Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those claims are undoubtedly rubbish. He's an 18 year old who's going to make 7.5m a year and surrounded by plenty of advisors, not child labor employed in a Myanmar factory.

Well Talksport are reporting that Lille forced hin to accept our offer by telling him he wouldnt play a single minute next season and would be frozen out, a player only joining us because his current club are forcing him to is not a good thing.

The claims he was forced to join us are deeply concerning, we really dont need another player on the books who doesnt want to be here.
Not to mention his salary will be 750k per week. That's even more concerning.

Well Talksport are repirting that Lille forced hin to accept our offer by telling him he wouldnt play a single minute next season and would be frozen out, a player only joining us because his current club are forcing him to is not a good thing.
:lol:

Well Talksport are repirting that Lille forced hin to accept our offer by telling him he wouldnt play a single minute next season and would be frozen out, a player only joining us because his current club are forcing him to is not a good thing.
TalkSport should've been your first red flag. The second one should be that their source is Marca, the Madrid propaganda mouthpiece.

Anyone else concerned Yoro won't concentrate much on the pitch because he'll be constantly looking for the stadium exit? :nervous: :nervous:

Couldn't watch much reporting on this as the hatred for us is unreal. You'd think he was being sent to us in shackles and chains going by the attitude of some journos. They're all scum anyway.

Some of you are a bunch of babies. Hes signing, end off. Enjoy the moment. Not every thing has to be an argument point. No wonder some of the better, saner posters have decided to take a step back from summer posting

We've done some of the most ridiculous transfer business in the history of football in the last two years, yes I agree with that...

I still don't see why Utd would offer more than about £25-30m at the absolute max here, it's a punt on potential and you can get him free in July 2025... Maybe it's $50m or lots of add ons but a lower base fee, because that would make more sense. No way of knowing from him playing in Ligue 1 and only 18 if he's going to work out or not. If it's £50m / €59m would be in the top 20 transfer values in Ligue 1 history and the most expensive Defender (Benjamin Mendy currently has that accolade :lol:):

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ligue-1/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/FR1
2008 called they want you back…

Here's a photo of Omar Berrada in negotiations with Yoro

hqdefault.jpg

What if we want to talk about former Barcelona ace Martin Braithwaite who is now playing for the prestigious Panetolikos?
:lol: In that case Braithwaite should auto correct to ‘Nothing dodgy about this transfer, honest!!’
Also (just cos I’m apparently a pedantic ass today) you spelt Panathinaikos wrong. ;)

Yes I know. White text. Oh…….

With this much money on the line it seems very believable to me that Lille would suggest that were he to stay and not sign an extension they would be forced to limit his playing time in order to prepare for life after him. Which is a threat and in effect a punishment.

Maybe he didn't want to do Lille dirty like that.

Maybe but the point is that he wasn't desperate to join a particular club.He may have initially preferred Real Madrid based on what they initial offered but if he only wanted to sign for Real Madrid and Lille were imposing something else, then he would not have sign for anyone else, at that point loyalty is gone. Rennes tried to do this to Camavinga and they miserably failed, initially the idea for Camavinga was to make sure that Rennes get something but it ended with him refusing to extend and either be sold for cheap to Real Madrid or join them for free.

To me it seems more logical from everything that's being reported that he was always waiting on Madrid, but once Utd bid the amount they did and it became apparent that Madrid were not going to match it or come close to it, he had a decision to make whether to stay and leave for free or join you guys. Usually players in those type of situations don't stay at the club they were at and make the move.

Well luckily he didn’t wait too long. I’ve seen players wait the entire window rejecting everything and anything.

You know what, if this true (which I doubt), then good for Lille. Too often these days clubs are screwed over by player power. If he wants to screw them over by waiting for a year and the club getting nothing, they are quite within their rights to put him in reserves.

You know what, if this true (which I doubt), then good for Lille. Too often these days clubs are screwed over by player power. If he wants to screw them over by waiting for a year and the club getting nothing, they are quite within their rights to put him in reserves.
They're not and it basically never happens

Status
Not open for further replies.