Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replace Casemiro with a young / quality DM and the spine of the team is suddenly looking in decent shape both in age and quality:

Martinez (26) - Yoro (18)
New DM - Mainoo (19)
Fernandes (29)
Hojlund (21) / Zirkzee (23)

It's not prime Barcelona but the foundations for a pretty good team are there, that's not including other young talents such as Garnacho and Amad who I feel will play a big part in the coming years. Squad was definitely due a refresh though.

No chance Yoro walks in as a starter. De Ligt will be the partner to Martinez. Yoro will be behind Maguire currently as well.

this is very impressive - by all accounts he’s a grade A talent and you hardly find more promising young defenders. Still a way to go for him to realize his full potential, but the fact he signs for us shows that we can still be attractive for the most in demand talents. Chapeau bas INEOS, I didn’t think this could happen

Replace Casemiro with a young / quality DM and the spine of the team is suddenly looking in decent shape both in age and quality:

Martinez (26) - Yoro (18)
New DM - Mainoo (19)
Fernandes (29)
Hojlund (21) / Zirkzee (23)

It's not prime Barcelona but the foundations for a pretty good team are there, that's not including other young talents such as Garnacho and Amad who I feel will play a big part in the coming years. Squad was definitely due a refresh though.

Garnacho is a starter.

Can't say his name three times in a row without fecking up. Proper tongue twister :D

This escalated pretty quickly today. Lovely to see and nice that we almost have two decent signings in the bag.

If this was Woodward spending 70 mil on an 18 year old centre back the negativity would be way worse

Woodward and everyone “in charge” before Jim took over wouldn’t have had the know how to sign a player like Yoro.

Woodward would have gone in all guns blazing for Branthwaite, f*cked about all summer with no other targets in mind. Panicked on deadline day and spent 100m+ on him.

We finally have the right people running the club, who know exactly what they’re doing and who know what it will take to bring this club back to the very top.

Enjoy it.

Signing too young players with their best years ahead of them, I no longer recognise this club. :lol: INEOS have made a great start to their time with us.

If we pamper this kid in gold this young, doubt he will have the hunger to reach his top level.

Hopefully we pay him similar to Zirkzees to begin his career here (£55k per week).

No chance Yoro walks in as a starter. De Ligt will be the partner to Martinez. Yoro will be behind Maguire currently as well.
If we don't sign anyone else I think Yoro is a starter, I wouldn't be surprised if we sell Maguire. If we sign De Ligt then our spine is still looking strong.
Garnacho is a starter.
I know, I just didn't include the wide players as I was just talking about CB, CM and ST.

Can see this turning out like Varane, except the opposite way round. He’ll go Madrid after here. Except he probably won’t win as much with us like Varane did with Madrid.

£42m + add ons isn't even expensive. Actually very good value for the highest rated young cb in world football. Already better than Branthwaite who is 3 years older and was going to cost £70m. Feels like people trying to be negative for the sake of it. Massive coup.

Signing too young players with their best years ahead of them, I no longer recognise this club. :lol: INEOS have made a great start to their time with us.
To be fair we did sign Depay and Martial during the initial years of Woodward era but yea we lost our way somewhere along the line. Good to see we are back to signing players with potential.

What saga will we have this year now everything is bei no done efficiently? This board needs to go.

Whilst this is definitely the kind of player we should be going after I don't see the point.

Either he turns out to be good but not worth the money we paid and we're trying to replace him in a couple of years, or he turns out the great and Madrid sign him on a free/for a too small fee after unsettling him for a year or 2.

We only bought him since his dad aint fat. I hope we buy De Ligt now to even out the rotund meter in the defense !

What saga will we have this year now everything is bei no done efficiently? This board needs to go.
There's always one. I was hoping Neves would be this summer's muppet festival, but it looks like PSG might have spoiled that party early. Ugarte perhaps? Not a sexy option but potential's there.

Failing that, there's always Frenkie! :drool:

Whilst this is definitely the kind of player we should be going after I don't see the point.

Either he turns out to be good but not worth the money we paid and we're trying to replace him in a couple of years, or he turns out the great and Madrid sign him on a free/for a too small fee after unsettling him for a year or 2.

Yo this is Manchester United not Southampton buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.