Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

Strange that there's still no update. I'm sure they already know within the club. Not sure why they're delaying revealing it.

Maybe they are trying to negotiate another CB signing. If it’s a long term injury it could hurt their negotiating power with the other party.

Maybe they are trying to negotiate another CB signing. If it’s a long term injury it could hurt their negotiating power with the other party.
Exactly what I was going to say. If it’s negative news it serves no purpose to release that to the public when they are trying to sign another CB

Left leg wrapped, with a protective boot and crutches. Hopefully not as ominous as it seems, but he’s likely facing a decent spell out.

oh ffs....can we not make it thru a match or training sessions without someone getting injured

What is it with this club and injuries? It's just unreal
It’s how we roll these days. Every injury seems to be the old Gary Neville (I think it was) endless 2 weeks out running joke. When I see an injured player return I’m like “oh that’s nice”.

Just because he's in a boot and crutches doesn't mean it's a long spell on the sidelines.

He could be out a few weeks, a month, until the start of the season.

Hes also very young and will heal faster, but we will wait and see obviously it doesn't look good.

CAM boot and made non weight bearing doesn’t necessarily mean a nasty injury, assuming no fractures or midfoot ligamentous injuries. I couldn’t find the clip of the injury but read multiple sources describing it as an inversion injury. Usually with sprains a cast/boot is placed for 5-14 days depending on pain levels and examination and then are started on physical therapy regimens for about 4-6 weeks. Now if the clubs opt to do an MRI early (in practice usually it is not done early) there may be reports that he has a ligamentous tear/injury which is expected with almost all sprain ankles.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue
This is purely on TenHag, he was not feeling right in training a day before so why did he start on next day in a meaningless friendly ?

I'm glad it's not a muscle injury, ankle once properly healed almost never reoccurs, so for me that's a positive.

We’ve never been the same since Fergie left the Black Eyes Peas. :(

How fecking unlucky can we be?

This is purely on TenHag, he was not feeling right in training a day before so why did he start on next day in a meaningless friendly ?
This is bullshit. He rolled his ankle. Can happen to anyone can, regardless of fitness.

So how will this play out? Have a poor start to the season, rush him back and he's out until Xmas

So unlucky. I hope it's nothing serious and please don't play him anymore for these meaningless friendlies

Does Ten Hag any presser coming up soon since he seemed to avoid the one last night sending out Amad instead?

If not. Throw a subpoena at him to testify to congress since they are in the states. I demand answers.

This is less on ten Hag and more on the club, these stupid jaunts every year to far off parts of the world are obviously going to be hell on the players overall health. It makes all the crying about mid season World Cup's etc. seem extra hollow when as a club you won't even pivot and do everything you can to prevent long term fatigue on the players.

I get that it is a delicate balancing act between the clubs commercial ventures and the need for a steady pre-season, but one of the interesting things to note with the new footballing structure will be what plans they have for our preparations next year. No serious club can suffer through the awful pre-season experience we had last year then volunteer itself for near enough the same thing again the following year, it is just brainless.

I don’t even know what to say at this point. We cannot catch a break.

This is less on ten Hag and more on the club, these stupid jaunts every year to far off parts of the world are obviously going to be hell on the players overall health. It makes all the crying about mid season World Cup's etc. seem extra hollow when as a club you won't even pivot and do everything you can to prevent long term fatigue on the players.

I get that it is a delicate balancing act between the clubs commercial ventures and the need for a steady pre-season, but one of the interesting things to note with the new footballing structure will be what plans they have for our preparations next year. No serious club can suffer through the awful pre-season experience we had last year then volunteer itself for near enough the same thing again the following year, it is just brainless.
As much as I think these tours ought be stopped, I don't see why it being in America increased the chance of an injury.

Yoro needed game time to become match fit for the upcoming season. He was trained and played sparingly, in low risk environments. It really is just rotten luck.

Fortunately, unlike most of last season, there is available cover and I hope it is utilised correctly.

This is bullshit. He rolled his ankle. Can happen to anyone can, regardless of fitness.

It hardly happens so often at other clubs. We always have some excuse by the looks of it.

I don't think clubs can moan about playing too many games a season when they are dragging players around the world for pointless preseason games for the sake of selling a few shirts

Gutting for him and you. Bought in a position where you've been struggling with injury and then instantly gets injured. Brutal.

It hardly happens so often at other clubs. We always have some excuse by the looks of it.
An excuse to prevent players ankles being rolled?

I rolled my ankle a few months ago and I couldn’t play football for about 2-3 months, it was a freak accident where I went for a tackle, nothing could have been done to prevent it.

You have to laugh at Ten Hag sending Amad out alone for yesterday's press conference. It's like a kid who's avoiding his dad because he broke something in the house. He just didn't fancy answering the question. :lol: