Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

Goz1Ufx.jpeg

You any good at centerback? Asking for a friend.

I've never seen it.

I think we are cursed: and lo, in the year of our lord 2024, your oldest player will become the most indispensable, your season will hang from his aged limbs...

Honestly mate it's time to call in the priests and get the incense burning. Someone has cast a hex on our club. Yoro missed one game through injury last season. Plays two halves for United and he's out for months. It's unreal. Witchcraft. Sorcery. Old Trafford needs an exorcism.

Sigh.

Can we stop doing pre season tours on shite pitches?

Thank feck we have still got Maguire and Lindelof with Casemiro as back up as Varane and Kambwala have left and Martinez will be straight in without a proper pre season.

Damn, how did it go from "rolled his ankle" to a fracture and 2 months out :o

While it’s clearly not an ideal start and it would have been great to have him kick on from the beginning it’s worth remembering he’s 18 years old and just moved to a new club, in a new country. Having a couple of months breathing space to really settle in and get to know his coaches and team mates and make his house a home and generally ease into the situation at his own pace could be beneficial long term.

While it’s clearly not an ideal start and it would have been great to have him kick on from the beginning it’s worth remembering he’s 18 years old and just moved to a new club, in a new country. Having a couple of months breathing space to really settle in and get to know his coaches and team mates and make his house a home and generally ease into the situation at his own pace could be beneficial long term.
I've thought this. Obviously it's cope to a degree but I think there's absolutely bits of truth in there.

You any good at centerback? Asking for a friend.

I've never seen it.

I think we are cursed: and lo, in the year of our lord 2024, your oldest player will become the most indispensable, your season will hang from his aged limbs...
Nah, I'm slower than Maguire these days, and that;s on a good day!

This kills all momentum :(
It’s okay. Lindelof will stay now and we get to see him outmuscled by Saka or one of the mascots if they run onto the pitch. Or briefly blown into the air by a particularly forceful Maguire fart

Getting Bit of Phil Jones vibes from this.He was looking like future England CB captain when we signed him.

Thank feck we have still got Maguire and Lindelof with Casemiro as back up as Varane and Kambwala have left and Martinez will be straight in without a proper pre season.
We'll have Maguire and Lindelof in 5 years replacing injured new signings

Revisionist bullshit to justify the 'biggest' club in France not even being in the picture again for their best young defender like Saliba again :lol:

Welcome to Manchester United.

Maguire & Lindelof vs Fulham day one of he season, you can just see it now…..

The worst stage of his career for him to get a serious injury ffs. This was a key development period for him.

Enthusiasm for the season was already low now it's just dead.

Some real downers around here. Y’all think the rest of the first team will be ready for Fulham or even Brighton games?? Many are still on holidays due to internationals commitments. So what if he come back game 3 of the season? He’s still an amazing player.

Why always us huh?

TBF we needed to sign another centre back anyway. It's not a good thing by any means obviously and yes if you're wondering I'm trying to force a positive but maybe now as a teenager he gets time to get used to the club and there will be less pressure because he sort of becomes part of the furniture before he plays.

Yes it's shite.

The timing is unfortunate but let’s be honest, two months is feck all.

Players get injured, let’s move on.

Its a shame but it could be worse. He will be back by game week 5, hardly season defining unless we seriously screw up.

We knew we needed another centre back before Yoro's injury, and I still suspect we will be working on potential deals.

Reminds me of what happened to Mainoo in the last preseason. Injured just minutes into the game v/s Madrid.

Only to come back into the starting lineup a couple of months later and cement himself.

Hope the same happens with Yoro. Great talent! Excited by what we are building towards.

Do your research before you post nonsense. Yoro was even doing half sessions so as to not risk him too much. Some of you lot are chomping at the bit to blame ETH for every single fecking thing that happens at the club.
I wouldn't worry about that poster's opinions. They seem to think that the only problem with Woodward's reign is that Ed didn't have a world class manager under him.

Getting Bit of Phil Jones vibes from this.He was looking like future England CB captain when we signed him.

Phil Jones was a world class talent.

I had a weird moment and thought it was interesting to do a player comparison with a few players against Jones first Utd season.

People would be shocked with how well he stood up. I'm sure some people will laugh and mock me but Phil Jones is one of the best centre back talents in the last 20 years and a very sad story.

If this lad is as good as him without the injuries then we have a special talent.

Three? We've already sold Varane too. We've got to get our asses in gear otherwise we'll be looking at a scrap just to make top four in the first place.
Yep, all the journos are on it now. Confirmed by the club apparently. We just can't catch a break.