Life after ETH — the next United manager

If we sack ten Hag who would you want as manager?

• Massimiliano Allegri

Votes: 21 2.1%
  • Rúben Amorim

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • Michael Carrick

Votes: 22 2.2%
  • Roberto de Zerbi

Votes: 16 1.6%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 51 5.0%
  • Sebastian Hoeneß

Votes: 53 5.2%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • Simone Inzaghi

Votes: 62 6.1%
  • Andoni Iraola

Votes: 31 3.1%
  • Thiago Motta

Votes: 8 0.8%
  • Julian Nagelsmann

Votes: 188 18.6%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 23 2.3%
  • Ruud van Nistelrooy

Votes: 25 2.5%
  • Marco Silva

Votes: 9 0.9%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 186 18.4%
  • Xavi

Votes: 38 3.8%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 75 7.4%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 65 6.4%
  • Fabian Hürzeler

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
I'd like to see Xavi or another former Barca coach come in. I'd much prefer us to play a more Guardiola tika-taka style. I honestly can't tell what the current style of play is. Ten Hag has been a huge disappointment.
Well, we have an Arsenal team led by his former assistant Arteta , the Chelsea team led by his another former assistant Maresca, may be United should take his current first hand Juanma Lillo at the end of the season when Guardiola leaves City?! I will find it personally a bit boring if all of the top teams in England share the same footballing phylosophy tbh..

At this point, I think I’d take Potter as interim till the end of the season. Hoeness is my first choice as permanent manager in terms of realistic options

I'd like to see Xavi or another former Barca coach come in. I'd much prefer us to play a more Guardiola tika-taka style. I honestly can't tell what the current style of play is. Ten Hag has been a huge disappointment.

That’s not Xavi’s style. He’s more like Arteta where he sets up based on a solid defence.

You can see with Flick this season they’ve been a lot more attacking in playing style. But for where we currently are now maybe we need Xavi to build the foundations for us to get to where Barca currently are now.

I like the fact he’s not afraid to use youth and I believe the culture of our club (United DNA) is very much similar to Barcelona’s in comparison to most elite teams in world football.

Getting the manager right is more important than signing more £50m+ flops.

If we have to spend £100m hiring and firing managers until we find the right one then so be it. Hell at this point I'm open to failing FFP to get rid of Ten Hag if that's what it takes. A 10 point deduction is less damaging than another 3 months with this buffoon in charge.
Getting the manager right is the last jigsaw of success. In my opinion, the recruitment and team build up is first important setup following up with training facilities, sport science and
medical treatment.

In the summer, our recruitment is still 50/50. Some exciting young players come in and they might have potential to be top players. But other senior recruitment like De light and co. are just above average based on huge amount money we spent.

Whenever team build up is good enough, it will be much easier to bring great coach and hunt for the EPL champion again.

No thanks, too boring even if performed well. Our style isn‘t the problem, performance level has to go up.

I‘d rather go for Hoeneß, have you watched some of Stuttgart‘s games?

I really want a manager with experience of getting a decent side over the line, winning a recognised level trophy.

Nagelsmann’s history isn’t as strong as his reputation suggests, and by all accounts Inzaghi doesn’t speak a word of English.

Which kind of leaves Amorim as the one to take a calculated risk on, based on Alonso being unattainable.

We can't guarantee trophies. The next manager has to set the foundations of a modern play style. I thought that was the least Ten Hag would be able to do, evidently not.

We don't need a top manager to do this, we just need a competent coach. We don't need Inzaghi or Nagelsmann or Amorim (although the latter two would be great). An Iraola, Hoeness even a Gary O Neil or a Thomas Frank would genuinely improve us right now. When we hit the ceiling with that coach - move on. And keep doing that till we win big trophies. It's really not as complicated as it seems.

Who do you think is better fit out of Iraola/Frank, can definitely see the benefit of bringing one in until we can attract a Nagelsmann (post World Cup) or Inzaghi