Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the ideal scenario is that he develops and grows into the central defender who all think he will be, and sell to Madrid, Bayern or PSG in 4 years for £100 million. Then rinse and repeat.

I think the more likely scenario is he stays for 5 years and runs the contract down and goes for free at 23

This thread became negative really quickly :lol:

You would swear sometimes that these transfer fees are coming out of the caf members’ bank accounts with the moaning that happens.

Why have United fans adopted these "if we sell him to Madrid or Barca" fanfiction scenarios? As if these clubs have been picking us apart or something? Barca can barely pay theor electric bill and Real, as evidenced, doesn't really have an easy fight against them (and we're at our worst in decades).

Is this all trauma from Ronaldo?
Exactly. It’s very frustrating. Definitely Ronaldo trauma and a misunderstanding of our previous sales to Real Madrid. I think many think Beckham, RVN, Heinze wanted to leave us to join RM as opposed to the reality that they were forced out by SAF to develop and improve the team.

If his trajectory goes as expected, and we sell him to Madrid or Barcelona in a few years' time, his fee will break the current world record for any defender ever sold and be in the triple-digits. I'd say there are three players currently out there in world football, who can potentially break the world record within the next few years: Yoro, Saliba and Gvardiol. Can't really think of anyone else. It's clear that this kid is the level of talent we need to be acquiring in order to reach City, Madrid, and Arsenal's level.
Barca won’t be spending triple digits for a long time and Madrid hardly ever go big on defenders, last one I can remember was Militao and that was like £43m

What’s weird is all the negativity and inferiority to RM.

Before it was “he’s going Madrid , he’ll never choose us other them” now it’s “Madrid didn’t want him “ or “let’s not pretend it’s not because we offered a ton more RM”

So my point is valid. When Real Madrid started building their reputation as the club that “players dream of joining” they did it by offering a what other clubs were not willing to pay. Figo is the most symbolic signing of that project because they signed him from Barcelona.

So instead of looking at the negatives. Let’s look at the pros. Great job by INEOS, when you consider the previous regime couldn’t convince Klopp to join us. And it’s a great way for us to establish our own reputation as the club that can beat RM to players. Of course we need to start winning titles.
When I have been negative? Please point to a post where I say we cannot sign him? I just said we have to blow their bid out of the water. How’s that negative? Just a realistic assessment of the market.

Weird to single me out. I’m deliriously happy we have him and like I pointed out it’s not my money anyway.

You would swear sometimes that these transfer fees are coming out of the caf members’ bank accounts with the moaning that happens.

No problem being a bit wary of putting our eggs into a relatively unknown basket. I can't wait to have him here, he's got the hallmarks of a work beater - but we also have some pretty glaring issues that need addressing now. Hopefully he can step up from the off, otherwise we'll need to bolster the defence further - I reckon we will do this, but another reason to be wary of price tags when everyone knows we're a bit limited on what we can spend.

Gotta love the Twitter lot and other media reporting the 70m without referring to any add ons.

Probably because they're predicting he'll play over 100 games for United, we'll win cups and the premier league with him thus paying out the full bonuses :smirk:

To me the ideal scenario is that he develops and grows into the central defender who all think he will be, and sell to Madrid, Bayern or PSG in 4 years for £100 million. Then rinse and repeat.
No offense that's just stupid no Club of United's size wants to sell a great player at his peak unless their hand is forced .

I don't think you have thought this through at all .

It’s unbelievable. Like a dark cloud looming over what was a disbelieving but upbeat thread just 24hrs ago.

He's definitely being brought in to be 1st choice alongside Licha. I'm very excited to watch him play for us. He's pretty much universally seen as the best young defender in the world. 4 years younger than Branthwaite.

Instead of spending big money and wages on a De Ligt or Branthwaite, why not bring in young Aaron Anselmino from Boca who we've been linked with? The price would be basically nothing and he could benefit from some cup games. We'd still have Evans, Shaw and maybe Maguire if we keep him for squad depth. Can invest the extra funds in other positions.

Yoro with his Madrid pre-contract agreement.

mcgregor-ripping-paper.gif

It’s unbelievable. Like a dark cloud looming over what was a disbelieving but upbeat thread just 24hrs ago.
16th July “fingers crossed, we might get him lads? Good times are ahead. Gooooooooo…. Ineos!!”

17th July “How much?! We got rinsed, he’s only 18 and plays in a farmers league. Glazers Mk II. #Ratcliffeout”

Once again We are getting done in transfer market. This guy is not better than what We have and to play that money is not normal. We never learn.
Is this a joke? The guys 18 and better than both lindelof and Maguire. It shows how good he is that Madrid wanted him. Just like they signed Varane from the same country.

I don't think you know the meaning of the word "ideal".

Madrid were in for Van De Beek. City were in for Sanchez.

VDB could be worth way more than he is now had he joined Madrid instead of us. Surely he can carry a lot of the blame, but you cannot argue that we handled this right. No player can ever get in form playing 5 minutes every 3 weeks. (Take note of how Fergie handled players that struggled to settle - Brown, Fletcher, Forlan etc)

I think most fans would want to see the player sign for their club and what's important to them is the action on the pitch. But i'll be honest with you, €62m + €8m in add ons for a young 18 year old player with a year left on his deal is overpaying. Of course he's a huge talent and i'm personally very happy that he's going to join us but we've spent a very high sum for Leny Yoro.

Madrid wouldn't go anywhere near our bid and PSG went as far as putting in a €35m + €5m offer and wouldn't go higher per Loic Tanzi in the tweet below. We really need this kid to come good for us.

Madrid would not go near him because they were so certain they would get him for free next year. And when we made the bad - they had already signed Mbappe and Edrick so they probably couldn't afford to spend £50 million on Yoro.

It's always been negative. It's just gone from "Grrrr we'll never get him" to "Grrrr why are we getting him?" Standard stuff.

What's ridiculous about it ? Because it doesn't conform to western standards of normal ? Stupid ass posts.

Damn, that's a lot of aggression over hair.

You didn't even wait for him to respond to your first question.

Replace Casemiro with a young / quality DM and the spine of the team is suddenly looking in decent shape both in age and quality:

Martinez (26) - Yoro (18)
New DM - Mainoo (19)
Fernandes (29)
Hojlund (21) / Zirkzee (23)

It's not prime Barcelona but the foundations for a pretty good team are there, that's not including other young talents such as Garnacho and Amad who I feel will play a big part in the coming years. Squad was definitely due a refresh though.

Status
Not open for further replies.