Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

2 months ofcourse. We can't catch a break. We ought to pick up injuries even in pre-season too. FFS what rotten luck. It was Amad and Mainoo last year, Yoro this year.

Even if such an injury is just a freak occurrence and could happened to anyone else, why the feck can't it just happen to some other team, and not us, twice in one match, after having the worst injury ravaged season!?

Why not fecking Saliba and Jesus?
Why not Diaz and Haaland?
Etc, etc.
It just had to be us, didn't it?

Getting real sick of this shit now. :lol:
Exactly! Why does it always have to be us? Why not VvD and Salah?

So with the injury to Yoro and the sale of Varane and Kambwala we have 2 less central defenders available for a few months than we had last season when we ended up having to play with Casemiro in that position. Unless of course we sign someone else.
Yeah we gotta sign one and perhaps look at another on loan

If he is injured for 2 months, it will probably mean that he will be ready against Southampton on 14 September at the earliest.

He will then miss the matches against:

- Manchester City
- Fulham
- Brighton
- Liverpool

EtH tactics overwork our players. When he leave he will left us in shambles.
Do your research before you post nonsense. Yoro was even doing half sessions so as to not risk him too much. Some of you lot are chomping at the bit to blame ETH for every single fecking thing that happens at the club.

Bayern might not sell de ligt anymore if they can't get Tah.

Scenes when we stump up the 70m+ for Branthwaite...

Well season doesn't start for 2 weeks, they'll be an international break which is basically 2 weeks between games, and he's already been injured for 5 days, so you could argue that he'll actually only miss just over 3 weeks.

Hard to feel like we are going anywhere when we keep getting such consistent and lengthy injury setbacks

Surprised that it's only two months if it's a broken metatarsal. We will probably feck up his rehab like with Licha and won't see him play for us before 2025.

How have we had both Martinez and Yoro fracture their metatarsals without impacts? Is this common?
I think it probably is, yeah. I know dancers do it a lot. Your foot twists on the ground and it goes. Usually when landing from a jump. I badly mangled mine that way, took a lot more than 2 months but hopefully we're able to offer slightly better medical care than Rowley Regis Hospital.

Unbelievable! Ten Hag overworks our players and let them even play in meaningless friendlies when they are already carrying an injury our medical department didn't even dedect and suffered just because the ghost of Marcus Rojo jumped on Yoro's foot! It's embarrassing how much we're in shambles!

What research? Just look at our injury record last season.
And how did his tactics lead to Yoro being injured in fecking pre-season? Even last season we had some freak injuries with Casemiro landing on Mainoos ankle, Malacia botching his surgery and Martinez getting injured after being tackled. It is obviously nonsense to claim that somehow his tactics were to blame when a player got injured in a meaningless game.

Surprised that it's only two months if it's a broken metatarsal. We will probably feck up his rehab like with Licha and won't see him play for us before 2025.
I fractured my metatarsal in the same manner as Rooney and it took two months before I could jog without pain. With top class medical treatment he could shorten that by a little but 3-6 weeks was always insanely optimistic

And how did his tactics lead to Yoro being injured in fecking pre-season? Even last season we had some freak injuries with Casemiro landing on Mainoos ankle, Malacia botching his surgery and Martinez getting tackled. It is obviously nonsense to claim that somehow his tactics were to blame when a player got injured in a meaningless game.
We are chasing shadows all over the pitch, players are doing a little speed bursts a lot during a game. Footballers are not conditioned for that.
It is all another set of fitness coaching, preparing and methods.
I was javelin thrower since my 8 y, was on Olympics, I was build like a beast but all my fitnnes coaching was around little burst of speed and pure power.
Footballers are not build like that, and all speedy players have problems with injuries (Bale, Giggs, Robben, Overmars, Ronaldo,,Ribery ect.)
You need to be on the pitch for 90 min, it's probably exhausting and ad pointless chasing of the ball or players when they cut trough our MF and it is recipe for disaster.

We are chasing shadows all over the pitch, players are doing a little speed bursts a lot during a game. Footballers are not conditioned for that.
It is all another set of fitness coaching, preparing and methods.
I was javelin thrower since my 8 y, was on Olympics, I was build like a beast but all my fitnnes coaching was around little burst of speed and pure power.
Footballers are not build like that, and all speedy players have problems with injuries (Bale, Giggs, Robben, Overmars, Ronaldo,,Ribery ect.)
You need to be on the pitch for 90 min, it's probably exhausting and ad pointless chasing of the ball or players when they cut trough our MF and it is recipe for disaster.
What are you talking about? Footballers are definitely conditioned for multiple short sprints.

with our luck, I won't be surprised if we only saw him next year

No one on here knows anything, lets be clear about that.

I am currently wearing a protective boot over a fibreglass cast, it's there to protect my foot and avoid any pressure on it from my body weight whilst it heals, I don't have any broken bones or swelling.
You any good at centerback? Asking for a friend.
How have we had both Martinez and Yoro fracture their metatarsals without impacts? Is this common?
I've never seen it.
So, right now, Lindelof and Maguire starting the season is a realistic possibility. Given Licha is still on his post Copa America break. I don't even know how to process that to be honest. Jonny Evans ftw I guess.
I think we are cursed: and lo, in the year of our lord 2024, your oldest player will become the most indispensable, your season will hang from his aged limbs...

Hopefully the injury to such a valuable asset will highlight to ineos that playing on such substandard pitches just isn't worth the money paid to us. Seriously, you could see the gaps in the turf because it hadn't had time to bed in properly.

What a shambles.

I’m at a point where I’m okay if we don’t play our new signings and important players in pre season anymore from now onwards. Some fecking voodoo shit this is.

We're so so very cursed. The season hasn't even begun and it seems we're already in crisis under this manager again.

About 6 weeks for a metatarsal now, with modern treatment - if it’s actually broken. You can do your metatarsal just walking down the road, so those who blame the training are well off the mark. Absolute bad luck for the lad though, but at his age he should fully recover.

Two months is eight weeks, so he'll be back in September when the fixtures gets crowded, which would be a big boost on his return.

It‘s the pitch they played on. Fire whoever decided to play this pre-season game there.