Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

True. They might have it listed as pounds, but mean Euros. But regardless of Euros/Pounds - Rio's 2002 fee would be triple digits in today's value, I'd say

It think a 23 year old Rio would be the best defender in the world and very suited to modern football.

He'd definitely go for a lot.

Super excited by this signing...looks like a stud for the future for sure. I'm a bit concerned about this year...I think it's a risk to rely on our current crop of CB's both on talent and injury history, and I'm not sure Yoro is a surefire every match starter in the PL right now. That is why I have to admit I would be a bit happier if it were De Ligt or Braithwaite given their superior experience. If we can still get one of them then I think this is an absolute steal of a signing. It still is anyway regardless really, and in a vacuum there's no scenario we shouldn't have done it...he's a generational talent IMHO...but it might be a spotty year at the back for the upcoming season.

Sounds an awful lot like, I want to develop here then move to Madrid
I don’t really care if it is, personally. What matters is he performs while he is in red. It’s a very exciting signing, and it shouldn’t be diminished by worrying about 4/5 years in the future. Look forward to seeing him play!!

feck me relax, sky have done this with plenty of transfers of ours in the past where they didn't plaster the fee everywhere. Not everything is a conspiracy all the time.
Well if not why not do same?

Did City not pay money for Salvio?

0YLhm03.png
:lol:

This transfer window is just so much better than last year. Every time I read the word 'project' in relation to current activity I get excited for next season.

GBP is not worth 30x what it was in 2002.
Not what they're arguing. The average player sold in PL in 2006 went for about £3 mil. 15 seasons later, it was £22 mil. If you then multiply Rio's or Shevchenko's fees into that development, it would rise well above triple digits.

They even write this funny fun fact:

A loaf of bread would cost £24 if it had risen at the same rate as Premier League footballers since 1992, while a pint of milk would be £11 and a pint of lager would cost nearly £50.

Not what they're arguing. The average player sold in PL in 2006 went for about £3 mil. 15 seasons later, it was £22 mil. If you then multiply Rio's or Shevchenko's fees into that development, it would rise well above triple digits.

They even write this funny fun fact:
What’s funny about living in London?

Amad turned 22 last week so we have a full run:

17 - Amass
18 - Yoro
19 - Mainoo
20 - Garnacho
21 - Hojlund
22 - Amad
23 - Zirkzee
17 - Amass
17 - Jack Fletcher
18 - Yoro
18 - Ethan Wheatley
19 - Mainoo
19 - Daniel Gore
20 - Garnacho
20 - Toby Collyer
21 - Hojlund
22 - Amad
23 - Zirkzee

If we're hoping for Amass to breakthrough soon, let's add some of the other promising talents around him. Hope springs eternal!

17 - Amass
17 - Jack Fletcher
18 - Yoro
18 - Ethan Wheatley
19 - Mainoo
19 - Daniel Gore
20 - Garnacho
20 - Toby Collyer
21 - Hojlund
22 - Amad
23 - Zirkzee

If we're hoping for Amass to breakthrough soon, let's add some of the other promising talents around him. Hope springs eternal!

Excellent work.

You can’t just factor in real world inflation. Football growth has been exponential. That’s easily a £100 million fee today.
I think that’s subjective. How much we speculate they are worth (using hindsight) and how much was actually paid are two different things.

I don't think Rio would be 100+ million. Simply because even now no defender has cost that much. I see it being more similar to Maguire/VVD.

Not that I'm advocating it, but can he play RB? With AwB rumours, we’d be left with just Dalot for it. I think we’ll sign another CB as well.

When is the last time we signed a high end CB prospect of this profile? Smalling and Jones werent at this level, is it Rio?

Jones was widely regarded as a top talent at the time we signed him, and probably would have been a top, top player without the injuries.

Smalling was a bit left-field.

Delighted with this transfer. Seems like (as we hoped) we had competent people in to cook the future. Praying we'll bring in competent people all over the club (medical stuuf etc), sell the deadwood.
I'm not even a transfer muppet but confident with this staff.