Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

i-want-you-to-get-the-word-out-there-that-we-back-up-the-wire.gif

We're fecking back and price of the brick going up

Wow the hype around this lads potential is huge. Hope he is great.

Exciting times, the better days are coming again.

Hope this turns into a bit of a benchmark for the other future signings. We got this guy to buy into the project after we finished 8th and competing against Madrid.

Exciting signings so far. And stealing a march on Madrid to boot.

I hope he hits the ground running.

However minor it will impact them, Madrid needed their wings clipping a bit.

Well done Ineos, this would have been impossible for us to do last summer.

Heard nothing but good things about this kid. Hope it's all true. If so...and we make the other moves in and out that are needed...next season could be really fun.

Really happy with this and for the price. Woodward probably would have just given Everton the 70m for Braithwaite
That's exactly what would have happened, and then been quoted far too much for yoro. We'd then watch yoro be signed for this price to a rival and gaslight ourselves into believing all is fine, we got our main target.

Hopefully we treat him right as fans. an 18 year old will make mistakes - lets try not crucify the guy 5 games in. Such an exciting signing.

He's cute and has such a cool moustache. I know it's superficial but Yoro is immediately one of my favorite players!

Brilliant by the club to get this done.

Now, we need to have a chat about this 'tache!

“I know about the history of young players at Manchester United and feel it can be the perfect place to reach my potential and achieve my ambitions, together with my new team-mates. I cannot wait to get started.”

Sounds an awful lot like, I want to develop here then move to Madrid

Some excerpts from the Athletic.

Against the apparent odds, when never considered frontrunners until this week, United had landed what many in Europe already consider a “generational talent”.

Plenty, including other suitors of Yoro, had expected the 18-year-old to end up signing for Madrid either this summer or in a year’s time, when his contract with Lille was due to expire. According to sources with knowledge of the situation, Madrid held talks with Yoro’s representative, Jorge Mendes, and the willingness to join them was made clear. All signs had pointed towards their Bernabeu stadium.

It was not just Madrid who had expected Yoro to join Mbappe in another ambitious summer in the Spanish capital. A source told The Athletic that another top European club interested in Yoro had received guidance that the defender’s top three preferences were Madrid this summer, Madrid in the coming season’s January window or Madrid next year.

Yet United’s accepted bid, worth more than double the one tabled by Madrid, presented Yoro with a decision to make ahead of the coming season. The youngster was eventually convinced his development could continue at pace in the Premier League. Former United centre-back Rio Ferdinand was deployed, among others, to convince him it would be the right move. Yoro had been expected to provide long-term answers for Real Madrid in their defensive line. That he will instead start the coming season with United embodies the changing landscape at Old Trafford.

The capture of Yoro is a huge financial investment for United and, perhaps just as importantly, a signing to mark intent under the control of the new co-ownership by INEOS and Sir Jim Ratcliffe. There is a feeling within United that getting Yoro in and the impending departure of Mason Greenwood are seismic for multiple reasons. They have captured a generational talent around the same time as they have managed to shift a controversial player whose future lay away from Old Trafford.

The capture of Yoro will also be considered a feather in the cap of new chief executive Omar Berrada, who led final negotiations. It was said the chase had become an obsession, with the former Manchester City chief operating officer eager to beat Madrid and signal a new direction for United. Dan Ashworth and Jason Wilcox, Berrada’s fellow newcomers as sporting director and technical director respectively, were also heavily involved. Wilcox flew out to meet Yoro at an early stage in the process to impress on the teenager how much United wanted him and how they would work to develop him.

Hopefully we treat him right as fans. an 18 year old will make mistakes - lets try not crucify the guy 5 games in. Such an exciting signing.
Agree with this. The way people on here treated Garnacho last season was horrendous tbh

Exciting times. By all accounts he has everything that we want in a modern world class center back. Let's hope he develops into our own Saliba. That's the target for him now as I rate Saliba as the best CB in the league currently. No pressure. ;) Ofcourse I'll be patient with him. Hope he gets there in 2-3 years time.
Yoro, Garnacho, Mainoo, Hojlund and Amad. What an excellent core of young players we have. I truly wish they all reach their potentials and do it so at United.
You forgot Zirkee, unintentionally of course.

It’s the sort of signing you make on FM as a cheat code that I haven’t seen this club make in years. A proper wonderkid with insane potential. Just wild really.

Great news. The hype around this kid is incredible. I know nothing about him but if he lives up to it then we have a hell of a player.

Still hope we sign de ligt. Yoro is 18 and will need to be eased in a bit. Also individual ability can cover for poor tactics only so much, so hopefully that is sorted too.

I've not seen him play, but judging on what I've read, both from fans and pundits/ex professionals, he seems like he'll be a good signing.

50M for an 18 year old is a good amount of money, but you'd imagine that will double if he goes on to reach anywhere near his maximum potential.

So excited about this signing, but also overall the club seems to be on an upward trajectory, Ineos are not fecking around.

We're finally acting like a serious club for the first time in a while.