Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think you see everything you see Everton fans and media being mad we didnt buy Branthwaite and instead are buying Yoro.

Is his first name pronounced like Lenny or is it pronounced with a nasal vowel?

I find it amusing that @JPRouve said this:
I don't really have much to say, it's similar to cases like Badiashile, Fofana or Saliba. He looks good, he is far better than your average 18-19 years old defender but the safest context to judge a player is the Champions League. As for his style @Adnan described him perfectly, a complete defender with above average athleticism.
but then the Pythagoras in Boots channel indicates he:

reliant on athleticism, if gets a major injury, the rest of his game isn't refined enough to guarantee UCL class.

who's right? :lol:

I find it amusing that @JPRouve said this:

but then the Pythagoras in Boots channel indicates he:

who's right? :lol:

Thing is he’s 19 years old. He has a lot to learn still, needs game time to iron out a lot of his game (1 v 1, heading, progressive passes, decision making as to when to run with ball, long passing). Even if his foundations are good, which they are… a huge injury to him right now would massively hamper his development as his overall game isn’t refined enough at this moment in time to be a sub par physical defender and still be champions league class IMO.

Can he become a complete defender long term who eventually can do it after the legs have gone - yes but right now he is dependent on that athleticism right now and I’d say that goes for majority of young CBs.

Also worth noting that Varane and Rio were half the defenders after their physical side disappeared and those two were considered astute readers of the game.

noun
noun: cope; plural noun: copes
a long, loose cloak worn by a priest or bishop on ceremonial occasions.
TECHNICAL•LITERARY
a thing resembling or likened to a cloak.
"the outer shell of clay is called the cope"

Can we stop this Twitter / Reddit shit or whatever it is?
Haven't come across the term myself but surely you're overreacting here?
New slangs emerge all the time, and it's anyone's prerogative to use as they see fit as long as they're not being offensive.

Luckhurst getting community noted on this post, the complete helmet. You love to see it.
MEUQK3Z_o.png

Not surprising by Locust really :lol:

Excellent news, these are the players United must sign to get back where we belong

So hopefully we’ve got a good installment plan on the transfer fee, similar like with Zirkzee so the effects on PSR are significantly reduced by the payment spread.

With Mason, Donny and Wily leaving we still need to generate more sales though in order to do more business.

Haven't come across the term myself but surely you're overreacting here?
New slangs emerge all the time, and it's anyone's prerogative to use as they see fit as long as they're not being offensive.

And it's anyone's prerogative to tell them they sound like a youtuber when they say it.

Thing is he’s 19 years old. He has a lot to learn still, needs game time to iron out a lot of his game (1 v 1, heading, progressive passes, decision making as to when to run with ball, long passing). Even if his foundations are good, which they are… a huge injury to him right now would massively hamper his development as his overall game isn’t refined enough at this moment in time to be a sub par physical defender and still be champions league class IMO.

Can he become a complete defender long term who eventually can do it after the legs have gone - yes but right now he is dependent on that athleticism right now and I’d say that goes for majority of young CBs.

Also worth noting that Varane and Rio were half the defenders after their physical side disappeared and those two were considered astute readers of the game.
Still, he made the team of the year in Ligue 1. That in a league that is known for its physicality.

But sure, he has a lot to learn experience wise and he can still grow both as a player but also as a human being in terms of leadership and football knowledge.

Not surprising by Locust really :lol:
Luckhurst's information does tally with what Ornstein reported this time, to be fair. €62m/£52m rising to €70m/£58m.

Not sure where the figures in the thread title have come from.

Luckhurst's information does tally with what Ornstein reported this time, to be fair. €62m/£52m rising to €70m/£58m.

Not sure where the figures in the thread title have come from.
The way I see it is that Luckhurst can feck off.

It's actually silly isn't it.

Its Madrid, they will have to replace Rudiger and Alaba in the next 2 years, they will find the next two best talents and sign them up.

Hopefully they do us a favor and take Saliba from Arsenal, or one of City's centre backs.
Precisely what I was thinking. By the time its 5 years, Madrid would have a logjam at CB and it would be impractical to keep spunking money. This was the opportunity for Yoro to go to Madrid if he wanted. We won't let him off easy in 5 years. I anticipate we will try to lock him up by year 3 if he turns out to be as good or better than advertised.

Perhaps it's the way it reads in my head but a complete defender with above average athleticism doesn't sound like a player that relies on the athleticism.

The part that you quoted from the video, is @Raees worst case scenario prediction, the best case scenario being Varane 2.0. While I was talking about what he is today as an 18 years old.

The part that you quoted from the video, is @Raees worst case scenario prediction, the best case scenario being Varane 2.0. While I was talking about what he is today as an 18 years old.

I'd assume that prediction is a reflection of them today as an 18 year old too but apologies if I have misinterpreted either. :)

That Echo article has gotta be written as some kinda office in joke, surely? Like someone quipped to him that his previous articles sounded a bit too in to Branthwaite so he decided it would be very funny to write the next one as if he had fallen hopelessly in love with him.

@SilentWitness Do you read the Echo's football stuff much? Has it got a tendency to be a bit fecking weird?

That Echo article has gotta be written as some kinda office in joke, surely? Like someone quipped to him that his previous articles sounded a bit too in to Branthwaite so he decided it would be very funny to write the next one as if he had fallen hopelessly in love with him.

@SilentWitness Do you read the Echo's football stuff much? Has it got a tendency to be a bit fecking weird?

I don't really read it because it's viewed in the same way that Luckhurst and MEN is by all of you, shit stirring and rubbish. I tend to just listen to the various podcasts/fan channels we have and the Athletic (Paddy Boyland), Paul Joyce and Bobble.

My favourite part of the above article:

"As well as being assured on the ball, man mountain Branthwaite is not only an incredible physical specimen who looks like he could overhead press the willowy Yoro..."

Has to be satire. HAS to be.

Perhaps it's the way it reads in my head but a complete defender with above average athleticism doesn't sound like a player that relies on the athleticism.

He also said in his video that he is excellent at reading the game. There's a contradiction there, because if he's excellent at reading the game then he's obviously not reliant upon athleticism.

I don't really read it because it's viewed in the same way that Luckhurst and MEN is by all of you, shit stirring and rubbish. I tend to just listen to the various podcasts/fan channels we have and the Athletic (Paddy Boyland), Paul Joyce and Bobble.
See, I could be persuaded to start reading Luckhurst if he was as much fun as this bloke.

I'd assume that prediction is a reflection of them today as an 18 year old too but apologies if I have misinterpreted either. :)

One of Raees point in the video was whether his development would lean on his technical abilities and attributes that make him a complete prospect or whether it would be coached out of him due to the early mistakes that comes with that kind of style. That's why he describes two potential outcomes, you only quoted the worst one.

Crazy that we would probably be paying 70 or 80m for this transfer a couple years ago. Makes you wonder what the previous team in charge of this stuff were on.
A couple of years ago we would have scouted Yoro and “enquired” before he goes to Madrid and we pay 70M for a 30 YO on a 4+1 year contract

One of Raees point in the video was whether his development would lean on his technical abilities and attributes that make him a complete prospect or whether it would be coached out of him due to the early mistakes that comes with that kind of style. That's why he describes two potential outcomes, you only quoted the worst one.
What’s the reaction to this in France?

Title adjusted. Got to counteract the inflated fees people love to spout.

Status
Not open for further replies.