Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

Can we tone it down a bit? There is already pressure on the kid. Let’s on pour it on by expecting him to be one of the best already. Let’s temper expectations so we are pleasantly surprised with how he turns out.

A Jonathan Spector level talent.

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but what a delightful proces it’s been as an external observer.

No dragging on for most of the summer and neglectint other targets and positions in the meanwhile. At the end of the summer window and start of the season alot of excitement and optimism in the club was gone.

Says a lot that while I’m buzzing our two young acquirements I’m equally buzzing for the apparent change in transfer strategy and execution of them. We suddenly seem to act like a proper big club.
I genuinely think Ed and Joel Glazer and whoever else were working from a place of the fear of looking stupid or weak and it became a self fulfilling prophecy. They made signing the best players seem like it was almost impossible without months of unsettling everyone in the name of clicks hype and trying to save a few quid. In the meantime they just pissed everyone off. Oh we are considering a bid? What the f? You’ve had all year to decide what we need and who might be available. Every year players arriving without a preseason with us and ignoring major obvious problems in the first 11 repeatedly. They made it way way harder than it needed to ever be. Charlatans!

The club is waking up from a long slumber. This is Manchester Utd...

Can we tone it down a bit? There is already pressure on the kid. Let’s on pour it on by expecting him to be one of the best already. Let’s temper expectations so we are pleasantly surprised with how he turns out.
I bet you get ready salted crisps and a bottle of water in your meal deal.

GSysnJcWMAAIQX_

Looks miserable.

Marca were right!

Is he really what we need? His smile looks too sweet for a PL centerback.

This is awesome.

Really didnt see it happening so to see us attracting one of the highest rated young players is huge.

Amazing what a proper vision and structure at the club can do.

Now we can relax. Absolutely buzzing at this one didn’t think for one second we’d get him over Real but here we are.

Great signing and a real statement of intent.

Great statement signing from Ineos. It's highly risky given the fee but it's still good to gamble on raw talent with a high ceiling.

Anyone know what wages he'll be on? I've heard conflicting things.

INEOS aren't chancers, feels quite good having serious people at the helm at the club once again

The fee gives me a Murtough era feeling, but we know that he's not a last-minute signing. So somebody has done a more thorough analysis.

Bit weird, that video from Ferdinand. Shouting Leny over and over with no top on.

Literally never seen him play a minute of football but seems to be rated highly by a lot of people who would know.

Just delighted to see how quickly we are doing things. Uncharacteristic effeciency.

Looks like he already has a good level of English then. That's good. Will make communication between himself and the other defenders easy immediately.

Unreal news! I never thought we had a chance of making this happen when I first read the rumours. Figured we were being used to put pressure on Madrid. So I'm buzzing that it happened. I can't remember the last time we signed such a hyped young talent? Don't want to put too much pressure on him but genuinely excited by this. It's seems he'll be a starter so let's hope he can adapt quickly

Also Wtf was that video with Rio? :lol: