Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Overpaying" discourse before a highly rated youngster has played a single minute for us, kill me now.
So the way they calculate “book value” as a cost against the club in accounting makes signing younger players even less expensive than the amortization alone would suggest. If he plays for United for 10 years, a fee of 70m will literally be a pittance.

If you pay 70m for a 27 year old, the effect is obviously different.

The kid is just elite already, and has the ceiling to be a historically good defender.

Such a good showing for the new guys at United.

Jesus barely even got a chance to unzip and it’s already done. Now I know how all my exes felt.

Great bit of buisness for the future, now go and get DeLigt over the line. Interested to see if reports are correct in that basically the entire roster of Cb’s we have bar Martinez are up for sale and the plan is all 3 in Yoro, Branthwaite and DeLigt.

Whilst this is definitely the kind of player we should be going after I don't see the point.

Either he turns out to be good but not worth the money we paid and we're trying to replace him in a couple of years, or he turns out the great and Madrid sign him on a free/for a too small fee after unsettling him for a year or 2.

Or he turns out great and Madrid buy someone else in the meantime. Madrid won't wait around.

Love how quick they've done this. Great that we're going after young players. We are cooking.

Madrid literally spent 50m on Militao. I don't see any similarity between the Yoro deal and Grealish who was basically twice the price either.
Madrid spent £43m on a established CB from Porto. They were trying to sign Yoro as depth for CB for now and their offers for the player reflected that.

The Grealish and Phililps deals were negotiated by Omar Berrarda from what we're led to believe in the media and he's overpaid on many deals and the Leny Yoro one won't be the last.

Yoro is a player I first brought up on here and it's unbelievable to me at least how he's going for the reported price. I can't remember anyone quoting my post at the time telling me what a talent he was but I did receive a negative one.

Looks like he's on his way? There's not many I suppose who's watched him, unless they follow French football... so if there is anybody who's seen this kid, other than fecking ytube video, I'd like to know are Utd getting a player or a maybe player at 18.. ? By all reporting he's a very good prospect and player already... at 18 though in Premier league I hope another CB comes as well.

Feels like Murtough never left. His spirit is still within United.

So the way they calculate “book value” as a cost against the club in accounting makes signing younger players even less expensive than the amortization alone would suggest. If he plays for United for 10 years, a fee of 70m will literally be a pittance.

If you pay 70m for a 27 year old, the effect is obviously different.

The kid is just elite already, and has the ceiling to be a historically good defender.

Such a good showing for the new guys at United.
And the “cost” for Yoro’s amortisation + wages is a bit less than Varane’s wages alone

Madrid spent £43m on a established CB from Porto. They were trying to sign Yoro as depth for CB for now and their offers for the player reflected that.

The Grealish and Phililps deals were negotiated by Omar Berrarda from what we're led to believe in the media and he's overpaid on many deals and the Leny Yoro one won't be the last.

Yoro is a player I first brought up on here and it's unbelievable to me at least how he's going for the reported price. I can't remember anyone quoting my post at the time telling me what a talent he was but I did receive a negative one.
Grealish was a release clause no?

Everton fans are being very weird about this on twitter. As an example:

Probably been discussed 50 pages before, but if anyone is wondering his status with the French national team he was called up to play for their Olympic team which Michael Olise now of Bayern, was playing in. But Lille wanted him for champions league qualification games so he didnt go. So not in the full France squad, but in the one just outside that that with Olise, Mateta, Cherki, Kalimeundo and Desire Doue

Hmmm agent Yoro for Doue

Apologies if this has been posted already but here are his games against Villa last season for a bit of context against a Premier League team:

He could've also waited a year and sign on a free for them but didn't. Who's to say what happens in 6 years? Maybe he'll like it here, maybe he'll extend.
Maybe, but we all know the story. If he turns into a player that justifies a £70m fee for an 18 year old then Madrid will be sniffing around him every year.

I can't believe this is happening, usually Madrid would've got him by now.

What’s next after Yoro? One more CB CDM LB?

This transfer is almost done feels weird saying that without monitoring and all the crap we’ve had for the past decade

Gut feeling is a CDM,however if a Lindelof sale gathers pace then may well go for another CB

Maybe, but we all know the story. If he turns into a player that justifies a £70m fee for an 18 year old then Madrid will be sniffing around him every year.
We just rounding £52m up to £70m now are we?

Yo, buddy, this is reality not football manager. Beckham, Ronaldo and De Gea but for a dodgy fax machine, all signed for Madrid from United when at the top of their game. Like it or not some players dream of playing for the cnuts and this guy is obviously one of them.

He can't want to play for them that much. He only had a year left, could have said no to us and ran out his contract and gone to them on a free next year.

No, let's sign players who don't clearly see us as a stepping stone to Madrid.

There are other young central defenders out there, we've been linked to most of them.

He didn't need a stepping stone to Madrid, they already wanted him.

Yesterday his route to Madrid was: possibly join them this summer, if not then sign with them in January and join the summer of 2025.

Now his route to Madrid is: not this summer, possibly after that if Madrid agrees a fee with United, even though United will not want to sell and will as a minimum demand a crazy fee, or for free in 2030 if he doesn't renew his contract and Madrid is still interested at that point.

If his goal is to end up in Madrid, joining United doesn't make any sense.

I think we'll want another more mature CB and this guy will be the first choice backup. That'll give him 30 starts a season across all comps plus a bunch of sub appearances, while still giving him the time he needs to develop.

Everton fans are being very weird about this on twitter. As an example:

Ya Everton and their fans are in shambles and embarrassing themselves. They are actually offended we didn't pay 30m more for someone who had a solid season but it was 1 season and it was for the most defensive system in the league, the Dycheball system

Obviously Madrid wanted him as the depth/development CB, it's part of why we lured him away. But to say they don't spend heavy on young CB's is just incorrect, and trying to say Militao doesn't count because he's "established" at Porto as a 21 year old is just disingenous. And Berrada under United is clearly going to operate differently than he did with City's unlimited checkbook, I don't think Yoro is evidence that he'll just overpay for everyone. Considering the going rate for top level CB prospects is essentially what we paid (50m ballpark), it's not like we just spanked the budget on a teenager.

As for you bringing up Yoro in posts, I didn't mention that either way and it was never my point.

Ya Everton and their fans are in shambles and embarrassing themselves. They are actually offended we didn't pay 30m more for someone who had a solid season but it was 1 season and it was for the most defensive system in the league, the Dycheball system
You'd think that fans would want to keep their best players, not sell them off (especially considering they don't need the cash now post Onana sale)

He does not look very excited.
Still better than Aaron Lennon going to Everton

images

Status
Not open for further replies.