Life after ETH — the next United manager

Let's fecking Go!!!

The end of ten Hags reign can't come any sooner. The darkest dullest period for me as a fan. Even worse than Moyes, who never really got a chance and Rangnick, who was only an interim and received no transfer support.

A million times yes. Ole with Ineos could be amazing

Honestly. Hell yes. Especially with the squad we have now. Far better than he inherited. Him over Southgate all day every day.

Let's fecking Go!!!

The end of ten Hags reign can't come any sooner. The darkest dullest period for me as a fan. Even worse than Moyes, who never really got a chance and Rangnick, who was only an interim and received no transfer support.
What the...

What the...
Well to be fair. He got us 2nd. We were exciting to watch finally, plus the defence is far better than he had it. Maguire and Lindelof were crap first choices. Only reason everything went to shit, was because United couldn't allow City to sign Ronaldo and of course you'd say yes to having him in your squad. His presence fecked up the dynamic and the atmosphere of the dressing room.

Obviously it's not going to happen because it's just a random quote to a question.

Last edited:
Well to be fair. He got us 2nd. We were exciting to watch finally, plus the defence is far better than he had it. Maguire and Lindelof were crap first choices. Only reason everything went to shot, was because United couldn't allow City to sign Ronaldo and of course you'd say yet to having him in your squad. His presence fecked up the dynamic and the atmosphere of the dressing room.

Obviously it's not going to happen because it's just a random quote to a question.

People really forget how mediocre we were to watch that 20/21 season my goodness. And Ronaldo isn't the only reason everything went to shit :lol:

Don't get me wrong, there were some fun times under Ole and our most entertaining football post SAF was under Ole but people are forgetting that is was filled with a lot of dross too. Ole's COVID ball was good and the most excited I've been to watch United but, it's a short memory to think that was the norm under him.

This Ole talk is madness.

As much as I loved him as a player, and the occasional good moments he gave us as a coach, it was clear he wasn't good enough to have us pushing for honours. His permanent replacement clearly hasn't worked out, but it would be a pointless regressive step to go back to Ole for the sake of vibes. We might as well also be looking at Mourinho or trying to tempt LVG out of retirement since we also had some decent moments under those two too.

Ten Hag is clearly a dead man walking, but lets perhaps have our new regime scout for an appropriate coach instead of resorting to Ole ball, using the copium that somehow it'll be different this time. Smaller clubs have plucked out some very good coaches from seemingly nowhere, so I'd expect INEOS with their resources and pull should be able to do the same.

Man said ugarte. Please explain. There’s no serious manager in world football who would keep Bruno, rashford Maguire etc if they performed how they have performed once.

Man said Ugarte because of his obvious limitations in possession which lead to Enrique binning him at PSG too. If we sack ten Hag, the next manager will 99% have a possession-based approach.

"Bruno Rashford Maguire etc." are great players and certainly light years ahead of Ugarte for one. Tuchel, McKenna, De Zerbi, Frank, all the realistic candidates I can think of would love all 3.

I don’t know why you’ve cut half my quote out, but no I don’t think he’s proven to be massively better than Southgate. Not that I rate Gareth highly, but Ten Hag is rated far beyond what he’s actually shown in England so far. He’s rated alongside Pep, Klopp etc when for me I think he rightly should be compared to the likes of Potter, Southgate, Thomas Frank, Pochettino.

Because that's the part of your post I was replying to. Southgate hasn't even come close to achieving ten Hag's pre-United managerial achievements. He managed in club football for 3 years in an era that's a joke compared to today, and all he did at international level (which is lagging like 10-15 years behind club football in terms of tactical level) was sabotage an overpowered squad with his unbalanced lineups and tactical approaches.

Potter, Frank and even Poch are also light years ahead of him, not just ETH.

At the moment, Nagelsmann, Tuchel or Inzaghi would be the shortlist for me to take over next as the established candidates.

If we're willing to take another big gamble, then Amorim as well

At the moment, Nagelsmann, Tuchel or Inzaghi would be the shortlist for me to take over next as the established candidates.

If we're willing to take another big gamble, then Amorim as well

I honestly think Inzaghi would do something good with us. He's got a bargain basement Inter team holding their own in Europe and domestically. Pretty sure he did well with Lazio too, by their standards. We have been linked with him in the Italian media too in the last week or so.

I think all of them would do well here. Amorim is an unknown for me and would be another dice roll like ETH though. Could be great or not so great. I don't know enough about him but know he's done well with Sporting.

Can't believe this fanbase sometimes...

Although if we strictly wrote in that he is only the interim until the end of season then I'm in, would be pretty funny to watch vibes football come back

Remember when we got to the Europa League final and he made no substitutes the entire game, and for the majority of extra time?

This fan base doesn't seem to.

Man said Ugarte because of his obvious limitations in possession which lead to Enrique binning him at PSG too. If we sack ten Hag, the next manager will 99% have a possession-based approach.

"Bruno Rashford Maguire etc." are great players and certainly light years ahead of Ugarte for one. Tuchel, McKenna, De Zerbi, Frank, all the realistic candidates I can think of would love all 3.
Bruno rashford and maguire ? In a possession based team don’t make me laugh they would get binned instantly. Ugarte can easily play in a team which is possession based. He was important to psg and was playing for enrique for a good amount games. He decided to change the midfield to his own players.

With this squad and a much more supportive back room structure, I’d back him to do very well.

We weren’t even that bad under him, and I actually enjoyed watching us play. It’s the best we’ve been post SAF for sure. Unlucky not to win a trophy. Ran us very close with some great wins along the way. Our squad was MUCH worse than what we have now, also.

But we don’t deserve him as a fan base. Some of the treatment he got (and still gets) is disgusting. I can only think it’s from the “modern” social-media fan who has no association with him; and their only recollection is from reruns of 99 Bayern on YouTube. Anyone who watched him actually play for us, (and the professionalism he always displayed), I could never imagine turning on him like I see.

Love the man. Absolute legend.

Remember when we got to the Europa League final and he made no substitutes the entire game, and for the majority of extra time?

This fan base doesn't seem to.
I remember. Just better than you do, apparently. As I recall our bench being absolutely gash.

What would you have done?

Take off Rashford, Mason Greenwood, Bruno and Cavani for Dan James, Amad and Donny Van de Beek?

Or how about Paul Pogba for Fred?

With this squad and a much more supportive back room structure, I’d back him to do very well.

We weren’t even that bad under him, and I actually enjoyed watching us play. It’s the best we’ve been post SAF for sure. Unlucky not to win a trophy. Ran us very close with some great wins along the way. Our squad was MUCH worse than what we have now, also.

But we don’t deserve him as a fan base. Some of the treatment he got (and still gets) is disgusting. I can only think it’s from the “modern” social-media fan who has no association with him; and their only recollection is from reruns of 99 Bayern on YouTube. Anyone who watched him actually play for us, (and the professionalism he always displayed), I could never imagine turning on him like I see.

Love the man. Absolute legend.

I thought you were talking about Jose until that last paragraph.

Ole was not good enough, he played a style of football that was never sustainable. As soon as other teams got wise to it, everybody gave us a game. Even if we had the better team on paper.

He's not the man to take us forward, and that was pretty obvious by the end of his previous tenure, even if it took some a good 18 months to realise the issues.

The Article that our aim is to win the EPL in 28 would suggest to me that Eth is staying for the rest of this season, aim to win in 3rd year of new manager.

I thought you were talking about Jose until that last paragraph.

Ole was not good enough, he played a style of football that was never sustainable. As soon as other teams got wise to it, everybody gave us a game. Even if we had the better team on paper.

He's not the man to take us forward, and that was pretty obvious by the end of his previous tenure, even if it took some a good 18 months to realise the issues.

I don’t fully disagree. But it sure was fun, at least. Maybe I value enjoyable football a little too much.

How about no. Do you forget how shit we were with Ole? This is a step further backwards. We need a manager that knows what they are doing and has the experience to take us forward.

Can't see the club reappointing Ole. The next manager will probably be De Zerbi (epecially if he does well at Marseille).

What a joke. We chased Ragnick away after he revealed all of our problems. The grass is always greener. I'd much rather see all this energy concentrated on the much bigger problem, let's force out the scum who own us (that is the Glazers, of course). No more rebuilds please.

What a joke. We chased Ragnick away after he revealed all of our problems. The grass is always greener. I'd much rather see all this energy concentrated on the much bigger problem, let's force out the scum who own us (that is the Glazers, of course). No more rebuilds please.

How do you propose doing that?