Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

They actually happened at a lot of clubs last season. Newcastle and Spurs in particular were right up there with us in terms of injuries. They've overhauled the medical team to try and make sure it's not so severe, but a lot of that was just players not really having any proper let up since the COVID season

Just because they happened at Newcastle and Spurs it doesn't make it any better. We are leading in injuries in almost every season for the past 10-15 years, it's quite obvious there is something wrong at the club regarding preventing, rehabilitation, healing, or training. You take your pick.

Just because they happened at Newcastle and Spurs it doesn't make it any better. We are leading in injuries in almost every season for the past 10-15 years, it's quite obvious there is something wrong at the club regarding preventing, rehabilitation, healing, or training. You take your pick.
Which might be why INEOS have refreshed most of the medical team

It's interesting though that despite our horrific injury record in recent history, we have players like Bruno who have a great injury record (*touches wood*). I'd have thought it's more likely that the issue is recruiting crocks rather than creating them, and Yoro is just an unfortunate outlier (hopefully).

I‘m blaming the pitch for the injuries to Yoro and Højlund. It looked really weird even on tv, the players moved on it like it was dry and had a lot of friction.

We should not agree to play matches on astroturf or bad temporary grass. Too dangerous.

Neil Custis saying it’s a metatarsal injury and he’ll miss the first three games of the season.

Not weight bearing at all either which is slightly ominous.

Not really, what's the point of a protective boot if he's walking around?
I‘m blaming the pitch for the injuries to Yoro and Højlund. It looked really weird even on tv, the players moved on it like it was dry and had a lot of friction.

We should not agree to play matches on astroturf or bad temporary grass. Too dangerous.

It's all about the bemjamins.

We all learned about that metatarsal injury in 2002.. and in 2004 and 2006.

We love a good metatarsal injury

I get nightmares whenever “metatarsal injury” gets mentioned after what it did to Rooney.
He was never ever the same. Somehow Rooney seemed to lose his hunger after that. Although I suspect bringing Rooney back early for the Bayern UCL game also did him no good. Rooney 9/10 season was my favourite player as a young kid. He suddenly became an aerial monster that season, despite being 5'9. Absolutely sublime, before that injury ofcourse.

So why is he having to attend training sessions at UCLA if his injury is that bad? I would think he would have flown back to Manchester if he’s not going to be playing anymore for the tour.

So why is he having to attend training sessions at UCLA if his injury is that bad? I would think he would have flown back to Manchester if he’s not going to be playing anymore for the tour.
Staying helps him integrate with the squad and is good for his emotional health.

I get nightmares whenever “metatarsal injury” gets mentioned after what it did to Rooney.
I instantly think of Beckham and then Neville. Would've got through against Leverkusen had Beckham been fit. He was having his best individual season since 98/99.

I really hope this doesn’t result in us keeping hold of Lindelof. I’d rather play Casemiro at CB

Staying helps him integrate with the squad and is good for his emotional health.
Seems kind of mean to make him watch others train in the thing he loves most but can’t do right now cause he’s injured.

I would assume to integrate him with the other players. I am sure that there are plenty of good medical clinics and resources they can call upon in America while they are there

Seems kind of mean to make him watch others train in the thing he loves most but can’t do right now cause he’s injured.
Injuries are often demoralizing so being around the team and forming stronger bonds with everyone is much better for him than sitting alone in Manchester.

Our injured players generally take the longer side of stretch, therefore I'm thinking 6 weeks to get back to training then another 2-3 weeks to get up to speed, so prob Oct before he's playing!

This is where people often ignoring cup games (or goals) without specifying they mean just 'league' games / goals can get confusing.

By 'first three games', does that include the City game in the Community Shield - and so could be back for Liverpool? Or, as I suspect, does it really mean first 4 games - and meaning first 3 league games - and likely only to be back after the international break?

Either way, it's an acceptable enough result given it could have been much worse (and, given our luck, might still turn out to be!)

Last edited:
3 games isnt too bad. I assume thats Community Shield and 2 league games?

Back by start of September hopefully

Yeah, that's what I imagine. These tours can be useful for helping the group bond, especially new signings.

That said as Zirkzee, and any other subsequent new addition, won't be there to have that opportunity, it's hopefully not too important!

3 games isnt too bad. I assume thats Community Shield and 2 league games?

Back by start of September hopefully

Is the broken metatarsal news confirmed anywhere? I see it mentioned in this thread but couldn’t find a link.

So out for a month if it’s to be believed. That’s pretty good news considering the doommongering.

Just go get De Ligt now. I don’t think we’d have been starting Yoro in those opening games anyway and we’d have been easing him into it considering his age and never played in the PL before. I can see it being Martinez and De Ligt/other new CB as the starting pair at the back for the first game of the season.

This is where people often ignoring cup games (or goals) without specifying they mean just 'league' games / goals can get confusing.

By 'first three games', does that include the City game in the Community Shield - and so could be back for Liverpool? Or, as I suspect, does it really mean first 4 games - and meaning first 3 league games - and likely only to be back after the international break?

Either way, it's an acceptable enough result given it could have been much worse (and, given our luck, might still turn out to be!)

I've seen comments on Twitter saying he'll return after the first international break for the Southampton game.

I've seen comments on Twitter saying he'll return after the first international break for the Southampton game.
Thanks. I imagined it meant that. Partly because so many only refer to league games and act like the cup games don't count - but also, timing wise, it seemed likely that the prediction was including the 2 week international break and saying he'll be fit after that.

He should ask Licha for some tips about managing a metatarsal injury. They would make a good partnership in the treatment room.