Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a casual follower of this thread why the feck does the price tag keep changing. Does anyone know what we actually paid (assume it's not 22 million)

My favourite part of the above article:

"As well as being assured on the ball, man mountain Branthwaite is not only an incredible physical specimen who looks like he could overhead press the willowy Yoro..."

Has to be satire. HAS to be.
ffs :lol:

It's good to know that scouse football fans veering into borderline homoeroticism when discussing their own players isn't restricted to the red lot. Maybe we should stick in another lowball bid so we can read about how Yoro's supple young body will be powerless to resist Branthwaite's herculean muscles, glistening in the Bramley-Moore floodlights.

ffs :lol:

It's good to know that scouse football fans veering into borderline homoeroticism when discussing their own players isn't restricted to the red lot. Maybe we should stick in another lowball bid so we can read about how Yoro's supple young body will be powerless to resist Branthwaite's herculean muscles, glistening in the Bramley-Moore floodlights.
:lol:

My favourite part of the above article:

"As well as being assured on the ball, man mountain Branthwaite is not only an incredible physical specimen who looks like he could overhead press the willowy Yoro..."

Has to be satire. HAS to be.
I’ve never seen a club so angry that their best player wasn’t signed. It’s beyond baffling

Braithwaite should be auto corrected to “incredible physical specimen” in my opinion

I’ve never seen a club so angry that their best player wasn’t signed. It’s beyond baffling

Maybe they anticipated the money influx and their plans are now more complicated?

Precisely what I was thinking. By the time its 5 years, Madrid would have a logjam at CB and it would be impractical to keep spunking money. This was the opportunity for Yoro to go to Madrid if he wanted. We won't let him off easy in 5 years. I anticipate we will try to lock him up by year 3 if he turns out to be as good or better than advertised.
I dont think Madrid are going to splash big money on a centre back anyway, but if they do then they’ll have other options instead of Yoro who will then be demanding a minimum of 250k/week if he is that good and they’re desperate for him.

"Hi, we would like to sign a reasonably talented player from you"
"Oh it's you, United? That will be one bagillion pounds"
"No."
"Wait, what?! You can't do this!"

I've not been following much but didn't we offer more money to him? Did Real ever have an offer accepted?

He didn't have to move, it was the last year of his contract, if he only wants Real Madrid then it's extremely easy to achieve that outcome.

Guy writes absurd article on the Internet to get attention and clicks. Guy gets attention and clicks. The people providing attention and clicks, and therefore the paycheck, try to figure out why someone would write such a thing. Could it be money? No, it must be something about Everton fans.

I really worry when people can't see that this isn't serious.

Guy writes absurd article on the Internet to get attention and clicks. Guy gets attention and clicks. The people providing attention and clicks, and therefore the paycheck, try to figure out why someone would write such a thing. Could it be money? No, it must be something about Everton fans.

I really worry when people can't see that this isn't serious.

Not that sophisticated. Scousers are just crazy.

I can only assume with the fee being removed from the title that we are now signing him on a free transfer.

its almost like they knew that he was ridiculously overpriced and that if we signed him on those terms then it would have been daylight robbery

Maybe they did but they only offered €20m. I think they just thought he would be so desperate to come that they would either get him on a cheap this summer or on a free next summer.
It also means, and I am speculating here, Leny saw Real trying to screw his boyhood club and chose his club's welfare over personal preference.

Maybe they did but they only offered €20m. I think they just thought he would be so desperate to come that they would either get him on a cheap this summer or on a free next summer.

I think it's likely that Madrid are simply skint for now. They've spent €180m for Mbappe and Endrick already this summer.

Money, probably.

And he's much more likely to be a starter here from the off than at Real, who have much better CBs.

Nar, more likely it’s the fact that Real weren’t prepared to match an extremely fair fee for him.
Hard to feel wanted when one club is all in, and the other wants you to feck over your parent club so they can get you on the cheap, possibly even having to wait a full year. A year is a long time, an injury, poor form, another top prospect turning up etc could hamper those plans.

Ultimately it looked like he had two choices, go to one of the top clubs in the World who desperately wants you right now and is fully prepared to compensate your parent club and get the deal done now.
Or… turn down one of the top clubs in the World and wait out for Madrid to see if your parent club ultimately break near the end of the window and sell you on the cheap, thus also risking no deal materialising this Summer.

Appears it ended up a no brainer.

His contract is up in 2025, Real offered around £20m given that. He's only 18 and there's no guarentee he'll adapt to English football.

Anything over 30 overpaying imo. £50m for an unproven 18 yo is crazy. No wonder Lille push him to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.