Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

Left leg wrapped, with a protective boot and crutches. Hopefully not as ominous as it seems, but he’s likely facing a decent spell out.
A protective boot doesn’t necessarily mean it’s bad. Bruno posted a pic of him in a boot and was playing 4 days later

It really is just rotten luck.
See, this is the bit i'm not having. When it keeps happening, you have to look at absolutely everything you can from an injury prevention standpoint anything else is negligence if the best you can come up with is: *shrug* then its time to attempt to find better people.

It is one of the bigger jobs our footballing structure has, determining why we keep having so many injuries.

You have to laugh at Ten Hag sending Amad out alone for yesterday's press conference. It's like a kid who's avoiding his dad because he broke something in the house. He just didn't fancy answering the question. :lol:
This is the Yoro thread

An excuse to prevent players ankles being rolled?

I rolled my ankle a few months ago and I couldn’t play football for about 2-3 months, it was a freak accident where I went for a tackle, nothing could have been done to prevent it.
You obviously shouldn't have played. At all. Duh!

With Yoro already injured after about an hour's football, Lindelof injured before he even kicked a ball and us relying on Licha to stay fit, surely we need to bring in another centre back now?

An excuse to prevent players ankles being rolled?

I rolled my ankle a few months ago and I couldn’t play football for about 2-3 months, it was a freak accident where I went for a tackle, nothing could have been done to prevent it.

This is not our first injury, we have lots of different contact, non contact, wild injuries that happen at this rate only at Manchester United, obviously something is wrong.

You are not professional athlete, and you have nowhere near same facitilites to recover, or even to prepare for preventing those injuries, I have no idea why are you giving that example.

This is not our first injury, we have lots of different contact, non contact, wild injuries that happen at this rate only at Manchester United, obviously something is wrong.

You are not professional athlete, and you have nowhere near same facitilites to recover, or even to prepare for preventing those injuries, I have no idea why are you giving that example.
They actually happened at a lot of clubs last season. Newcastle and Spurs in particular were right up there with us in terms of injuries. They've overhauled the medical team to try and make sure it's not so severe, but a lot of that was just players not really having any proper let up since the COVID season

See, this is the bit i'm not having. When it keeps happening, you have to look at absolutely everything you can from an injury prevention standpoint anything else is negligence if the best you can come up with is: *shrug* then its time to attempt to find better people.

It is one of the bigger jobs our footballing structure has, determining why we keep having so many injuries.
100% all those injuries are not luck especially when they are muscular!

I’m not saying there isn’t something wrong, in this instance though I don’t see a way of preventing it.

How do you prevent a player rolling their ankle in a game of football?

I’m giving an anecdotal example of how it just happens on a football pitch. The recovery bit is irrelevant.

Lindelöf’s injured now as well? feck’s sake!
Pretty sure he's back in training, he might have had a knock or it might have been because a transfer was on the cards. Because of the Yoro injury they probably need him to be involved in the games now

Ten Hag broke his shiny new toy, everyone is having a meltdown.

Yoro doesn‘t look too concerned in the vid, maybe it is not too serious.

Ten Hag broke his shiny new toy, everyone is having a meltdown.

Yoro doesn‘t look too concerned in the vid, maybe it is not too serious.
When you are injured you don’t walk around with a constant look of pain or worry on your face. It’s a candid shot of him walking beside a team mate, he’s unlikely to show all of his concerns for his immediate playing career on his face in this context.

There is little point speculating until we hear an actual update, which has to come today with EtH bound to speak to press before or after the game.

Reactions: Invictus

Praying this is true. Would've expected much longer after seeing him in crutches

Medical apartment needs investigating, that's for sure.

Think this pretty much confirms a low ankle sprain injury. Physical therapy and further assessments. Best case scenario is he is back in 4-6 weeks.

I think the pitch may have played a role in this injury more than reports of him not being full “match fit”. But, that wont get clicks I guess.

Think this pretty much confirms a low ankle sprain injury. Physical therapy and further assessments. Best case scenario is he is back in 4-6 weeks.

I think the pitch may have played a role in this injury more than reports of him not being full “match fit”. But, that wont get clicks I guess.
I thought maybe they played on astrotuf, but was corrected by @GlasgowRedz (cheers), but the thing they've been doing, of using temporary grass has been terrible. The one in Atlanta was dreadful, according to Scaloni and several players:
Argentina head coach Lionel Scaloni was upset following his side’s victory and pointed blame at those in charge of hosting.

"Two days ago (the surface) was fake, and then they parched panels of grass together. It's painted to appear nicer than it is," Scaloni said. "The weird thing is we knew months ago we'd play here, so maybe things could've been done about the pitch quicker.

"The state of the pitch was a disaster. Very bumpy. We must improve in this aspect,” Martínez said. “Otherwise, Copa América will always appear at a lower level than the European Championship."
Argentina defender Cristian Romero echoed the opinions of Martínez and Scaloni about the playing surface.
“Having to play this competition on such an ugly field like this is unfortunate,” Romero said. “The field conditions were very ugly.”

Canada’s Kamal Miller didn’t feature in Thursday’s game but did go through warmups on the field.

"(The field) felt like walking on a stage, as if it was hollow," Miller said.
(https://the18.com/en/soccer-news/ar...ain-about-copa-america-grass-in-opener/136641)

There's a good breakdown of the issues and complicated nature of installation and use of temporary grass on artificial turf, here: https://www.playmetrosports.com/pos...y-grass-over-turf-pitch-the-copa-america-2024

All of this is to say: it's not a pitch type you take lightly, and any players considered less than 100% fit, especially young players, should not be exposed to it (without great reason and justification).

That’s the most likely explanation but there are loads of injuries that could require a boot. From metatarsal fractures to broken bones in his leg. Plus “low ankle sprain” is a broad church. From a few damaged fibres in a ligament to a total rupture, needing surgical repair.

We’re still really none the wiser, other than knowing it’s extremely unlikely he’ll take part in our season opener. FFS.

A protective boot doesn’t necessarily mean it’s bad. Bruno posted a pic of him in a boot and was playing 4 days later

Players often leave a match wearing a protective boot, to prevent any further damage while awaiting full assessment. If that clip of Yoro is from today and he’s still wearing the boot 4 days later then, well, that’s not good.

A correlate is not a connection.

It's not ten Hag's, or the medical team's, fault Yoro got injured, no matter how much you want him or them sacked.

3-6 weeks I feel is very manageable. We dont have our first game for another 2 weeks.

A correlate is not a connection.

It's not ten Hag's, or the medical team's, fault Yoro got injured, no matter how much you want him or them sacked.
Good thing I never apportioned blame to any of them. Merely that the club should be doing more to find out and address the root causes.

Medical apartment needs investigating, that's for sure.
He was here for 3 Seconds, how could our medical department be at fault for this? Do they have an alternative medical approach and are throwing stones at the ankles of our players in hope to toughen them up?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the caf freak about an injury so much other than maybe when Martinez first broke his foot and everyone thought he’d tore his ACL cos Robbie savage said it on commentary

The silver lining of his injury is probably United going back to Bayern for De Ligt, and not starting the season with an 18 year old CB carrying all the pressure to be an ever present in the back four.

Rest well Yoro!