Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this much money on the line it seems very believable to me that Lille would suggest that were he to stay and not sign an extension they would be forced to limit his playing time in order to prepare for life after him. Which is a threat and in effect a punishment.
It makes sense though. I think it is reasonable to give the choice of signing an extension with improved terms or make a move for a decent fee. You can even include a buyout clause.

It is ok to ask a young player to commit either to moving or signing an extension.

I don’t believe Yoro was forced to leave. It is a good move for his career; Madrid would have been to soon. At MU, he gets playtime and will be developed like our academy prospects.

Sending a player on a first team contract to the reserves for a prolonged period without a disciplinary issue or poor performances is fairly rare for a good reason.
But is doing that illegal or not? If it was then there wouldn’t have been such threats which we see commonly during transfer windows

But is doing that illegal or not? If it was then there wouldn’t have been such threats which we see commonly during transfer windows
Not an expert, I don't know. People talked about breach of contract in this context in the past, but might be nonsense.

Either way, it would make Lille really unattractive for young talent in the future

I can’t see how it would be illegal. They’re still paying his wages. I doubt there’s anything in his contract stating he can only play in 1st team.

Why, if they’re not getting anything for him? Respect goes both ways. He could respect the investment they made developing him.
Getting rid of one of your best players for petty reasons is a dumb idea. It completely burns the bridges with Yoro and both current and future youth prospects and current first teamers are going to be massively pissed about it and take it into account when their time for renewal/signing comes.
There is a reason why incredibly bad journos talk about it every summer, but it basically never happens.

Di Maria didnt want to go to Real, we signed him from Real
Yes, my point is he was desperate to stay at Real, and was convinced from his club to take the highest offer to a destination he was never considering. Which is essentially the same thing

Getting rid of one of your best players for petty reasons is a dumb idea. It completely burns the bridges with Yoro and both current and future youth prospects and current first teamers are going to be massively pissed about it and take it into account when their time for renewal/signing comes.
There is a reason why incredibly bad journos talk about it every summer, but it basically never happens.
£50m+ is hardly petty.

It’s not the normal situation though. Players would have doubts if they were priced out of future moves (Branthwaite), or prevented from moving on. Lille aren’t doing that, they would be making a statement saying don’t expect us to develop you and then let you go for nothing. Clubs with a model of developing players and selling on for money, shouldn’t be bullied by clubs like Madrid and agents to lose players for free. It wouldn’t be sustainable for these clubs and they’d soon be in financial distress.

Just my opinion.

Watching some clips of him, he has a bit of filling out to do and I think there’s going to be a settling in period. He reminds me a bit of a young Paul McGrath, looks to read the game well and be very athletic.

His contract is up in 2025, Real offered around £20m given that. He's only 18 and there's no guarentee he'll adapt to English football.

Anything over 30 overpaying imo. £50m for an unproven 18 yo is crazy. No wonder Lille push him to go.

Watching some clips of him, he has a bit of filling out to do and I think there’s going to be a settling in period. He reminds me a bit of a young Paul McGrath, looks to read the game well and be very athletic.
Reminds me of a Viv Anderson, even has the same tash.

The moving of the goalposts on Twitter is predictably shite as usual.

"Utd aren't getting him. He's going Madrid, what a player"

Utd sign him

":lol: you paid X amount for an 18 year old"

£50m+ is hardly petty.
They're not getting it in the reserves scenario either. Most likely thing to happen is a short extension with a release clause inserted and if he absolutely didn't want to come to United, I would expect that this would also be the result here.

It’s not the normal situation though. Players would have doubts if they were priced out of future moves (Branthwaite), or prevented from moving on. Lille aren’t doing that, they would be making a statement saying don’t expect us to develop you and then let you go for nothing. Clubs with a model of developing players and selling on for money, shouldn’t be bullied by clubs like Madrid and agents to lose players for free. It wouldn’t be sustainable for these clubs and they’d soon be in financial distress.
Trying to bully Yoro wouldn't improve that situation one bit though. Tapping up players like that is unsustainable and is supposed to be massively illegal. Making a fuss to UEFA/FIFA would be a much better solution for them than burning bridges with their players.

Anyone else concerned Yoro won't concentrate much on the pitch because he'll be constantly looking for the stadium exit? :nervous: :nervous:

That’s the reason they renovated the tunnel. They removed all the doors so that he can’t leave.

Glad Ole is not our coach anymore. Otherwise he would have to split his hair to decide nickname for Leny Yoro.

The furore around this transfer tells you what regard the kid is held in. Madrid, Spain and Merseyside all getting their knickers in a twist.

Whatever happened to a shrug of the shoulders in complete indifference? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.