Life after ETH — the next United manager

With INEOS, we will never get a top manager in. Tuchel turned us down because he wanted more control. The same will happen if we approach other top managers.

So we are stuck with Ten Hag, or have to replace him with a promising young manager, or Southgate who nobody else wants.
If that nonsense was true then fortunately we don't need a 'top' manager to improve on whatever Ten Hag is.

The most supportive Ten Hag posters on here have made some properly unreadable posts since last weekend. Proper scrambling desperation stuff.
If you were right we would have Tuchel at the helm. No top manager will work under this structure.

I‘d rather go for a younger manager anyways, but it will probably be Southgate.

If you were right we would have Tuchel at the helm. No top manager will work under this structure.

I‘d rather go for a younger manager anyways, but it will probably be Southgate.

Do you believe what you are writing? As if managers aren't willing to go to Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Chelsea, etc. all clubs where they don't have complete control and are working under a structure.

I’d be tempted by Thomas Frank. Knows the league, tactically astute, and more charismatic than ETH. Could be a solid unspectacular choice, similar to Slot.

I’d be tempted by Thomas Frank. Knows the league, tactically astute, and more charismatic than ETH. Could be a solid unspectacular choice, similar to Slot.
His football is painful to watch.

Standards have really dropped in the cafe!

With INEOS, we will never get a top manager in. Tuchel turned us down because he wanted more control. The same will happen if we approach other top managers.

So we are stuck with Ten Hag, or have to replace him with a promising young manager, or Southgate who nobody else wants.

Come on now. Name 1 club where manager have total control over transfer? City and Pep? Im pretty sure Pep once applauded Citys board for finding a player hed never known before.

With INEOS, we will never get a top manager in.
No a top manager will come to an already successful club or one that has done the groundwork for it. What we need is a rebuild manager which is a whole other skill set. What we need to focus on now is infrastructure and best practice, not some massive ego from ten years ago.

The most supportive Ten Hag posters on here have made some properly unreadable posts since last weekend. Proper scrambling desperation stuff.

When you boil the criticism of ETH down to the core it's that he's too attack minded and so we're too open if we lose possession in midfield (which we do way too much.) There are worse hills to die on. I'd rather fix the problems than change the approach and go back to LVG ball. But if he can't fix then by the end of the year, he will have to go I'm afraid. He will stand or fall on Ugarte staying fit and performing as billed.

Why? Pep Guardiola doesn’t have a say in all his signings. He has people helping him above him. I doubt he’d have choose to sign Savinho. I bet someone advised him to pep possibly someone from Girona.

When you boil the criticism of ETH down to the core it's that he's too attack minded and so we're too open if we lose possession in midfield (which we do way too much.) There are worse hills to die on. I'd rather fix the problems than change the approach and go back to LVG ball. But if he can't fix then by the end of the year, he will have to go I'm afraid. He will stand or fall on Ugarte staying fit and performing as billed.
Him being "attack-minded" is the biggest myth because it doesn't translate into reality. We barely score any goals.

We scored more under Ole.

Why? Pep Guardiola doesn’t have a say in all his signings. He has people helping him above him. I doubt he’d have choose to sign Savinho. I bet someone advised him to pep possibly someone from Girona.

The Savinho thing was probably just done as a way for City's owners to move money to Troyes so they can buy their way to a promotion after escaping relegation on a technicallity last season.

Last edited:
Him being "attack-minded" is the biggest myth because it doesn't translate into reality. We barely score any goals.

We scored more under Ole.

Only in the sense that he pushes the midfield up high. We probably would score goals with in form forwards but they cost a lot.

Only in the sense that he pushes the midfield up high. We probably would score goals with in form forwards but they cost a lot.
You shouldn’t need to spend a lot to make your team score goals. They need coaching to find a way of scoring goals. Brighton have welbeck upfront and have scored 7 goals. We’ve scored 2

No a top manager will come to an already successful club or one that has done the groundwork for it. What we need is a rebuild manager which is a whole other skill set. What we need to focus on now is infrastructure and best practice, not some massive ego from ten years ago.
Ten Hag inners are really clutching at anything including scaremongering. United guarantee a top salary, a huge wage and transfer budget and a chance to test your skills against the best. If Ineos build on their work in the summer by the end of next summer we will have really strong core to our side, ready to compete.

In Mainoo, Yoro, Hoijlund, Amad, Garnacho and Zirkee we have a young nexus of the next team already emerging. Then we now have De Ligt, Ugarte, Martinez, Dalot, Shaw and Bruno all in their primes. Add in a couple of decent players we will have an exciting squad.

What we should do, in the interim, is to find a really good coach, doesnt necessarily have to be a winner but someone who can get a team playing cohesively without the weird, suicidal tactics we are currently employing. That shouldn't be difficult if we look across all the top leagues (Spain, Germany and Italy).

If we want a young manager with great potential, we can scout one and lure them. Maybe we didn't do that in the summer because everyone was just settling in and that was no time to beaking such a decision because the key players hadn't had time to study all the candidates and settle on a pick. Tuchel was the safe choice, in that he was a known quantity, but you need more time to assess any left field, unherlalded option.

You shouldn’t need to spend a lot to make your team score goals. They need coaching to find a way of scoring goals. Brighton have welbeck upfront and have scored 7 goals. We’ve scored 2

Chelsea have Nicholas Jackson upfront and still managed to put 6 past Wolves

That's very true. But ETH wants to play a certain way and he has yet to possess the players to do that. Basically he wants to copy Klopp but he's not Klopp and he doesn't have Klopp's players.

Times did a good analysis i thought here

Thank you. Even then, ten Hag has spent big money on the attack.

I mean Tuchel did turn us down for the reason he wouldn't have control of transfers

We are talking about the guy who lasted at PSG for almost 3 years and everyone knows managers have literally zero control over transfers there. Went to Chelsea, only to leave once he was asked to be driving force of the group that worked on transfers. Also, didn't have anything close to full control in Dortumund and Bayern as we know how those clubs work.

Maybe he suddenly had a total twist in his head and the way he worked, but I doubt it. That story has more holes than my late granpa socks.

We are talking about the guy who lasted at PSG for almost 3 years and everyone knows managers have literally zero control over transfers there. Went to Chelsea, only to leave once he was asked to be driving force of the group that worked on transfers. Also, didn't have anything close to full control in Dortumund and Bayern as we know how those clubs work.

Maybe he suddenly had a total twist in his head and the way he worked, but I doubt it. That story has more holes than my late granpa socks.
That's exactly it.

Certain spells can cause manager's deep issues. For example: Jose was never the same at City, and it seems Tuchel won't be the same after his spell at Chelsea & Bayern.

I mean Tuchel did turn us down for the reason he wouldn't have control of transfers
Thank feck he did then. Last thing we need is to spend a fortune providing tuchel with a personalised squad, which he will inevitably abandon within a year or two for one reason or another.

He'd do well at city post Pep. Give him the same unlimited transfer budget and he'd probably do alright once he churns through enough players to find his team.

Southgate is surely dead in the water after Carsley had England playing much better football in just one match.
Not that it was ever a serious debate. More a click bait title for all the ABUs out there

That's exactly it.

Certain spells can cause manager's deep issues. For example: Jose was never the same at City, and it seems Tuchel won't be the same after his spell at Chelsea & Bayern.
So Cern did blast us into a parallel dimension.

I'd rather we try this new approach to player recruitment than collecting a disparate ensemble of players over the last 10 years, all of which need changing upon a new managerial appointment.

Nagelsmann should still be high on the list. His teams always dominate the chances

This is based on an article from Bild, possibly the worst newspaper out there. In that article they refer to a person from Tuchel's circle.

That mystery man - or woman - allegedly said that Tuchel didn't want to go through the Chelsea experience again. That he wants to build something.

Somehow a lot of people turned this article into what you said. They say those things without hesitation, no shame, presenting fantasy as fact because it fits the narrative. Disturbing behaviour.

I don't believe any if it. His ego was hurt due to the reports that we turned him down and kept a perpetual failure, the philosopher Ten Hag.

First of all, Tuchel has no friends. He is a sociopath of the highest order. I assume he called Bild himself with a stolen cellphone, whispered "do you want to know a secret...I know you do...yes?" before throwing his neighbour's cat across the room.

Then he screamed "I said no to Utd...not them TO ME...I mean Tuchel...NEIN NEIN NEIN"...before he started crying, cursing out the club. The guy is crazy.

Secondly, Mr Venom Eyes loves death, misery and his coaching, that's it. The less he has to deal with, the better. As seen at giant clubs like Mainz, trash clubs like Dortmund, abominations like PSG, a circus like Munich and of course the loony bin called Chelsea.

But now he wants total control, because why not? At what elite club does a manager get total control? Not even poet Peppy Pep gets that.

The "he wants to build" is beyond laughable. He wants to destroy, if possible, everything.

We should go back for him. I hate him, but what he delivers is what we need right now. Stability. Order. A base to build from, just let someone else do the building.

First of all, Tuchel has no friends. He is a sociopath of the highest order. I assume he called Bild himself with a stolen cellphone, whispered "do you want to know a secret...I know you do...yes?" before throwing his neighbour's cat across the room.

I hate him, but what he delivers is what we need right now.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The latest Tifo podcast makes some interesting points about our current situation. The biggest one is that Ashworth oversaw the big improvement in England and also Brighton, but this didn't happen in the space of two months. They speculate that Ten Hag staying was mainly about not changing too many things at once and that it's likely none of the managers they spoke to in the summer impressed them enough for them to decide that level of change at this time was worth it.

I say this as someone who has recently reached the point where I think managerial change is needed - but I acknowledge the points they are making as valid. In terms of who next, I have no strong views, but all I can say is I watch other so-called lesser teams in the premier league like Brighton, Bournemouth, Wolves, Brentford, Fulham, Palace etc and am bewildered at how much better their football is to watch than ours. United are not even half-decent most of the time and could easily get turned over by almost any other premier league team and nobody would be surprised by it. I suspect we will end up being Ipswich's first 'big scalp' of the season.
Completely agree with the so called lesser teams playing better football. Even after watching games we win I am often left thinking how did we win that , we were awful.

Would give him time until the villa game, show clear and major improvements and he could stay, otherwise it's probably better for both parties to part ways.

What's the point he can't play the style INEOS are looking to implement so need to just cut ties. Yes I know Tuchel wouldn't be able to either but at least he can steady things until they find their ideal fit.

Lampard:
- british
- can speak the lingo
- english
- high iq makes him a genius
- willing to work under ineos overlords
- willing to sign players he doesnt want to please the overlords
- quit handsome
- can bring the best out of mason mount
- ex midfielder so wont play 1 man midfield

It makes so much sense

What's the point he can't play the style INEOS are looking to implement so need to just cut ties. Yes I know Tuchel wouldn't be able to either but at least he can steady things until they find their ideal fit.
Would you not say Tuchels been and gone now? We’ve spoke to him and for whatever reason both decided it wasn’t a good fit. Think the top 3 should be Alonso, Nagelsmann and I’d even try and tempt Ancelotti. I think we’ve missed out in the summer though, De Zerbi was easy to get and an upgrade on ETH.