Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell Yeah!

We can call this one back for Varane in 2011ish. Seem to recall we tried to sign Benzema from Lyon too.

Now let's get Barcelona back for stealing Ronaldinho in 2005. Who are they after this summer?!
Nico Williams. Please please please by all that is good take him before they do. We'll even let you keep Yoro in 5 years if you do

His contract is up in 2025, Real offered around £20m given that. He's only 18 and there's no guarentee he'll adapt to English football.

Anything over 30 overpaying imo. £50m for an unproven 18 yo is crazy. No wonder Lille push him to go.
Said a fan of a club that signed Mudryk for £88.5m and gave him 8.5 years contract.

His contract is up in 2025, Real offered around £20m given that. He's only 18 and there's no guarentee he'll adapt to English football.

Anything over 30 overpaying imo. £50m for an unproven 18 yo is crazy. No wonder Lille push him to go.
Is this satire? :nervous::nervous:

Nico Williams. Please please please by all that is good take him before they do. We'll even let you keep Yoro in 5 years if you do
We already have Ethan Williams on the wing, getting another might make things too confusing. Best leave that one to Barcelona.

We already have Ethan Williams on the wing, getting another might make things too confusing. Best leave that one to Barcelona.
That'll only help Nico settle, since he plays with another Williams for Bilbao every week.

Yes, and that translates exactly to what Marca are saying, right?

I mean, if you think a club would rather not play one of their best talents for a year, think of the implications this would have on their results, and not take the money Real offered them then and there, just to lose him a year later for free - out of spite - then I've got a few things I want to sell you.

Also, the likelihood of a young player committing his development and short-to-mid term career to a club he doesn't want to move to because he's being threatened to sign for them. I mean, I'm sure there are footballer's unions in France
It's probably what I would have done.

The Spanish media salt is delicious. What a signing. Announce.

Ethan is not ready for first team action. Nico Williams could replace Rashford, and is way better than Olise.

Salty.

Given how much Mbappé is costing it's possible we didn't have the money. More likely we're also just not in the market for an expensive CB. We need cover, not a star-in-the-making. If Yoro turns out to be the new Baresi, there will be time to sign him later on. Right now we need to replace Nacho. I'm more surprised that we sold Rafa Marin tbh
Seems so. Real doesn't really need him at the moment. Doubt they would pay higher with the high value transfers recently. As you say, Real could potentially come for him 3 years later if he turns out as well as he is rated.

Said a fan of a club that signed Mudryk for £88.5m and gave him 8.5 years contract.

We've done some of the most ridiculous transfer business in the history of football in the last two years, yes I agree with that...

I still don't see why Utd would offer more than about £25-30m at the absolute max here, it's a punt on potential and you can get him free in July 2025... Maybe it's $50m or lots of add ons but a lower base fee, because that would make more sense. No way of knowing from him playing in Ligue 1 and only 18 if he's going to work out or not. If it's £50m / €59m would be in the top 20 transfer values in Ligue 1 history and the most expensive Defender (Benjamin Mendy currently has that accolade :lol:):

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ligue-1/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/FR1

I doubt it was as sinister as they're making out, but I'm sure Lille did imply they would look to develop someone else if he's going to turn down United to leave on a free next year. I'm sure Yoro probably understood that too.

I heard Lille took his parents hostage and threatened to kill his dog unless he signed for United.

We've done some of the most ridiculous transfer business in the history of football in the last two years, yes I agree with that...

I still don't see why Utd would offer more than about £25-30m at the absolute max here, it's a punt on potential and you can get him free in July 2025... Maybe it's $50m or lots of add ons but a lower base fee, because that would make more sense. No way of knowing from him playing in Ligue 1 and only 18 if he's going to work out or not. If it's £50m / €59m would be in the top 20 transfer values in Ligue 1 history and the most expensive Defender (Benjamin Mendy currently has that accolade :lol:):

We can’t get him for free in July 25, that’s why we have had to invest. We clearly think he will be/is a quality defender. Time will tell it it’s a good deal.

That's the thing. We can't get him for free in a year, because then he'd go to Real Madrid. He is a massive talent and Ligue 1 players often succeed in Premier League.

Talking about us getting for free next year is so disingenuous and daft. We all know that wouldn't happen, he'd be off to Real. It's pointless to bring up.

Yes we are overpaying, yes no matter the potential, it is a gamble, but its a gamble worth taking, and a much more educated gamble than others we and other clubs have made for big money over the last few years.

I hope as a bonus for this move that Real sign Saliba next year or year after.

Because he/agent would dig heels in and tell Lille there’s not much in it.

We had to make our bid NOTICEABLY more than Madrid’s for Lille to say “no way we’re accepting Madrids offer, sorry”.

There’s a small element of risk in there given age but (1) it’s calculated which is fine” and (2) clubs don’t pay these fees and end up paying ridiculous fees later in their career and fans say “why didn’t we buy them earlier?”

Maguire, Antony were silly fees.. Yoro isn’t, there’s a clear rationale behind it.

Fair play, good from United to do these types of deals instead of going for the 30+ players with long contracts. That was just bizarre.

Will he end up playing next to Martinez? Or you guys still signing another CB?

Pretty embarrassing you’re scared of Barcelona, or the Basque Rashford.
They have a pensioner version of Weghorst up top, you have Mbappe and Vini Jr.
If Real Madrid don’t dominate Spanish football for the remainder of the decade with Mbappe, Bellingham, Valverde, Rodrygo, Vini Jr, Guler and Camavinga, may as well shut shop down.

Sad.

If Real Madrid don’t dominate Spanish football for the remainder of the decade with Mbappe, Bellingham, Valverde, Rodrygo, Vini Jr Guler and Camavinga, may as well shut shop down.

Sad.
They shoot tourists!

The claims he was forced to join us are deeply concerning, we really dont need another player on the books who doesnt want to be here.

Hearing rumours Lille told Yoro they’d bring him for a walk in the mountains like they did Jay if he didn’t go to United. No idea what that refers to but it sounds wholesome.

If Real Madrid don’t dominate Spanish football for the remainder of the decade with Mbappe, Bellingham, Valverde, Rodrygo, Vini Jr, Guler and Camavinga, may as well shut shop down.

Sad.

Add in Endrick and Franco Mastantuono.

They'll try to turn Mainoo's head in a couple of years. Watch.

Tbe claims he was forced to join us are deeply concerning, we really dont need another player on the books who doesnt want to be here.

Those claims are undoubtedly rubbish. He's an 18 year old who's going to make 7.5m a year and surrounded by plenty of advisors, not child labor employed in a Myanmar factory.

Sad.

Even in the pomp of Real's three-peat CL and subsequent seasons they didn't dominate Spanish football domestically, so I'm not certain why it's such a given? Did Barca not win it four times between 15/16 and now? The same as Real.

Recent history should caution that Real winning the title is never a sure thing.

Sad.
Who are you again? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.