Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

I hope we can tie up the Yoro deal soon and I do like the idea of Hancko as the LCB/LB. But I think a potential deal for Jorrel Hato would also be good and would set us up nicely in the mid to long-term.
Hato would be another stunning prospect but I think he’s not got the same physical level as Yoro currently. Which would mean I think he’d be more playing LB than LCB for us. He’s technically superb for his age though and would be a lovely Ying to Yoro’s Yang in terms of physical and technical abilities.

Hancko for me would be more LCB than LB and I think we’d want a bit of that experience and maturity that he’d bring even though Hato is mature for his age he does suffer from poorer positioning at times. His decision making on the ball though is generally excellent.

Seems a big lad. Should do fine in the PL.
777-FC278-7217-49-DD-9773-96-FC64979-D17.jpg

:lol:

Romano is not a native speaker and I feel like a lot of what he means isn’t translated properly to what he writes. I think he just means is the expectation from most was that Yoro would end up joining Real before United came knocking

They had a 20m bid rejected last month and reports last night said they were coming in with a new bid today
I've read Romano's tweet completely wrong. He was talking about us wanting to avoid a hijack and not us hijacking this deal. Which is fair enough.

Any clue as to why in Norway? Are we chasing a player from there?
They were there for our pre-season game. Nothing more to it really. I wouldn't assume they would be working on transfers while there.

Not quite, we ammortize transfer fee's in don't forget so:

Guaranteed Fee's
Greenwood: £26.7m
Kambwala: £9.6m

(Source: Independant)

Guaranteed Cost's
Zirkzee: £35.8m (Over 3 years Bologna have agreed to receive the cash but accounting wise it will be over 5 years lenght of contract) --> £7.16m this year
Yoro: £52m (Over 5 years) --> £10.4m

Balance: £18.74m negative (i.e. More sales than cost due to the fact we had no balance sheet value for either Greenwood or Kambwala) so to get to a £50m net, we could effectively spend around £68m net this year still, which if we assume they are all over 5 years amounts to £340m.

None of this takes into account of course how much space we have based off previous transfers we are still accounting for in the ledger.
I know how it works but that's not how the £50m 'budget' is referred to (which is simply purchases less sales).

You're dreaming if you think we'll be spending £300m+

Not quite, we ammortize transfer fee's in don't forget so:

Guaranteed Fee's
Greenwood: £26.7m
Kambwala: £9.6m

(Source: Independant)

Guaranteed Cost's
Zirkzee: £35.8m (Over 3 years Bologna have agreed to receive the cash but accounting wise it will be over 5 years lenght of contract) --> £7.16m this year
Yoro: £52m (Over 5 years) --> £10.4m

Balance: £18.74m negative (i.e. More sales than cost due to the fact we had no balance sheet value for either Greenwood or Kambwala) so to get to a £50m net, we could effectively spend around £68m net this year still, which if we assume they are all over 5 years amounts to £340m.

None of this takes into account of course how much space we have based off previous transfers we are still accounting for in the ledger.

There was also €6m we received from Benfica for Carreras and the almost full packet of bacon fries we got from Girona for Van de Beek.

Makes me laugh how Everton are unhappy with us.
Braithwaithe is never a 70/80mill player. We made a fair offer, they were too greedy, move on.

60 million for a 18-year-old CB with only 1 year of professionnal football and 1 year left on his contract is madness. For that price tag he better be the next Varane.

French players are extremely overrated and way too expensive as a consequence. I was reading transfer news and saw that Diaby could go to Saudi Arabia. They said he cost Villa 55 million. Absurd. It reminded me of the best scams involving french players, like PSG paying 95 million for Muani or Barcelona buying Dembele for 130. And there are many more.

Villa bought Diaby last summer for €55m which is £46m. If he does go to Saudi, the fee is reportedly £60m so they'll have turned a £14m profit.

It's not more though is it? We've apparently offered 50+12 for Yoro but that's in €.

That works out at about £52m, including the add ons.

Everton supposedly turned down a deal that could have totalled £55m.

So somebody is talking bollocks.
I think United offered £45+5M so that's €59.55m, for Yoro it's €50+12M, so £52M, so technically it's 2m more, not that much and obviously cheaper upfront fees €50M for Yoro vs £45M, seems like bs report by Lukhurst

Just seeing the news now on my lunch break. Feckin brilliant if we get this over the line. Top prospect, and another addition to our talented group of youngsters.
Get Joao Neves as well and it will be like the new Busby Babes

Holy shit. Fair fecks to INEOS. They are actually getting this done.

All of Berrada/Ashworth/Wilcox were in Norway just a day ago. Is this Vivell pushing the negotiations?
Vivell isn't someone who would be involved in negotiations. Matt Hargreaves is the go to guy for that and the ground work as far as the signing is concerned from a scouting capacity has likely been overseen by Jose Mayorga who is in charge of covering France from what we know since the summer of 2023.

Good start to the transfer window if we get this one through. Hopefully a few more to follow in defence and midfield.

Fee for Leny Yoro's deal is €50m guaranteed fee, €5m easy add-ons, and €7m difficult add-ons

Yet every outlet in UK will report £52m up front

Hato would be another stunning prospect but I think he’s not got the same physical level as Yoro currently. Which would mean I think he’d be more playing LB than LCB for us. He’s technically superb for his age though and would be a lovely Ying to Yoro’s Yang in terms of physical and technical abilities.

Hancko for me would be more LCB than LB and I think we’d want a bit of that experience and maturity that he’d bring even though Hato is mature for his age he does suffer from poorer positioning at times. His decision making on the ball though is generally excellent.
Completely agree. I also don't think he's physically ready for the EPL as things stand. I think Hancko is someone we should take a chance on and he wouldn't cost a lot. I feel his ability to cover both LCB/LB at a potentially good level could make him a fantastic rotation option for both Martinez and Shaw.

Fee for Leny Yoro's deal is €50m guaranteed fee, €5m easy add-ons, and €7m difficult add-ons

Yet every outlet in UK will report £52m up front

According to who? Ornstein who broke the story says it's an initial €62million which is £52m.

Vivell isn't someone who would be involved in negotiations. Matt Hargreaves is the go to guy for that and the ground work as far as the signing is concerned from a scouting capacity has likely been overseen by Jose Mayorga who is in charge of covering France from what we know since the summer of 2023.
Yea, another poster mentioned Matt Hargreaves too. Fair fecks to Matt too along with the others.

I'm curious, how do you determine which scouts are assigned to specific regions?

Villa bought Diaby last summer for €55m which is £46m. If he does go to Saudi, the fee is reportedly £60m so they'll have turned a £14m profit.

Only because Saudi clubs are willing to overpay, in transfer fees and/or salaries. No other club would bid even close to what Villa paid for him, see the names I mentionned. Great business for Villa this.

United starting with Z and working their way back through the alphabet this summer. It’s a bold strategy but one that could pay off

A french and argentinian cb partnership. That could be interesting with recent news.

Status
Not open for further replies.