Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Yoro will be the perfect partner to Martinez. Martinez will play the aggressive role, pushing up high to take the duels Vidic-style. Yoro plays the more passive role, covering the space behind with Ferdinand-style. Hopefully this means that we avoided the De Ligt situation. If we are bringing in another CB in addition to Yoro, I would rather take a backup to Martinez who can also be backup at left back.

Looks a lanky fecker. Will probably have to fill out a bit next season but he's 18 so plenty of time for that. Interesting to see how we line up if we also bring in de Ligt.

definitely was not expecting to wake up and see that they've already booked the medical and he's already on his way to manchester to get it done and over the line

unreal!!! this new lot aren't fecking around anymore like that cork sucker predecessor who would nickle and dime you to death just to lose the transfer

however....until it's announced by United's twitter or main website i'm not unzipping anything just so madrid doesn't try to nick it at the last minute

Jones? Tbf, United went for some unproven teenagers in Fergies time, although not usually defenders. With varying degrees of sucess.
Phil Jones was the most highly rated young defender in England at the time and was already a starter for Blackburn.
It was pretty much a no brainer signing.

Never seen Yoro play but thankfully we have hundreds of people here who are avid followers of the French League to make me feel swell about this transfer.

So, welcome to Manchester United young Lenin Yoro, do well and prosper.

Yoro Martinez and hopefully De Ligt.

Sell Maguire for a bit of resale value and keep Evans plus Lindelof (as he will only fetch a small fee) and I think we are good at the back.

If we do manage to get De Ligt too I reckon we have one of the best defences in the league

:p To be honest especially given how Smalling was/is rated here I feel like it was a severely wide of the mark comparison and that I dont need to supply data because most people would recognize the difference on the ball in 2 seconds of watching them. The poster may simply have meant purely in terms of defending as well.
I more meant compared to potential signings as well as current top-rated CB’s. Might give some peace of mind, even.

We still need De Ligt. We'll regret not getting him if we don't. Nailed on starter and leader. Yaro can't be expected to start if he's nowhere near ready.

I agree we should be making better use of our scouting in South America. In the past I did read stuff about the South American scouts recommending players who were constantly turned down by Jim Lawlor who was in a very senior scouting role at the club. It was felt that Lawlor was of the opinion that South American players struggled to settle in England. Lawlor has since gone and we now have a new recruitment structure at the top of the chain which will hopefully make a difference with Ratcliffe's backing.
I can sort of understand this thinking as we have a bad record with signing players from there but work should have been done to help the players settle rather than completely ignoring recommendations from South America. :lol:

Like you said, hopefully with Ratcliffe in now we see more signings from there. Yoro is a good start. We should be doing our best to convince the best young talents to join us.

Do they board know it's not late August yet? What's up with all the transfer dealings. Feels weird!

Pffft, I have made up my mind that the fee is €62m and would be using it when discussing this transfer going forward as that extra €8m is a Balon Dor clause.
Always makes me chuckle when people add in "add ons" to try and inflate the price, because the add ons are only activated if the player is actually good (which in that case no one gives a feck).

If every transfer was us spending 30m +50m more in add ons that required the player to be put into the TOTY and Ballon D'or voting I'd happily take that anyways :lol:

Phil Jones was the most highly rated young defender in England at the time and was already a starter for Blackburn.
It was pretty much a no brainer signing.

Never seen Yoro play but thankfully we have hundreds of people here who are avid followers of the French League to make me feel swell about this transfer.

So, welcome to Manchester United young Lenin Yoro, do well and prosper.
Yoro is the most highly rated young defender in Europe, more or less, and is already a starter for Lille. It is pretty much a no-brainer signing.

I hope Yoro will go on to have the success Jones never had here. I remember how much promise Jones had in his first season, it was so exciting. There was one moment against Tottenham in his first season where he caught up with a prime Gareth Bale who was in on goal and slid in perfectly to stop a certain goal. I feel really bad for him, having turned into a meme by the end.

"improvablesides"?

This kid is so good they're having to make up words to describe him.

Always admire some slippery composure as well.
To be one of these twitter scouts, you always have to use certain weird phrases. Ball striking, improvablesides, field tilt etc. - the list goes on.

Wonder if he will play RB some games with Ligt and Martinez at CB and Shaw left back to settle him in. With AWB going has well.

Interesting. I do not know much about him, but I guess you have to be patience, since he is only 18 and plays as central defender.

I'm getting a good laugh out of Romano just saying what Ornstein is saying after Ornstein says it.

Romano doesn't give a feck :lol:

Pffft, I have made up my mind that the fee is €62m and would be using it when discussing this transfer going forward as that extra €8m is a Balon Dor clause.
Aware of the white text but that final €20m does seem to be performance related add ons.

We never paid the full £60m for Martial, but if we do for this kid then I'm sure we'll be happy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.