Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what amazing news to wake up to. I went to sleep yesterday thinking it'll be communicado official and it'll be all over by today!

I thought I loved INEOS but this is just next level operation

FdJ gang in the mud

Hope the Di Maria gang will be soon as well

You absolutely cannot sign a pre-contract before January 1st.
Great addition to the squad, love the player. But let’s not kid ourselves. He came because we offered him, Lille and his agent a bucket load more of money than penny pinching Madrid.

This has not been clarified and I would be surprised with INEOS if this was the case. Maybe it was the fact Real Madrid were offering Lille around half we were so he aided in ensuring Lille were fully compensated rather than get nothing.

This popped-up on my phone as a notification over the sat nav I was following this morning and immediately took a wrong turn from the surprise :lol:

The question is is De Ligt off now because of Ten Hag's left-footed CB obsession?

Pfffft. Woodward would've sealed the Branthewaite deal with a record breaking bid by now.

This popped-up on my phone as a notification over the sat nav I was following this morning and immediately took a wrong turn from the surprise :lol:

If I had transfer news popping up on my carplay I would be crashing 3 cars a week.

Born November 2005 and signing for United. That’s crazy.

When the 2010s kids start rolling in that will be the end for me...owari da :lol:

Amass is March 2007 and might get minutes next season...Yamal July 2007...

Oh don't get me wrong, Yoro is a guy even FM players like me have known for at least a year. It's not like he's a completely unknown entity.

I only wanted to praise the negotiations as it seems like they are in a hurry to get it done. For me this feels like the time when Real signed Camavinga. He has been known as one of the best midfield talents for at least a couple of years before Real signed and they did so with virtually little competition. It's good that we are competing for big talents like this and are actually trying to convince them to join us rather than letting other clubs have free runs.

I hope we make better use of our South American network next. Lots of potential there for signings good players on the cheap and Chelsea are already knee deep in it signing players and loaning them to Strasbourg. Also, City signing Echeverri and Alvarez with little competition stings a bit too.
I agree mate. All i'm saying is that the football structure as far as analysing and identifying players is still the same from 2023. The big difference is that Ratcliffe has replaced Joel Glazer. I'm sure Ashworth will play his part along with Omar Berrarda in the mid to long-term but Ratcliffe's role as the owner has the potential to make the biggest impact imo.

I agree we should be making better use of our scouting in South America. In the past I did read stuff about the South American scouts recommending players who were constantly turned down by Jim Lawlor who was in a very senior scouting role at the club. It was felt that Lawlor was of the opinion that South American players struggled to settle in England. Lawlor has since gone and we now have a new recruitment structure at the top of the chain which will hopefully make a difference with Ratcliffe's backing.

You absolutely cannot sign a pre-contract before January 1st.
Great addition to the squad, love the player. But let’s not kid ourselves. He came because we offered him, Lille and his agent a bucket load more of money than penny pinching Madrid.
Figo left Barca because real offered him more money.

Choosing us over waiting for Madrid/Liverpool, and his first experience of us is likely to have been watching Moyes get the job and signing Fellaini on deadline day. We are massive.

Real Madrid in their most successful era ever got bullied by Manchester United in their banter era

They are just being sensible. I said it yesterday. After Mbappe and given the players they already have, they weren’t going to write a blank cheque. They are very well run. We need to take risks to close the gap. That’s all this is. We need the player more and we’ve turned the players head.

Young Ferdinand vibes?
He goes to ground way too often for direct comparisons to Rio, he also isn’t as skillful on the ball our coming out of the back into midfield, but there are a lot of striking similarities, and over time, some of the weaker parts of Yoro’s game should be ironed out.

Lots of Rolls Royce vibes.

They are just being sensible. I said it yesterday. After Mbappe and given the players they already have, they weren’t going to write a blank cheque. They are very well run. We need to take risks to close the gap. That’s all this is. We need the player more and we’ve turned the players head.
They will probably get Alphonso Davies on a free next summer and maybe Trent from Liverpool on a free. I don't think they will be too concerned about missing out on Yoro.

The unspoken line is that if this works well enough for fecking Mbappe, it's good enough for you.

Fair enough but it would be funny if teams started targeting the soon to be free agents that Real have on their radar in the future to take advantage of their strategy :lol:

Majority of clubs would much rather sell for as much as they can while they can for their top talent rather than having them wind down their contracts to join somewhere like Madrid for free

Fair enough but it would be funny if teams started targeting the soon to be free agents that Real have on their radar in the future to take advantage of their strategy :lol:

Majority of clubs would much rather sell for as much as they can while they can for their top talent rather than having them wind down their contracts to join somewhere like Madrid for free

It mostly works as a strategy as Madrid have incredible pull but obviously other teams can swoop in and just pay a fee. By trying to nab players on frees or cheaply they'll pay higher salaries which is OK if it works out but can make it a pain to shift bad signings.

I doubt losing Yoro will hurt them much.

The unspoken line is that if this works well enough for fecking Mbappe, it's good enough for you.

I mean, it's kind of a shitty message. It's basically screw all the other teams, we won't pay for your players.

Is it? Did Fergie ever spend big on some as yet unproven teenage defender? No one's springing to mind.
Jones? Tbf, United went for some unproven teenagers in Fergies time, although not usually defenders. With varying degrees of sucess.

Surprised you haven’t been in with your much welcomed side by side data comparison sets!

:p To be honest especially given how Smalling was/is rated here I feel like it was a severely wide of the mark comparison and that I dont need to supply data because most people would recognize the difference on the ball in 2 seconds of watching them. The poster may simply have meant purely in terms of defending as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.