ETH is doing him no favours by giving him no FB support.

His form is utter turds at the moment. Frankly it’s looking like he’s not the same after his injuries.

As i said he’s the 3rd pick when Yoro is fit.

Still hasn’t rediscovered that form he had in his first season here before the injury. He’ll need to find it quick or I could see Yoro taking his spot when he returns from injury. Hopefully we’ve got a manager that can set a team up properly by then.

What's the most worrying for me is that even his passing seems to have deteriorated massively. He barely attempts those crisp line-breaking passes that he was doing for fun before.

He isn't helped by the system but individually he's been subpar this season.

What's the most worrying for me is that even his passing seems to have deteriorated massively. He barely attempts those crisp line-breaking passes that he was doing for fun before.

System is fecking everyone in fairness but still, he’s been absolutely bobbins.
Reckon he’ll be losing his spot to Yoro soon enough, which is absolutely nuts really.

Total shambles. He is not ready to play, at all. Evans or Maguire should play ahead of him

He would be best employed as a DM in front of a back four. It’s too chaotic to tell what’s going on with the defence right now

On current form, he should be dropped. Not sure what happened but he's not the same player he was in his first year here.

Gets dragged far too often because of brain dead tactics of playing Dalot as CM. Doesn’t have the pace and gets turned easily. And when he has the ball, delays the pass and slows down our attack.

We are exposing him with our tactics. He isnt flawless player but ETH is doing him no favours by giving him no FB support.
There is truth to this. I'd say the other thing is that we also don't have a hardworking left winger and that left side just gets exploited easily.

I've been thinking exactly the same thing for a while now. What's happened to his passing? Whether it's a formation thing, I don't know but he's completely stopped doing it.

He's in a poor run of form, like our entire back four are. I hope it is just a poor run of form rather than some sort of issue or regression from his injuries. Hard to assess anyone's true level atm, so many players look like they've forgotten how to perform the basics. I don't believe all our players have suddenly become godawful simultaneously.

You can probably get away with having one slow/average-paced centre back but two is asking for trouble. Let's hope Yoro hits the ground running when he comes back from injury.

He had a few in the Palace game, but the team is so incapable of controlled possession and movement to create space against half decent opposition that he's passing it around the back.

There is truth to this. I'd say the other thing is that we also don't have a hardworking left winger and that left side just gets exploited easily.
Thats why Rashford was subbed. Him and Dalot were shocking in defence.