Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should do that bullshit show that Real do whenever they sign a player. Open up Old Trafford, have the fans pack the place, roll out the carpets and the stage and have Leny do a few kickups, boot a few balls into the crowd and then get on the microphone and drop the mic.

Dan ‘speedy’ Ashworth doing a madness now he’s in from the garden

True, that is a good start, but there is still a lot to get rid off to "balance the books" :)
Rome wasn't built in a day. It's going to take time for the new set up to get rid of all the players they see as deadwood.

Can't all be done in one window unfortunately.

They'd better not be getting that piano out.

Rome wasn't built in a day. It's going to take time for the new set up to get rid of all the players they see as deadwood.

Can't all be done in one window unfortunately.

I wonder if it'll be possible to get to Ten Hag's dream of two players per position without actually playing players out of position in one window. The current issues I see are:

LB: Shaw / ??
LCB: Martinez / Maguire? (no other left footed LCB but Maguire I think will do fine in this role)
RCB: Yoro / ?? (No other aggressive RCBs, Lindelof doesn't count, De Ligt will fix this hole)
RB: Dalot / ?? (AwB on his way out, need an attacking FB)
#8: Mainoo / ??
DM: Casemiro / ?? (Signing Ugarte will fix this)

I honestly think we'll be pretty close depending on sales (if AwB, McT leave) and I'm willing to call it Ralf's open-heart surgery complete.

it’s actually ratcliffe bragging about his director’s dividend payment.

Really excited by this one but let’s just remember how young he is. The Rio comparisons are obvious but Rio was playing on loan at Bournemouth at 18. He may need time to grow!

Makes sense with a fellow French speaker in the squad, Wheatley is a bit more random but they're age mates I guess :lol:

Genuinely excited about this one. He's tall and graceful, like a giraffe. He'll partner well with Licha, our resident warthog.
There’s a Pixar movie in there. Better get it secured before someone else takes the credit!

Jack Black and Eddie Murphy to voice the leads.

Seriously hyped for this transfer. One for the long term, and patience will be needed, but this is how you go about building sustainable success. Adding proven, young players ready to take the next step to stardom (Zirkzee - 23yrs old, Seríe A YPOTY), and “generational” breakthrough talents at the very start of their career (Yoro - 18yrs old).

This is the proper way to run a football club, and a welcome return to the era of United being willing to invest in the best young talents in the world, rather than signing aging stars on massive deals at inflated prices. You can see a long term project beginning to take shape.

"Man United can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of"

You have zero clue what Omar Berrada did or did not. He worked in a team but by al accounts was just a part of a negotiating team. You also have zero clue about the role Real Madrid wanted to use Leny in.

You also thought Mount and Hojlund were brilliant signings when.. everyone and his dog could see Mount and Bruno can't work. As for Hojlund, think you would struggle to find a worse fit if your team has Rashford and Garnacho on the wings. About you bs during Murtough years and that he actually does the all the right things I wouldn't even like to remember. So, you are not also quoted for an absolute shit takes.

Considering your bad reaction and constant need to be recognized as some sort of expert every time you feel down just remember that you have talent spotter as your tag so it is not all in vein. Will be honest, I would rather take Billy Blags judgment on players/talents/playing style then yours. Thanks and have a great day,. Just wanted to tell you there are people who are not buying your pretentious shit.
I'm sorry you feel this way and I'm a little surprised because I don't ever recall having a discussion with you on this forum. Normally the posters who are aggressive towards me are holding grudges from our past exchanges on the forum.

My thoughts on Berrarda and Real Madrid's use of Leny Yoro are from the reliable journos who cover both United and Real Madrid.

At all well run clubs the negotiations are overseen by a member of the board of directors from what I've learned. A football director isn't part of the board, so his job is to oversee the football side of the club and not negotiations. Jose Angel Sanchez (CEO) at Real Madrid oversees their negotiations as a board of director whilst Juni Calafat concentrates on leading the recruitment. Calafat was a youth scout who they promoted into a very senior position on the football side of the club and people like Jose Angel Sanchez (CEO) take charge of negotiations.

At United under the Glazers our fans would've expected Calafat to do things he shouldn't be doing. I will not blame Dan Ashworth if we overpay on players because that's not his remit as a football director and it's the job of the board of directors to oversee that part of the strategy within a allocated budget. Of course everyone will be involved but the buck stops with the CEO when it comes to negotiationing transfers and contracts. I'm not narrow minded to think that a DoF will succeed without him having a strong support structure which comes from the owners. People on here didn't know the difference between a DoF and head of recruitment when I kept telling them it was two different roles. When people become tunnel visioned into believing a DoF does all the scouting, the negotiations and the rest and they aren't willing to learn, that's when confusion occurs because you've then created the role of a DoF in your mind that doesn't exist in reality.

As far as Mount and Hojlund go, I never vouched for any of those signings because I wouldn't put forward players as options on this forum who are playing at rival clubs or a young striker in Hojlund who I had never seen play until he was heavily linked to us via the media. The young striker that I had been talking up early on this forum was Benjamin Sesko where I clearly said that if there was a possibility to sign him and then loan him out, we should. And regarding how Mount and Bruno fit into the team, I provided potential solutions to how that can happen because Bruno centrally wasn't the answer due to the high risk nature of his game in comparison to Mount who covered ground quicker, had the ability to connect and combine with team mates and was a more stable positionally disciplined player for the system and shape. But unfortunately he was injured for most of the season, so we hardly saw him settle into his new surroundings.

I also couldn't care less if you want to take the football opinions of others over mine. But if you want to discuss any subject on the club I'm ready to do that in a relevant thread where I will provide evidence for my claims. Whether it's talking directly about the game tactically or whether we talk about the game from how a football structure operates, I'm more than ready to discuss all of these subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.