Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

Not going to pretend I have seen this lad play , obviously a highly rated potential.

But at only 18 and coming into a physical league such a the premier league which is also a huge leap in quality to where he has come from.

Is it realistic to expect him to be an automatic regular starter in the coming season?

Not going to pretend I have seen this lad play , obviously a highly rated potential.

But at only 18 and coming into a physical league such a the premier league which is also a huge leap in quality to where he has come from.

Is it realistic to expect him to be an automatic regular starter in the coming season?

Ideally we get a De Ligt too so can take him in and out of the first XI whilst he is still developing

So much hype. I hope this kid is worth it. Otherwise spending 62 million euro for someone who only had a year's contract left will seem so stupid.

Can’t believe we grabbed a young talent! Reminds me of getting CR7, Rio, Wazza etc…. United of old!

So new number 15 eh???

French league is right there with PL in terms of physicality.

He's already the second best CB in the squad so yes. No that doesn't mean I expect him to be infallible.

When is the last time we signed a high end CB prospect of this profile? Smalling and Jones werent at this level, is it Rio?
Jones was a ridiculous talent the season we got him. Yoro is probably better though.

So much hype. I hope this kid is worth it. Otherwise spending 62 million euro for someone who only had a year's contract left will seem so stupid.
If we wait, then we have zero chance to land a highly talented player. He will join Real or City or Liverpool of free, I don't believe we are in the position to sign him if he is going a free. There will be a long queue waiting to meet his agent and him. I think it is a right move from Ineos to sign an exciting talent with resale value. If he is half decent, we can sell him for the same price in a couple of years.

How does it matter if he has 1 year or 10 years in his contract? Mudryk has a 100 year contract - is he worth 1b?

Yoro is worth 0 to us if we can't get him. Would he choose us over Madrid when his contract is up? We needed to have to give something to gain the upper hand in signing him.

If we wait, then we have zero chance to land a highly talented player. He will join Real or City or Liverpool of free, I don't believe we are in the position to sign him if he is going a free. There will be a long queue waiting to meet his agent and him. I think it is a right move from Ineos to sign an exciting talent with resale value. If he is half decent, we can sell him for the same price in a couple of years.

Yeah couldn't agree more we had to strike now

It's the decisiveness that impresses me. Not just getting Yoro but giving Leverton the middle finger too.

A good signing on paper, obviously we paid a premium for a teenager with one season left on his contract who has no PL experience, it's not without risks but then if he's as good as many say then it's a risk worth taking.

He should be in training today shouldn’t he. Wasn’t involved in any internationals.

Hope he can handle the pressure. That price tag on his young shoulder will make it that much more difficult when he goes through a rough patch. Hope ETH/management team protects and develops him to reach his full potential.

In-laws are here and haven't been able to keep up with transfer window at all. Is this the guy that was going to Real on a free next year?

I think 60 games for a centre back at his age is amazing, not many central defenders can claim that.

Unfortunately he’ll get some stick remember Stams first couple of games ‘the 10 million Dutch donkey’ the press called him, or Evra and his debut. Let’s hope we have a winner on our hands.

He should be in training today shouldn’t he. Wasn’t involved in any internationals.
Think he might get a few extra days he’s very young will be moving with his family. Will definitely be on tour to USA though also might need work permits sorted fk Brexit

In-laws are here and haven't been able to keep up with transfer window at all. Is this the guy that was going to Real on a free next year?
You can tell your in-laws, that yes it’s that guy.

GSysnJcWMAAIQX_

Looks miserable.

Marca were right!
Buzzing. But he needs pen holding training. :)

Think he might get a few extra days he’s very young will be moving with his family. Will definitely be on tour to USA though also might need work permits sorted fk Brexit
Ye good point. Take him few days to settle.

Cheers, will he be a starter or is he one for the future?
Should defo be a starter. If your good enough then doesn’t matter what age you are as Mainoo as shown. Plus it’s not like we’ve bought a youth player with no first team experience like with Amad. This guy was in Lille’s first team all season and think they kept something like 13 clean sheets.

The saltiness from the ABU's is a joy to behold

And Madrid: "Lille threatened not to play French defender Leny Yoro, 18, in the final year of his contract if he did not agree to sign for Manchester United." (Marca - in Spanish)

Possibly the most butt-hurt PR release I've seen.

Sounds to me like biggest tap-up merchants in football are butt-hurt so they’ve used their mouthpiece to spin it.

Never seen him play. Hope he's as good as the hype.

Good to see us trying to buy for the long term. .

It isn't that common to play teenagers at CB, is it? I don't know a thing about this guy, but does Cafe think he will be a starter /first rotation option this season?