Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't particularly recall the old board ever being criticised for beating clubs like Real Madrid to the brightest young talents.

In fact in hindsight I suspect most here wish we had done more to secure players like Camavinga/Tchouameni/Bellingham rather than help Madrid's bank balance by signing Casemiro at the opposite end of the age spectrum. That's the sort of deal the old board should be criticised for.
I mean overvaluation of players. Triple the bid of Real does not feel like beating them, it feels like an impulsive decision caused by panic. Pretty sure Lille would eventually cave in for a sum somewhere inbetween.

Nevertheless, it is still an exciting signing, but the expectations will be very high.

Hopefully we get him on a program to bulk up. He’ll turn into an absolute monster if so.

No offense that's just stupid no Club of United's size wants to sell a great player at his peak unless their hand is forced .

I don't think you have thought this through at all .
No offence, but Uniteds record in selling players over the last 13 years has been woeful.

We bought Pogba for £85 million and sold him for how much?

Not every player, especially one from outside the UK wants to stay at the same Club all their career. I don't think you have thought through this particular transfer at all.

What’s next after Yoro? One more CB CDM LB?

This transfer is almost done feels weird saying that without monitoring and all the crap we’ve had for the past decade

What’s next after Yoro? One more CB CDM LB?

This transfer is almost done feels weird saying that without monitoring and all the crap we’ve had for the past decade

I demand a 500 page transfer saga! On to the Neves thread!

I don't think you know the meaning of the word "ideal".
Not sure you know the last 13 years of this Club. We have made no money what so ever from player sales. If we can get an ROI on this and get a good 4 years that would be great. We have not won a title since 2013 and are not regularly in the CL. We need to change how we do things and this is a start.

Probably been discussed 50 pages before, but if anyone is wondering his status with the French national team he was called up to play for their Olympic team which Michael Olise now of Bayern, was playing in. But Lille wanted him for champions league qualification games so he didnt go. So not in the full France squad, but in the one just outside that that with Olise, Mateta, Cherki, Kalimeundo and Desire Doue

Madrid would not go near him because they were so certain they would get him for free next year. And when we made the bad - they had already signed Mbappe and Edrick so they probably couldn't afford to spend £50 million on Yoro.

Madrid don't spend big on CBs and they only wanted Yoro as back up initially per reports and their offers reflected that. I know everyone is upbeat right now and we should be. But I think we've overpaid and i'm not complaining but I don't believe we sign him without overpaying. It works for Man City and hopefully it eventually pays off for us.

Omar Berrarda negotiated the transfers at Man City and he wasted loads of money with Grealish and Kalvin Phillips being bought for ridiculous sums.

Damn, that's a lot of aggression over hair.

You didn't even wait for him to respond to your first question.
No aggression. Just calling it what it is. He still hasn't answered the question despite responding to the post. Anyways, don't want to derail the thread.

Do people really think Real Madrid are going to be waiting around for a Center Back for 5 years?

Might the come in for him? Sure. But I hardly think he's gonna be top of their priority list. They'll just move one.

If this was Woodward spending 70 mil on an 18 year old centre back the negativity would be way worse

I just hope we can all be a little bit patient with him.
He’s not going to come in and play like baresi right off the bat.
In a couple of years I think he’ll be battle hardened and will have bulked up a little.
Very happy we’ve chosen him over Branthwaite.

Signing too young players with their best years ahead of them, I no longer recognise this club. :lol: INEOS have made a great start to their time with us.

Maybe this is the end of the Muppets if they are being done this quickly. No more considering, no more informing. No more flights on important transfer business.
Muppets, disperse.

Buying young top talents is absolutely the way to go for us! Have missed these! Really sends a message that we want to build something special and compete for real in a couple of years when Leny, Kobbie, Amad, Alejandro, Zirkzee, Höjlund peaks.
I am so ready to say goodbye to the Looney tunes era of Manchester United.
Lots of memorable moments but nice to have it in the past.

Madrid don't spend big on CBs and they only wanted Yoro as back up initially per reports and their offers reflected that. I know everyone is upbeat right now and we should be. But I think we've overpaid and i'm not complaining but I don't believe we sign him without overpaying. It works for Man City and hopefully it eventually pays off for us.

Omar Berrarda negotiated the transfers at Man City and he wasted loads of money with Grealish and Kalvin Phillips being bought for ridiculous sums.

I agree in principle but in practice I think that things aren't as clear cut. Everton are asking 70m for jarrad, bologna are asking 60m for calafiori while sporting are sticking to their 51m minimum fee clause for Ignacio. De ligt had spent a big chunk of the season injured and Bayern are still asking 45m for him (ie a players who keeps moving for a lower fee then the one they bought him for)

Yoro is not as experienced but his potential ceiling is higher which balance things out. With yoro on board we might go for a 28 yr old tah for 25m euros. By the time he retires yoro would be in his prime and Jarrad's contract will be heading towards its end

Status
Not open for further replies.