Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoro toured all our facilities. Where the feck are the photos? No photos in a black SUV, no flight tracker? What is wrong with us muppets? Do we need a director of muppetry and a muppetry director too?
It's no longer being leaked to the media in advance it seems :lol:

Let’s keep Everton as friends. They have a £50m cheque clearing and will be looking for a physical defensive midfielder to come in and play Dyche-ball.

We now have 3 of the top 10 Golden Boy Award nominees.

eD48XB0.png

Not sure you know the last 13 years of this Club. We have made no money what so ever from player sales. If we can get an ROI on this and get a good 4 years that would be great. We have not won a title since 2013 and are not regularly in the CL. We need to change how we do things and this is a start.
But last 13 years have not been ideal.

You are confusing the realistic outcome vs the ideal.

Ideal would be him staying until he's 30+ and leaving to Madrid with 3 - 4 PL and 1 - 2 CL.

Realistic would be him leaving in 4 years to Madrid for a good amount with hopefully 1 - 2 FA cup / EFL cup, and maybe 1 EL and a title challenge.

A classic chant to the 2 Unlimited - no limits tune:
Le-ny
Leny Yo-ro
Leny Yo-ro
Leny Leny Yoro!

Hyped!

We'll re-create the same Licha / Timber type partnership with Licha / Yoro. One passer, one ball carrier. Ten Hag will only encourage the ball carrying aspect of his game.

United: We think Branthwaite for 40-50 m is a fair price.
Everton: 70m or find another player.
United: Ok *signs Yoro who is regarded as the best young CB in Europe for 50m Euros*
Everton: That's a slap in the face. What a disgrace.

Did not expect that when I clicked on the link. Reads more like something written by a disgruntled employee writing about thier former employers. Unnecessarily negative and insulting of United. You know you are clutching at straws when you think a new stadium will be motivation for a player to stay at Everton rather than move to United.

Of course they wanted him that's well documented. But they were just not willing to pay a high enough price for a young teenage talent who they didn't see as first team material for now. They wanted him as depth for now which is what the Madrid media have been reporting.

Yeah, the club didn't value him as high as Manchester United considering he's in his last year of contract and that's about it.

I think you guys overspent on him by quite a margin but both clubs are in different positions and at the end it was up to the player to decide between both clubs. So hope he turns into a very good defender for you.

It's a big fee for a young player in the last year of his contract, exciting times but we really need this one to pay off, too many expensive flops have been our downfall so here's hoping the first big statement signing for Jim is one we look back on fondly, good luck to the lad.

i don’t have a good feeling about this one. i’ve got a mate on the inside and apparently ratcliffe has already been to see him and asked him to remove the real madrid crest wallpaper from his phone. apparently yoro stared off into the distance, before his agent nudged him and offered him a £50 note to wipe away his tears with. he eventually removed it, but refused to put a united one on there. he just used a screenshot of his hargreaves lansdown portfolio instead.
Yoro vereacting

The Everton-fans remind me a bit about the guy who tells another guy: Are you staring at my wife ? And when the other guy says "NO" the first guy replies "Why aren't you looking at my wife - don't you think she is good enough for you ?"
There’s just a huge mismatch between what United fans see in him (who I dare so mostly haven’t watched him) and what his club and the fans who watch him see in him. It's even more jarring because in this instance I think most people commenting have also not seen Yoro play either, so you just get both sides defaulting to the boring narratives that suit their biases best.

For Everton fans they have the generational talent and were within their right to demand 80m and Yoro is a teenager who has played one season in a poor league, and for United fans Yoro is the generational talent and Branthwaite is over hyped because he's English. Very little of what you've read here over the past months is backed by any objective assesment of either player's ability.

Time will tell which side ends up happier, but I think for us the simple fact is we have to set a line in the sand that we do not just pay what other sides demand. If Branthwaite does end up being a CB worth 80m then so be it, but I think it's worth losing out on that in order to put some fear into selling clubs that we do have other targets when we come calling. Anything more than that about the merits of each deal at this point is very tricky to tell.

Yeah, the club didn't value him as high as Manchester United considering he's in his last year of contract and that's about it.

I think you guys overspent on him by quite a margin but both clubs are in different positions and at the end it was up to the player to decide between both clubs. So hope he turns into a very good defender for you.
Agreed. You guys have been so successful in recent years that your need for a young talent like Leny Yoro isn't that great. But I think for United it's a risk worth taking and hopefully it will pay off for us.

Certified Dipper Boy? Certified RAWKophiles
Wop, wop, wop, wop, wop, Jim, feck 'em up
Wop, wop, wop, wop, wop, Scousers in the mud
Why you meltdown like a bitch? Ain't you tired?
Boom and Bust, you a Benefit Signerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

They not like us, they not like us, they not like us
They not like us, they not like us, they not like us

axw9qrB.png

Last edited:

Definitely agreed that we have overpaid probably by 15-20 million euros, at the same time I think if we had a 35 million euro bid accepted, you probably just match it.

Hopefully he reaches his potential with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.