Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
The saltiness in that article is incredible.

“Rather than risk his development by stepping into the potentially toxic environment of United, Branthwaite’s progression would be better served staying put for another year at least and then after that there’s the lure of the Blues’ magnificent new stadium on the Mersey waterfront over the faded glories of Old Trafford and its leaky roof”

Stay on pal, in a year or 2 you can play in a nice new stadium. Erm still for a team that have won 1 trophy in living memory of anyone under about 45, but erm...still

Has anyone actually watched him play? What type of defender is he? Does he possess the pace we need next to Martinez? I haven't been very impressed from the YT videos I've watched.

Come on son, that's not how forums work. No-one has actually ever seen him play or has any clue what his strengths are.

I forget that Garnacho was still a teenager last season. It’s mad how critical many of us (including myself) were of him at times last season.

Guy looks 18 and 47 at the same time, so he's learning his trade whilst looking vastly experience - both mastering the ability to learn from the experienced players but also teaching a lot of the players

now that's world class i reckon

As well as being assured on the ball, man mountain Branthwaite is not only an incredible physical specimen who looks like he could overhead press the willowy Yoro, he’s had the Premier League’s biggest and baddest strikers regularly bouncing off him.

Incredible. Surprised he managed to type this out with Branthwaite's member hanging out the back of him.

Incredible. Surprised he managed to type this out with Branthwaite's member hanging out the back of him.

he’s two steps ahead of the game and put it in his mouth whilst he was typing.

Certified Dipper Boy? Certified RAWKophiles
Wop, wop, wop, wop, wop, Jim, feck 'em up
Wop, wop, wop, wop, wop, Scousers in the mud
Why you meltdown like a bitch? Ain't you tired?
Boom and Bust, you a Benefit Signerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

They not like us, they not like us, they not like us
They not like us, they not like us, they not like us

axw9qrB.png

:lol:

Played more minutes than Garnacho last season

Worth noting that (as per The Athletic at least) one of the issues that arose in Wilcox's conversations with ETH was that young players like Garnacho and Mainoo were being overplayed.

If we accept that's the case and there will be a desire to ease the burden on them somewhat this season, I would similarly expect someone like Yoro to rotate in and out of the team at his age.

What’s his progressive passes like? Can he break the lines?

wow did not expect a here we go so soon…
Well done.
INEOS slowly bringing back the feel good factor to the club.

Especially after he was bouncing off Haaland like a schoolboy then little ol' Licha handled Haaland's physicality perfectly fine some weeks later.

Great signing but we need to get another centre-back in, we are one injury away from having Evans or Lindelof back starting for us and that shouldn't be an option.

If we Yoro and De Ligt in we have done some serious business

70m feels like a lot for a player in the last year of his contract.

Looking forward to watching him though. I’ve heard but hype about this kid the last 6 months or so.

Cut the wifi and put mobile jammers outside his hotel tonight...

Don’t worry - Mendes will have his phone turned off tonight. He’ll be taking his pound of flesh tomorrow and then he’ll start plotting towards the next big move in a few years time.

It’s our job in the meantime to welcome Yoro in with open arms and provide him a platform from which to achieve his ambitions.

Looking forward to watching him though. I’ve heard but hype about this kid the last 6 months or so.
It was actually 90m mate.

An Everton fan drove all the way to London on his day off to say feck the PL to their office door when they got deducted points. They collectively have the IQ of a dead squirrel.
To be honest, I respect that particular action.

This transfer has ruffled a lot of feathers. :devil:

All of Twitter is falling over itself trying to justify why he's just a "kid" or some datapoint or the other is not good.

It's 50M EUR base, 12M EUR add-ons. Even if the last 8m exists in add-ons (questionable), they'll be extremely hard to achieve ones.

So just stick with 62M EUR or 52M GBP. We paid more for Mount for context. I'm curious to see the wage numbers but I won't be surprised if all-in it's less than De Ligt.

Played more minutes than Garnacho last season

Can also tell you he's better than Mosquera who is 1st on the list from watching Valencia. Gasriowski only played a couple of games for them but in the 3 or so matches he played he looked like he might be better as well

The last year of the contract wasn’t relevant to anyone but Madrid.

The threat of leaving for nothing is what effects selling price as a contract runs down. If he was going to leave for nothing it was going to be to Madrid and if we were trying to buy him from Madrid this time next year, we wouldn’t have a hope and even if we did, it would be for a lot more money than this.

We needed to offer a price that Lille would accept, and Madrid would refuse to match. We did and it’s worked - whether that play pays off will only become clear in time.

All of Twitter is falling over itself trying to justify why he's just a "kid" or some datapoint or the other is not good.

It's 50M EUR base, 12M EUR add-ons. Even if the last 8m exists in add-ons (questionable), they'll be extremely hard to achieve ones.

So just stick with 62M EUR or 52M GBP. We paid more for Mount for context. I'm curious to see the wage numbers but I won't be surprised if all-in it's less than De Ligt.

That’s not too bad then. I’d certainly prefer Yoro over paying whatever a Everton were asking for Branthwaite. Is that deal now dead then?

That Everton journalist would be the first one talking down Branthwaite and claiming we overpaid if we had increased our bid and done the deal.

"Everton did well to get £60m for their second-best CB, with only one season of Premier League football under his belt, and who was left out of England's Euro 2024 squad entirely in favour of Ezri Konsa, Marc Guehi and Lewis Dunk"

It's laughable really and if he's that good, they needn't worry, because apparently Real Madrid are about to be in the market for a CB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.