Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still feels unreal. I'm surprised at the swiftness with which United moved, I dont recognise my club, used to pray for times like this :lol:

Getting the best young CB in the world for ~50M is amazing business.

Absolutely loving the bitterness coming from rival fan forums right now. We’re only signing him because we’re paying him half a million a week, and not to worry as we’ll ruin him anyway! A sudden change from the we’re skint and can’t attract top young talent, only old has beens narrative. :lol:

I'm so fecking excited for this one. He was the one player I was adamant about going into the summer of anyone we've even remotely been linked with. Getting him instantly makes this a 9/10 window regardless of who else we get the rest of the window.
Poured scorn on it myself, so very, very impressed we’ve landed an s-tier player. Genuinely thought that was beyond us in our current guise.

Massive statement signing for us.

Difficult one, he’s clearly one of the top talents in Europe but the problem is he will be Madrid bound during his prime if he comes good. We will be lucky to get 2 years of his prime and will have to retool again.

Still feels unreal. I'm surprised at the swiftness with which United moved, I dont recognise my club, used to pray for times like this :lol:

Getting the best young CB in the world for ~50M is amazing business.

United have outspent City, imagine what happens when competent sports people identify top targets and get them. When those players actually fit a system?

With his medical well underway that gives us time for the very important questions such as...what shirt number will he choose? :lol: :confused:

Difficult one, he’s clearly one of the top talents in Europe but the problem is he will be Madrid bound during his prime if he comes good. We will be lucky to get 2 years of his prime and will have to retool again.

I do find this view exhausting. People cry out for us to go for the best upcoming talents, we do that, and now you get these comments.

Aware of the white text but that final €20m does seem to be performance related add ons.

We never paid the full £60m for Martial, but if we do for this kid then I'm sure we'll be happy about it.
its 62m guaranteed and 8m in add ons, Ornstein's confirmed it, where did you get the 20m figure from?

I can sort of understand this thinking as we have a bad record with signing players from there but work should have been done to help the players settle rather than completely ignoring recommendations from South America. :lol:

Like you said, hopefully with Ratcliffe in now we see more signings from there. Yoro is a good start. We should be doing our best to convince the best young talents to join us.

I think what Chelsea are doing is something that will eventually bear fruit for them. I think Ratcliffe will know that competing with Chelsea and Man City is something that has to happen and i'm sure we will see us make even more high potential signings in the very near future. Even if we look at Arsenal, things started to improve once Josh Kroenke started to take a active role in improving things unlike his father who didn't seem to really care too much about winning.

As far as Yoro is concerned, we need to be patient with him because most players his age and in his position are still playing youth football. But I do think he will play a number of games this season and I do expect him to show us why he's amongst the highest rated young CBs in Europe.

Bit pricier than expected if the actual fee is 62m euros potentially rising to 70, then. Cuckhurst was right for once?

Always makes me chuckle when people add in "add ons" to try and inflate the price, because the add ons are only activated if the player is actually good (which in that case no one gives a feck).

If every transfer was us spending 30m +50m more in add ons that required the player to be put into the TOTY and Ballon D'or voting I'd happily take that anyways :lol:

Aware of the white text but that final €20m does seem to be performance related add ons.

We never paid the full £60m for Martial, but if we do for this kid then I'm sure we'll be happy about it.
€52m base fee with €10m euros add-ons based on number of appearances+ helping us win PL/qualify for CL + €8m Balon Dor clause is my headcanon and I'm not going to hear anymore on it. :lol:
Me thinks Rio Ferdinand is going to be the first one to unzip
I saw a video where he was practically begging Yoro to sign for us. He's as much of a muppet as all of us. :lol:

Absolutely loving the bitterness coming from rival fan forums right now. We’re only signing him because we’re paying him half a million a week, and not to worry as we’ll ruin him anyway! A sudden change from the we’re skint and can’t attract top young talent, only old has beens narrative. :lol:
They. Are. Worried.

It happened once
It happened once… while we were still a force in world football.

We haven’t been for some time and when have we last had an up and coming world class player who would be poachable?

Real Madrid have made it their business to target the best players, on their terms, and players want to go there.

Yoro will be good business but if he becomes one of the world’s best at 23/24 he won’t be here long after.

Or, he could now be completely soured against them after their statement basically telling him to F-off if he expects them to pay for him. He surely can’t feel important to them now.

We haven’t been for some time and when have we last had an up and coming world class player who would be poachable?

Real Madrid have made it their business to target the best players, on their terms, and players want to go there.

Yoro will be good business but if he becomes one of the world’s best at 23/24 he won’t be here long after.
and if that is the case, he will sell for a hell of a lot of money

Does anyone else think he looks a bit like Roger from Sister Sister?

... Just me then
Holy throwback :lol:

You're spot on

actor-marques-houston-209064_small.jpg

Glass half full kind of guy, aren't you?

I'm getting a good laugh out of Romano just saying what Ornstein is saying after Ornstein says it.

Romano doesn't give a feck :lol:

I mean, if something becomes ‘news’, is it only one journalist who is supposed to report it? If we actually sign Yoro, is Ornstein the only person supposed to report it.

€52m base fee with €10m euros add-ons based on number of appearances+ helping us win PL/qualify for CL + €8m Balon Dor clause is my headcanon and I'm not going to hear anymore on it. :lol:
Wouldnt be surprised if this is true. 42M base + 10M achievable addons + 6M difficult ones like PL/CL trophy.

I do find this view exhausting. People cry out for us to go for the best upcoming talents, we do that, and now you get these comments.
It’s not a problem, if he goes and we lock him in strong contracts we will get a premium. It’s the correct transfer strategy, but he is a player that should he reach his potential is a long term risk for squad building.

Looks like an exciting talent. But 62M fee with 1 year contract left, is just extremely bad business. Typical something the old board will do and been criticized for.

I think what Chelsea are doing is something that will eventually bear fruit for them. I think Ratcliffe will know that competing with Chelsea and Man City is something that has to happen and i'm sure we will see us make even more high potential signings in the very near future. Even if we look at Arsenal, things started to improve once Josh Kroenke started to take a active role in improving things unlike his father who didn't seem to really care too much about winning.

As far as Yoro is concerned, we need to be patient with him because most players his age and in his position are still playing youth football. But I do think he will play a number of games this season and I do expect him to show us why he's amongst the highest rated young CBs in Europe.
Completely agree. I agree we need to be patient with Yoro . I made a similar point yesterday in another thread. It will be way too much pressure on him way too soon if he's a starting CB for us right away.

I would want both. Yoro will be eaten alive by both the pundits and even our fans if he has bad games as our starting CB. Wouldn't matter if he was 18. I've seen the clusterfeck of Hojlunds thread from last year. I would like Yoro to be a rotation option with another experienced CB for couple of years and then take over the starting spot if he becomes absolutely undroppable. We would have enough games in a season to keep both happy anyways.

The transfer keeps changing every time I refresh. It's 70m EUR now !?

Status
Not open for further replies.