Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Romano reckons this is a 42M transfer, and Ornstein says its 52M. Either way I'm happy, I really didnt think we would beat Real Madrid to this. Still shocked.

And :lol: at Everton being salty we didnt cave to their 70M demands

Ok I'm confused, how is he linked to Dutch football, he must be somehow for us to sign him?

Has anyone actually watched him play? What type of defender is he? Does he possess the pace we need next to Martinez? I haven't been very impressed from the YT videos I've watched.

I’m not sure really, are they jealous maybe we are not going to give them £70m? The English tax is ridiculous and clubs need to stop paying it.
I definitely think a few of them thought they were going to get their 'Leicester' moment and we'd blow £80m on him like we did for Maguire, which they could then use to laugh at us whenever they felt like it.

That Beasley article is a joy to read.

He somehow manages to suggest that a 45m bid is worse than a 35m bid

What a fool

It’s just bizarre.

Any club is well within their right to value a player as they please. If Everton rate Branthwaite as worth 70-80m for them, fair fecks. Maybe United rate McTominay at 40m, but if no-one else does, you either take the best offer you have, else you delight in keeping the player.

Fulham for example are absolutely in their right to offer 20m for McTominay and if it’s rejected decide they are better off spending 25m on Kalvin Phillips.

Everton fans are being very weird about this on twitter. As an example:

This is a new level of stupidity. What goes through their heads?

Anyway, hugely pleased with this signing. City supporting colleague was making fun of us even trying to sign him on Monday... Curiously, very quiet today.

Yoro looks like he'll become a beast of a player. He's younger but he already looks more complete than Braithwaite, a really good signing. I hope he gets the backing and time to adjust as his price tag will be thrown at him whenever he makes a mistake. Yoro and Licha, what a partnership in prospect!

So we get the best defensive talent ahead of Real Madrid AND piss of Evertonians at the same time? Just when you thought things could not get better

This is absolutely unhinged :lol: truly embarrassing stuff

The saltiness in that article is incredible.

“Rather than risk his development by stepping into the potentially toxic environment of United, Branthwaite’s progression would be better served staying put for another year at least and then after that there’s the lure of the Blues’ magnificent new stadium on the Mersey waterfront over the faded glories of Old Trafford and its leaky roof”

So we get the best defensive talent ahead of Real Madrid AND piss of Evertonians at the same time? Just when you thought things could not get better
it's the randomness of "this pisses off Evertonians" being the icing on the cake that really makes it for me. Just so, so weird.

This quote from an Everton fan is fantastic:

Clueless.
Everton have every right to value their players whatever and how much they like. Don't start crying we decide to look elsewhere because we don't hold the same value. This has nothing to do with disrespecting a player or a rival club.
Think the reporter is looking to use our name to drum up views and followers on his account. Easiest way to do it is by being controversial to United supporters and we always respond.

I was Jarrad in but I am not that sure now. It almost like evertonians wanted him out

It's possible that should we have De Ligt and Martinez at CB, that Yoro will get games interchangably at CB and full-back as and when injuries/rotations occur. This could be why Eth is comfortable letting AWB go. Yoro can operate similar to how Gvardiol operates as a CB at full-back.

“Rather than risk his development by stepping into the potentially toxic environment of United, Branthwaite’s progression would be better served staying put for another year at least and then after that there’s the lure of the Blues’ magnificent new stadium on the Mersey waterfront over the faded glories of Old Trafford and its leaky roof”
Tbf that magnificent new stadium on the Mersey waterfront will be a lovely distraction from the grim reality of being stuck in the Championship

I don't get the anger. Why? Why?

So Romano reckons this is a 42M transfer, and Ornstein says its 52M. Either way I'm happy, I really didnt think we would beat Real Madrid to this. Still shocked.

I'd imagine Romano simply highlighted the fixed amount, while Ornstein highlighted the max package of the deal.

Romano said it's 42m (€50m) fixed and 10m (€12m) in add-ons (€5m easy, €7m difficult), so that checks out.

Wtf.. is the price, I've read €50 .million. not £50 million.. there's a difference between the two..

Am I living in a simulation? Are Everton fans genuinely annoyed at the fact we didn't overpay for their starboy?

Take it other clubs aren't used to us not being taken to the cleaners with transfers now.

yorohereweog.jpg
:drool: "You're doing a great job, son!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.