Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

Amazing start to the Ineos era. This wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Andy Mitten has got one of those faces where, even after you've seen it a million times, you get a fright when you see him in real life. As soon as he talks you think "you sound like Andy Mitten but you don't look like him".

Anyway, I'm happy as feck about this signing!

Fantastic signing. What a fecking pull.
Would have been great to have Varane for one more season just to ease him in but hopefully Martinez and (hopefully) De Ligt will be good partnerships for him.

Big Lenny!

i-want-you-to-get-the-word-out-there-that-we-back-up-the-wire.gif

It's not official until we get the video where Ten Hag gives him a crisp handshake, and then ruins it by being socially awkward immediately afterwards with his shoulder rubbing and saying "you like heh?!"
Don't forget the slaps on the chest as well. Repeatedly say heh as he does it.

LOSC confirms today that it has reached an agreement with Manchester United FC for the transfer of Leny Yoro. A pure product of LOSC, he is leaving his training club after seven years in the LOSC colours.

Leny, we are proud of the person and the footballer you have become. Thank you for everything and good luck in your new adventure in England.

Lille will forever remain your home ❤️

It's not official until we get the video where Ten Hag gives him a crisp handshake, and then ruins it by being socially awkward immediately afterwards with his shoulder rubbing and saying "you like heh?!"
You’re so weird and loveable. Never change. This made me laugh out loud and then I had to explain to my wife essentially you as a poster.

It’s very important for a player to feel the love for himself and his family from the club he’s joining. We always make people feel part of the family. Buzzing with this
That's the part where I think we're back. Not just throwing eye watering amounts of money at them, but genuinely care about them.

If he indeed has a Baresi level talent, we might have sorted this position for like 10 years

This transfer window is very different from previous ones, I like it!

Exciting times. By all accounts he has everything that we want in a modern world class center back. Let's hope he develops into our own Saliba. That's the target for him now as I rate Saliba as the best CB in the league currently. No pressure. ;) Ofcourse I'll be patient with him. Hope he gets there in 2-3 years time.
Yoro, Garnacho, Mainoo, Hojlund and Amad. What an excellent core of young players we have. I truly wish they all reach their potentials and do it so at United.

I'm very excited by this. Most excited I've been about a transfer since Varane. That one didn't work out as I'd hoped, but Leny is younger with all the potential in the world. I think he'll be a massive success and he'll play much more next season than most here expect imo.

These are the type of signings that leave you absolutely buzzing. Such a pleasant surprise he chose us over Madrid when many like myself thought we had no chance! A real statement from the new footballing structure!

You’re so weird and loveable. Never change. This made me laugh out loud and then I had to explain to my wife essentially you as a poster.
"He's Scottish."
"Ah, that explains it, dear. How did you get out of the sex dungeon?"

Just singed a potential generational talent over a team who can pretty guarantee a title or cl every few years.

This might just be a statement for others who want to join the journey and become legends at our club

It’s a very good night indeed

What a strong and honest message:

“Since my first conversations with the club, they set out a clear plan for how I can develop in Manchester as part of this exciting project, and showed a lot of care for me and my family.

“I know about the history of young players at Manchester United and feel it can be the perfect place to reach my potential and achieve my ambitions to play for Madrid, together with my new team-mates. I cannot wait to get started then play for Madrid in 5 years.”

Welcome Leonard. Very interested to see how he does

Hopefully more exciting young signings to come.

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but what a delightful proces it’s been as an external observer.

No dragging on for most of the summer and neglectint other targets and positions in the meanwhile. At the end of the summer window and start of the season alot of excitement and optimism in the club was gone.

Says a lot that while I’m buzzing our two young acquirements I’m equally buzzing for the apparent change in transfer strategy and execution of them. We suddenly seem to act like a proper big club.

If he indeed has a Baresi level talent, we might have sorted this position for like 10 years
Can we tone it down a bit? There is already pressure on the kid. Let’s on pour it on by expecting him to be one of the best already. Let’s temper expectations so we are pleasantly surprised with how he turns out.

Thank you Darcie Glazer

A couple of very promising signings already and about 6 weeks left to get 2-3 more