Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its almost as if they are furious that Jarrad will probably remain at Everton at this point. If they want us to take him off their hands then they can always lower the price. We don't owe Everton or Jarrad anything

Is no one worried about how gormless this kid looks?

Like, I'm not saying we should sign players based purely on their appearance. But is it right to completely ignore it?

And presumably that's the BEST picture they have of him.

He looks like he has put 99% of his functioning ability into football and 1% into controlling his face.

I wouldn't be surprised if he can't blink and talk at the same time.

Meh. Everton's greatest achievements in the last 20 odd years are 1 win against liverpool and watching Rooney win stuff with us. Of course they're sad their boy missed out.

:lol:

An insult? One is a generational talent and the other is…..Jarrad Branthwaite. For a player they were adamant wasn’t for sale they seem pretty pissed off over in Toffee town that Utd aren’t coughing up the cash to buy him. Sorry lads, Woodward ain’t running things no more. :)
I suspect it's media clickbait, and I suspect Everton and their fans don’t see the contrasting bids as an insult- just the bid they consider low for Branthwaite. But clearly (rightly or wrongly) Utd rate Yoro higher than Branthwaite, either on current ability or potential.

That said, looking at the swamps that are Everton forums was amusing, lots of bitterness about Utd ‘overpaying for a teenager and ‘Utd/Ratcliffe still making the same mistakes’.

Last edited:
We now have 3 of the top 10 Golden Boy Award nominees.

eD48XB0.png
lets get joao neves too while we are at it.

Its almost as if they are furious that Jarrad will probably remain at Everton at this point. If they want us to take him off their hands then they can always lower the price. We don't owe Everton or Jarrad anything
They don't realise United are under new management and thought the old guard would do what they always did and pay over the odds for average British talent.

Didums.

havent seen a lot of Yoro. Also dont think Branthwaite is anywhere close to 80m+

But just the fact that we had multiple targets lined up AND walked away from evertons ridiculous price is refreshing.

This might be the greatest tweet I've ever seen :lol:

Shocking article really.
Imagine describing 45million for a player with 1 season of premier league experience as "disparaging".

Madness.

DON'T PANIC...DON'T PANIC...someone quickly get on the flight tracker between Manchester and Madrid... :D

If Branthwaite is such a "generational talent", why is an Everton fan furious at United low-balling for him...?

Why would keeping hold of your best talent make you that livid? :lol:

The way people hung on to every tweet from Spanish media too. ‘There was a dinner last night and everyone was saying ‘Yoro is coming’ = ‘pack it up guys, it’s over’.

People would do well to remember who we are.

They don't realise United are under new management and thought the old guard would do what they always did and pay over the odds for average British talent.

Didums.
They're upset because their generational talent's agent is banging on the boardroom door asking for a pay rise worthy of a £70,000,000 'generational talent'.

Wow! Signing the hottest CB prospect in Europe from under the noses of Madrid and upsetting others along the way, are we back? Kudos to Sir Jim

Wrap this up and it's an excellent start to the window and decent value for money I reckon for the two players we've got. Not cheap by any means but within the ballpark for a talent like Yoro and Zirkzee was fair.

Absolutely rattled! How dare we :lol:

So we paid €30m less and it’s an insult to Everton, crazy.

This quote from an Everton fan is fantastic:

Everton’s player contracted to Everton but apparently we are not allowed to value him?

Clueless.
Everton have every right to value their players whatever and how much they like. Don't start crying we decide to look elsewhere because we don't hold the same value. This has nothing to do with disrespecting a player or a rival club.

If he’s so fecking great then you’d think they would be happy to keep him……..

Tbh I think for clubs of a certain standing, it is a sense of pride when one of your own (they treat him like that even though he’s really a Carlisle boy!) goes on to bigger things. Us going for Yoro is like saying their son isn’t that special, and they are naturally telling everyone their son is as gifted as anyone else’s.

That Beasley article is a joy to read.

He somehow manages to suggest that a 45m bid is worse than a 35m bid

What a fool

Beasley has actually written two meltdown articles about it, basically saying the same things :lol:

A few sandwiches short of a picnic, clearly

Yeah, the club didn't value him as high as Manchester United considering he's in his last year of contract and that's about it.

I think you guys overspent on him by quite a margin but both clubs are in different positions and at the end it was up to the player to decide between both clubs. So hope he turns into a very good defender for you.
Sometimes, you have to do that when competing for a signing with a club in a better current position like Real.

If I remember rightly, that is how Liverpool got Firmino back when we were consistently in a better position than them. We made a half-assed offer for him, while Liverpool came in with a strong transfer and wage offer.

Didums.

I don't think that Jarrad is average. However 70m pounds for a work in progress is too much. We are signing the best young CB around for 18m less. If we also sell Lindelof or Maguire then we could squeeze another decent CB in. A tah/de ligt + yoro in is way better then just jarrad

Status
Not open for further replies.