Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play. Was wrong on Yoro. Still can’t stand Howson, Goldbridge, UtdPeople and other major channels. May be I’m too old.

It's fine if you can't stand them, understandable.. But I'd then assume you don't watch them, which makes your previous challenge pretty odd.

If you don't watch them because you can't stand them, why would you be so sure that he's not been spoken about?

I've seen him spoken about for months, it's pretty much the only reason I've kept an ear out over the second half of the season because it certainly isn't due to me regularly watching Lille.

How many pages did the Zirkzee thread get to once deal was complete? I miss the days of 1k page threads, oh the emotion :drool:

Yea, another poster mentioned Matt Hargreaves too. Fair fecks to him too along with the others.

I'm curious, how do you determine which scouts are assigned to specific regions?
I'll be honest with you mate, there isn't anything special as far as signing Leny Yoro goes. He's a well known young player with huge potential and it ultimately comes down to the backing you receive from the very top. Ratcliffe has provided that and these guys will do the rest. The likes of Hargreaves as the transfer negotiator with Dominic Jordan running the analytics along with Mayorga, De Sisti and Simon Wells leading the recruitment. All of this has happened in the last few years and these guys are the most crucial people as far as analysing and identifying transfer targets.

I can provide you the link via The Athletic if you want it but it was mentioned that Simon Wells runs the recruitment in England where he's in charge of identifying players domestically and Jose Mayorga and Marco De Sisti are in charge of various European leagues with Mayorga having France as one of the countries under his remit.

How many pages did the Zirkzee thread get to once deal was complete? I miss the days of 1k page threads, oh the emotion :drool:

900 pages of those were people either getting excited or complaining about the number of pages the thread was on though. Another 50 were asking why we didnt act quickly like other big clubs :lol:

He could've signed a pre contract with Real and moved for free next year. Clearly Inneos mean business and a it's great sign we're convincing players it'll be the place to be very soon.

Last edited:
It's fine if you can't stand them, understandable.. But I'd then assume you don't watch them, which makes your previous challenge pretty odd.

If you don't watch them because you can't stand them, why would you be so sure that he's not been spoken about?

I've seen him spoken about for months, it's pretty much the only reason I've kept an ear out over the second half of the season because it certainly isn't due to me regularly watching Lille.
This is exactly the reason I was wrong on Yoro, I don’t watch them. The reason I don’t watch them because I used to watch them and made my conclusions :)

After knowing this player for several days now I'm excited about this signing. I have noticed through my rigorous scouting that he plays with the name Teddy Smith on under his squad number so that could explain the high fee.

We need pace in defense. A very good window so far for United.

There was also €6m we received from Benfica for Carreras and the almost full packet of bacon fries we got from Girona for Van de Beek.

:lol: I did forget to account for the bacon fries..

I know how it works but that's not how the £50m 'budget' is referred to (which is simply purchases less sales).

You're dreaming if you think we'll be spending £300m+

I don't think we will as we only have a limit we can spend according to FFP and that "£300m +" figure doesn't include the amount we are still accounting for on prior season transfers which I would assume would be 9 figures.

Never in doubt. Even Woodward would have gotten this one over the line at £90M and on £300k wages, but still

I'll be honest with you mate, there isn't anything special as far as signing Leny Yoro goes. He's a well known young player with huge potential and it ultimately comes down to the backing you receive from the very top. Ratcliffe has provided that and these guys will do the rest. The likes of Hargreaves as the transfer negotiator with Dominic Jordan running the analytics with Mayorga, De Sisti and Simon Wells leading the recruitment. All of this has happened in the last few years and these guys are the most crucial people as far as analysing and identifying transfer targets.

I can provide you the link via The Athletic if you want it but if was mentioned that Simon Wells runs the recruitment in England where he's in charge of identifying players domestically and Jose Mayorga and Marco De Sisti are in charge of various European leagues with Mayorga having France as one of the countries under his remit.
Oh don't get me wrong, Yoro is a guy even FM players like me have known for at least a year. It's not like he's a completely unknown entity.

I only wanted to praise the negotiations as it seems like they are in a hurry to get it done. For me this feels like the time when Real signed Camavinga. He has been known as one of the best midfield talents for at least a couple of years before Real signed and they did so with virtually little competition. It's good that we are competing for big talents like this and are actually trying to convince them to join us rather than letting other clubs have free runs.

I hope we make better use of our South American network next. Lots of potential there for signings good players on the cheap and Chelsea are already knee deep in it signing players and loaning them to Strasbourg. Also, City signing Echeverri and Alvarez with little competition stings a bit too.

Seems to me like a Chris Smalling clone with the potential to be even more dominant. Smalling was a defensive beast who’d have shone in the game ten years prior. The transition to ball-playing centre-backs at the time rendered him not as effective as he’d have been in the 1990s and early 2000s.

Yoro looks as raw as Smalling was in those clips. Let’s hope we can get him to be as commanding on the ball as he looks without it.

Seems to me like a Chris Smalling clone with the potential to be even more dominant. Smalling was a defensive beast who’d have shone in the game ten years prior. The transition to ball-playing centre-backs at the time rendered him not as effective as he’d have been in the 1990s and early 2000s.

Yoro looks as raw as Smalling was in those clips. Let’s hope we can get him to be as commanding on the ball as he looks without it.

Nah he's a lot better on the ball, particularly able to dribble his way out of pressure. Almost midfielderish

I don’t know much about the player but I’m still excited considering how highly he seems to be rated. I really hope we can get De Ligt as well to really bolster our defence.

Like a young Wan-Bissaka :drool:

Young Ferdinand vibes?

From Fedinand, through AWB to Smalling in a few posts.

Alright is this on purpose now?

I feel like I'm in the Truman Show and everyone is in on the Smalling revisionism joke except me.

He could've signed a pre contract with Real and moved for free next year. Clearly Inneos mean business and a it's great sign we're convincing players it'll be the place to be very soon.
You absolutely cannot sign a pre-contract before January 1st.
Great addition to the squad, love the player. But let’s not kid ourselves. He came because we offered him, Lille and his agent a bucket load more of money than penny pinching Madrid.

Waiting for the people who were previously “he’ll never choose United over Madrid” to switch to “Madrid didn’t want him”

As someone who believed we’d get him, I’m chuffed we’ve signed a player Madrid clearly wanted and someone who is apparently a great young CB . Credit to INEOS.

I rated Smalling, but this one was posted earlier and it's not quite something I'd expect from Mike:

Still haven't signed and there we no flights from Lille to Manchester today. But there was one flight from Madrid to Lille, private jet.

If they were put off by spending 62m euro's on a defender. Dont think thwy will have much luck with Sailba

Same tactics to get players to run down their contract. His current deal runs another 3 years. They could sign him for pretty cheap if he doesn't sign a new contract in 1-2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.