Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

I’ve just watched a video on him - he looks outstanding.

It absolutely is not. Rio's fee is certainly triple figures after inflation. According to this Sky Sports article it's nearly £200m.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...erdinand-top-all-time-inflation-adjusted-fees

Another source: https://www.givemesport.com/most-expensive-premier-league-transfers-ever-based-on-inflation/
I'm talking about the worth of GBP. It's roughly doubled.

Rio would not go for 200 million that's just silly. Gvardiol is the most expensive defender ever even in today's prices at £80 million. Ferdinand would be about that too.

I’ve just watched a video on him - he looks outstanding.

I think United has a really talented squad, nurturing the youth we have and developing them will go a long way to a title challenge

Rio would not go for 200 million that's just silly. Gvardiol is the most expensive defender ever even in today's prices at £80 million. Ferdinand would be about that too.

Rio is a much better player than Gvardiol

Based on your random gut feeling? No thanks, I'll trust people with some sort of expertise or credibility over a random person contradicting it based on nothing.

More interceptions, more tackles and better passing accuracy than all our defenders last season.

Absolutely no chance this happens with the old back room structure. On the off chance we would have made a serious approach, the player wouldn’t have had genuine interest in stepping into the Glazer bin fire allowing Lille to use the disinterest as leverage to price gouge until the last minute, and he would have ended up staying at Lille. Besides the obvious gap in competence when it comes to negotiation, players have a legitimate football related interest in coming here because of who is running this club now. This gives us leverage in negotiations we’ve very rarely had in the past under the Glazer disease.

You're quoting Sky Sports :lol:
One from the Athletic from 2 years ago saying he was £132m+ : https://www.sportbible.com/football/premier-league-transfers-inflation-alan-shearer-933728-20230622

Has probably been inflated further since then. Not that I believe it matters what source I quote to you, since you clearly want to live in your own fantasy world.

Original Athletic link to Carl Anka article before you go complaining about that: https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/32...n-uniteds-biggest-transfers-would-cost-today/

One from the Athletic from 2 years ago saying he was £132m+ : https://www.sportbible.com/football/premier-league-transfers-inflation-alan-shearer-933728-20230622

Has probably been inflated further since then. Not that I believe it matters what source I quote to you, since you clearly want to live in your own fantasy world.

Original Athletic link to Carl Anka article before you go complaining about that: https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/32...n-uniteds-biggest-transfers-would-cost-today/
It’s all totally subjective.

Welcome Leny Yoro!

Why are so many of you phecks concerned about his looks? All that matters is how he plays.

This is brilliant. Proper Man Utd tradition stuff. He’s already one of the best in the world stats wise.
We will still have to be patient but delighted to have him.

Still think we need two midfielders and a winger though. Ugarte looking likely.
Would love us to try for Nico Williams. That would be a game changer.

I don't think football player values are the same as loaves of bread. Which is where I think your getting the inflation values from.

Not too impressed with this signing to be honest....he doesn't look 'man mountain' enough to deal with the baddest strikers on the planet!

Manchester United conducting business decisively while being financially realistic. Offering a clear football agenda and doing it with players that we are known for, hungry and dynamic. We are building back properly. Brings tears to my cock.

INEOS 1st statement signing.

Literally thought this was a pipe dream as looked a certainty he was Real Madrid bound. Delighted we have him here and for a reasonable price when you consider what Everton value Branthwaite at!

Not too impressed with this signing to be honest....he doesn't look 'man mountain' enough to deal with the baddest strikers on the planet!

I know mate, we are gonna have a specky school kid and a midget at the back. Calvert Lewin will have em on toast

Finding it hard to be excited about him but that is mostly down to the fact that I've never seen him play and although he looks pretty amazing in videos, for me it's not a way to judge.

Im not sure if he will be a starter straight away, he's seems pretty young to be starting at CB in the prem with one year under his belt in the French league. Saying that, a French mate of mine says that they call him the mbappe of defenders in France.

Although I started this post by not being excited, I am looking forward to seeing what the future holds with him.

Also, big shout out to United, 2 signings done and the main pre season has not even started. I'm learning to trust this club again and I trust they have done there homework on him and he is not another Anthony who also looking unbelievable on YouTube before we signed him for 80m.

Strange claim. At the time we bought Rio, only 5 players were worth more. We paid more for Rio than Ronaldo, Nedved (recent ballon d’Or winners) or Veron (the British transfer record) around the same time. Gvardiol barely squeezes into the top 20. You’re wildly underestimating the value of Rio at that time. It’s not about passing your own subjective judgment of his value at the time, it’s about recognising how much he was actually valued, and measuring the very clear inflation in transfer fees since then. It’s plainly obvious that fee gets into the triple digits this year.

Good thing there's a dearth of strikers right now

Has anybody watched him in French league regularly? What did we just buy, all the hype and news coverage aside? :)

This transfer is great Not only we pulled the what seemed to be the impossible because of Madrid we ended up pissing off every other football fan :lol:

Absolutely love it

I hope ETH get his act together. If we start winning and a young squad with potential world class talent then nobody will want to leave us. We are talking about 8-10 years defensively partnership with Martinez and Yoro. This squad will peak in 3 years time with Hoijund, Garnacho, Mainoo, Yoro and others. Scary to believe that this is happening.

Are Jim Beam and Adnan going to resume their battle in here or save it for the performance thread? :confused:

Really feels like we've turned a corner as a club. Exciting times ahead

Absolutely no chance this happens with the old back room structure. On the off chance we would have made a serious approach, the player wouldn’t have had genuine interest in stepping into the Glazer bin fire allowing Lille to use the disinterest as leverage to price gouge until the last minute, and he would have ended up staying at Lille. Besides the obvious gap in competence when it comes to negotiation, players have a legitimate football related interest in coming here because of who is running this club now. This gives us leverage in negotiations we’ve very rarely had in the past under the Glazer disease.

I've seen this mentioned. We bought Pogba from Juventus, who were top team at that time. We got Maguire, Fred, Ronaldo over our more successful neighbor, by throwing a bunch of money. Which is what we exactly just did on this case.

Last edited:
I've seen this mentioned. We bought Pogba from Juventus, who were top team at that time. We got Maguire, Fred, Ronaldo over our more successful neighbor, by throwing a bunch of money. Which is what we exactly just did on this case.
Not even close to being similar but sure why not