Not open for further replies.
Is his name pronounced 'Lenny' Yoro or 'Laney' Yoro? :lol:
The L is like the L in love.
The e is like the e in penny.
The n is like the n in penny.
The n is like the n in penny.
The y is like the y in money.

Yeah, useless board!

I miss the good old days when transfer rumours lasted months and we didn’t get the player
Yeah! Stupid competent people running the transfers, can't even let us muppet. Where is this season's FdJ thread? Or Vidal? Or Sneijder? Or Gaitan? man we've been through some terrible sagas haven't we...

Whilst this is definitely the kind of player we should be going after I don't see the point.

Either he turns out to be good but not worth the money we paid and we're trying to replace him in a couple of years, or he turns out the great and Madrid sign him on a free/for a too small fee after unsettling him for a year or 2.
For feck's sake.

Let's stick to signing players on the decline to avoid Real Madrid signing them.

There's always one. I was hoping Neves would be this summer's muppet festival, but it looks like PSG might have spoiled that party early. Ugarte perhaps? Not a sexy option but potential's there.

Failing that, there's always Frenkie! :drool:
Neves actually went for a fairly decent fee rather than the quoted 120m being touted by the media. Would’ve been a good signing for us. Maybe De Ligt will be the saga, can’t see us putting that much effort into sorting the contract out etc without following through eventually.

Madrid don't spend big on CBs and they only wanted Yoro as back up initially per reports and their offers reflected that. I know everyone is upbeat right now and we should be. But I think we've overpaid and i'm not complaining but I don't believe we sign him without overpaying. It works for Man City and hopefully it eventually pays off for us.

Omar Berrarda negotiated the transfers at Man City and he wasted loads of money with Grealish and Kalvin Phillips being bought for ridiculous sums.
Madrid literally spent 50m on Militao. I don't see any similarity between the Yoro deal and Grealish who was basically twice the price either.

Eh, apart from Martinez, none of our CBs is trustworthy. The fact that Madrid is in for him is reassuring at least.
Just because someone says some clubs are after players doesn’t mean they are in real life. It is all about making fee bigger. I hope that it is more 40 and not 70. I don’t know what to trust now. In that case I could somehow accept. Still high in my opinion.
So far I’ve had pretty much right about a lot.
How many games have you watched of his?
A few. Nothing extra. He is young and can develop but right now, he is not ready to start games before Maguire, Lindelof and Martinez. I’m not even sure he is better than Evans except speed.
Yeah, let's continue to play Evans and Casemiro at center back.
We don’t need to do that if everyone is fit.
Is this a joke? The guys 18 and better than both lindelof and Maguire. It shows how good he is that Madrid wanted him. Just like they signed Varane from the same country.
He is not better. Everyone who watched him can see talent but right now he is not.
Impressive level of ignorance here
Ofcourse not. Just fact.
Hmmm so United, PSG, Madrid and Liverpool all wanted him but obviously you know better.
Don’t believe everything media says.

16th July “fingers crossed, we might get him lads? Good times are ahead. Gooooooooo…. Ineos!!”

17th July “How much?! We got rinsed, he’s only 18 and plays in a farmers league. Glazers Mk II. #Ratcliffeout”
Not far off!

You missed off: “Is he any good?” (I don’t know, but I’ll moan about something anyway)

For feck's sake.

Let's stick to signing players on the decline to avoid Real Madrid signing them.

No, let's sign players who don't clearly see us as a stepping stone to Madrid.

There are other young central defenders out there, we've been linked to most of them.

Very exciting to see that our new structure is able to attract the best young talents.

We’re really building something here now

"Overpaying" discourse before a highly rated youngster has played a single minute for us, kill me now.

Yo this is Manchester United not Southampton buddy
Yo, buddy, this is reality not football manager. Beckham, Ronaldo and De Gea but for a dodgy fax machine, all signed for Madrid from United when at the top of their game. Like it or not some players dream of playing for the cnuts and this guy is obviously one of them.

With that moustache of his, he could easily be one of Mickey Pierces mates in Only Fools and Horses :lol:

If this was Woodward spending 70 mil on an 18 year old centre back the negativity would be way worse
Because you know Woodward is clueless, you’d expect Ashworth and Berrada along with Wilcox have used some of their knowledge and acumen to come to this decision.

Yo, buddy, this is reality not football manager. Beckham, Ronaldo and De Gea but for a dodgy fax machine, all signed for Madrid from United when at the top of their game. Like it or not some players dream of playing for the cnuts and this guy is obviously one of them.
He could've also waited a year and sign on a free for them but didn't. Who's to say what happens in 6 years? Maybe he'll like it here, maybe he'll extend.

I hope you don't really believe that transfers are done using fax machine.

Only player we sold against our will was Ronaldo, no one else.

Releasing a vid pretty soon... hopefully in next hour or so

Whilst this is definitely the kind of player we should be going after I don't see the point.

Either he turns out to be good but not worth the money we paid and we're trying to replace him in a couple of years, or he turns out the great and Madrid sign him on a free/for a too small fee after unsettling him for a year or 2.
Using that logic PSG should never have signed Mbappe

If you were to offer this kid to every club in Europe, every single one of them would take him. And we've got him for 50m. How rare is that?! 50m can't get you Antony or Mudryk these days.

No, let's sign players who don't clearly see us as a stepping stone to Madrid.

There are other young central defenders out there, we've been linked to most of them.
Stop being so cowardly.

How anyone could turn this in to a negative is truly beyond me :lol:

When I have been negative? Please point to a post where I say we cannot sign him? I just said we have to blow their bid out of the water. How’s that negative? Just a realistic assessment of the market.

Weird to single me out. I’m deliriously happy we have him and like I pointed out it’s not my money anyway.

I think you’ve taken offence when none was meant. Your point was we paid more. I just mentioned how RM did the same with Figo. That was the signing that really made people take notice. Because they signed a player from Barcelona.

While I’m not comparing this signing to Figo. It can still be used to establish a similar image.

If we don't sign anyone else I think Yoro is a starter, I wouldn't be surprised if we sell Maguire. If we sign De Ligt then our spine is still looking strong.

I know, I just didn't include the wide players as I was just talking about CB, CM and ST.
I kind of think we’ll hold on to Maguire as his wages are crazy and tough to move on. If we go in for DeLigt or Tah as well, and get rid of Lindelof, we’d have Licha, Yoro, DeLigt, Maguire, Evans… Given the issues with Licha’s injuries, you need depth there.

Status
Not open for further replies.