Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

Where are you getting this from? Only reports I have seen so far is that Ten Hag said "we will have to wait and see".

Are you new here? United fans' favourite pastime activity is doom mongering.

So ETH fears it is a long term injury.

Going to be depressing to see Casemiro line out CB at the start of the season.

Stop making things up. Ten Hag never gives anything anyway where injuries are concerned, journalists are just guessing for clicks.

Never should have been looking at an 18 year old as the nailed-on starter for this season anyway. Should be a kid that we develop at the proper pace.

We should still be eyeing de Ligt as the signing we need to get done with an eye on him being the starting CB.

Nothing more than a few accounts on Twitter, with no credibility or sourcing, saying he’s out long term.

The only verifiable thing we’ve heard is ETH saying we’ll know more in 24 hours.

While that sucks, Id be more worried about Hojlund. He is way more important as a starter than Yoro is at this point in time.

Recovering from a hamstring injury may take days, weeks or months, depending on how severe it is. Let's pray it will be in the days category for recovery.

Nothing more than a few accounts on Twitter, with no credibility or sourcing, saying he’s out long term.

The only verifiable thing we’ve heard is ETH saying we’ll know more in 24 hours.
Really hope not. Even the idea of it is making me feel a bit sick.

Never should have been looking at an 18 year old as the nailed-on starter for this season anyway. Should be a kid that we develop at the proper pace.

We should still be eyeing de Ligt as the signing we need to get done with an eye on him being the starting CB.

I’m guessing he wouldn’t have signed if he’d been told that would be his role.

Laughable.

He was in the team of the year across the French league last season with 30 starts. He would not have agreed to sign to sit on the bench and we wouldn't have approached him in the manner we did if we expected him to.

Ten Hag on Leny Yoro and Rasmus Højlund injured: “We have to wait over 24 hours and then we know hopefully more”.

“We were careful especially with Leny, he did only 50% from the sessions…”.

“Let’s be positive and see what is the outcome”, says via

Going by this, why did he start? Seems to have been an injury waiting to happen.

Some rumors saying a hairline fracture in his foot or ankle? Hopefully nonsense.

Ten Hag on Leny Yoro and Rasmus Højlund injured: “We have to wait over 24 hours and then we know hopefully more”.

Going by this, why did he start? Seems to have been an injury waiting to happen.
It was a freak injury right? Not because of less training or something.

Hopefully this means we'll have to bring De Ligt in now which is one positive i guess...

Get De Ligt in. Especially important if Yoro is going to need a few weeks/months out, we can't risk needing to rush him back again, it could genuinely affect his career.

Laughable.

He was in the team of the year across the French league last season with 30 starts. He would not have agreed to sign to sit on the bench and we wouldn't have approached him in the manner we did if we expected him to.

The French league is not the Premier League; there be a period of adjustment in terms of both the quality and the physicality.

Players like Mainoo are anomalous and expecting an 18 year old to walk right into a squad competing for a top position in the toughest league in the world is a hell of an ask.

We are clearly trying to build a team for the future with players like Hojlund, Garnacho, Amad, Mainoo, and Yoro and the last thing I want to see is this kid thrown to the wolves straight away just because this club doesn't know how to conduct proper transfer business.

He'd have started to improve his match fitness for the new season. You'll notice the high level of substitutes involved on both sides last night.

Attempting to blame anyone is quite petty and shit-stirring where it is not needed.

Hairline fracture is in some instances preferable to a soft tissue injury, depending on severity, and location.
Oh yeah it's no issue in terms of recovery but just would suck to have for his start. Don't want him to pick up ligament injuries and develop into an injury prone player. Just need to be smart in how we develop him.

Laughable.

What part of that is laughable. He’s 18 coming to a new country and new league which is considerably tougher than the one he played in. They’re not suggesting he won’t start or play just not a nailed on starter, isn’t laughable at all it’s common sense.

He'd have started to improve his match fitness for the new season. You'll notice the high level of substitutes involved on both sides last night.

Attempting to blame anyone is quite petty and shit-stirring where it is not needed.

Although, Arsenal are more intentional about their minutes and building momentum for the start of the new season. We did a half/half thing, whereas, Arsenal allowed their stronger players to get 60-70 minutes. They'll be well in tune for match day 1.

The French league is not the Premier League; there be a period of adjustment in terms of both the quality and the physicality.

Players like Mainoo are anomalous and expecting an 18 year old to walk right into a squad competing for a top position in the toughest league in the world is a hell of an ask.

We are clearly trying to build a team for the future with players like Hojlund, Garnacho, Amad, Mainoo, and Yoro and the last thing I want to see is this kid thrown to the wolves straight away just because this club doesn't know how to conduct proper transfer business.

I would argue that players like Yoro, who was in the Ligue 1 Team of the Season and drew significant interest from Real Madrid, Liverpool and PSG, are similarly anomalous. So while we might expect some hiccups early on, it's also not outrageous to expect that he'd be a starter with all of our players fit.

I'm not saying we shouldn't sign another CB to improve competition and depth, because I agree on that front. But I think Yoro is enough of a talent that he would be expected to fight for and probably win one of those starting spots.

Ten Hag and the medical department knew he wasn't training right and risked him anyway, clowns.

‘My heart sank when ETH said we’ll know more in 24 hours. Usually means it’s a nasty injury.

Hopefully it’s only 2-3 weeks rather than 2-3 months.

‘My heart sank when ETH said we’ll know more in 24 hours. Usually means it’s a nasty injury.

Hopefully it’s only 2-3 weeks rather than 2-3 months.
He says that for every injury, not just nasty ones.