Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzzing doesnt cover it, no idea if hes any good but if madrid were in for him and we won, well Im amazed.

Imagine if were half decent. Anyway they've still got Mbappe potentially sticking this place out.

They're already saying 62m is too much for an 18 year old, just because they've already spent their money on others...:lol: And also that he isn't that great either, after all.

It somehow wasn't too much for an even younger and less proven Endrick...and they'll probably sign another one in Mastantuono for a similar fee.

Their insecurity despite being the greatest and biggest club ever, whilst having enjoyed their most successful era of all time for over a decade now, as well as having just signed the best player in the world a few weeks ago....is astounding.

If he has the choice, it's likely to be 1.Madrid 2. PSG 3. Liverpool 4. Man Utd.

It seems like a very speculative offer.

Manchester United just has a different kind of motion. clout. presence. je ne sais quoi.

Big dog, big nuts.

Or Xena Warrior Princess for the women’s side?
Could use a bit of fight!
Funnily enough, I think we’ll sign Ugarte too :lol: So we need to sign someone with W and V. Does Van nistelrooy count? And resign Wout?
I'll take Van nistelrooy. I'm going to search for the best left backs for W, this is the kind of conspiracy theory I can get on board with.

Some interesting videos.

Despite being on the muppet train and name dropping many times, I did have my reservations about how much is hype and based on projected potential. It's why I was fairly keen on the Branthwaite transfer as you simply need athletic ability in the PL. That's not to say Yoro can't develop that going forward.

If these videos are fairly representative of his style in 1 vs 1 situations then I hope de Ligt is also another signing. For a 18 year old, I like his general positioning and effort but he's obviously getting done a lot by diving in and overestimating his ability to nick a ball/being strong enough to withstand shoulder to shoulder contact on the turn. If he's to come in and be a project, then all good. If as a first teamer alongside Martinez then we better reign in the expectations.

However, I don't think that will be the case and we will be getting two CBs.

some very suspect defining of 1v1s there :lol:

According to Goldbridge signing Yoro instead of De Ligt should give ETH a free pass in case United failed to make it to top 4

Small time.

I like this from United, Liverpool happy to play second fiddle to Madrid to not get caught up in a bidding war because he fancies Madrid.
United rock up before Madrid slap a fat wad of cash on the table and get the business done (seemingly).
First come, first served!!
Showing Liverpool up and beating Madrid to the punch.

Funnily enough, I think we’ll sign Ugarte too :lol: So we need to sign someone with W and V. Does Van nistelrooy count? And resign Wout?
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger.

Alan Varela and Florian Wirtz will be here by August.

Some interesting videos.

Despite being on the muppet train and name dropping many times, I did have my reservations about how much is hype and based on projected potential. It's why I was fairly keen on the Branthwaite transfer as you simply need athletic ability in the PL. That's not to say Yoro can't develop that going forward.

If these videos are fairly representative of his style in 1 vs 1 situations then I hope de Ligt is also another signing. For a 18 year old, I like his general positioning and effort but he's obviously getting done a lot by diving in and overestimating his ability to nick a ball/being strong enough to withstand shoulder to shoulder contact on the turn. If he's to come in and be a project, then all good. If as a first teamer alongside Martinez then we better reign in the expectations.

However, I don't think that will be the case and we will be getting two CBs.

He’s still very raw, can’t expose him week in, week out in the Premier League yet. Gets caught with his bodyweight on one foot and dives in a bit too much, duelling is all about timing and footwork, that comes with experience so it’s no surprise he’s not the finished product yet in that aspect of the game.

I imagine he’ll do a lot of work with Jonny Evans and we’ll buy another CB.

What a difference it could make when you have right people doing the job.

Come on Ashworth, Berrada take this over the line now.

All good, I should have made clear what I was replying to in fairness!

This could in theory still be hijacked, but fair play to United for even putting us in a position where it's almost done dealio. Woke up this morning still fully assuming he was off to Real.

Thank feck that it's not rumbling on all summer though, makes a nice change for sagas to be a week long!
Really wont be missing the god awful slow transfers windows with Woodward and Judge needing a whole summer to get in 1 target. :lol:
Amad on RW :devil:
I really hope we will see Garnacho and Amad ahead of Rashford and Sancho/Antony this season! :nervous:

I'm stunned and excited we got him. I just hope we don't expect him to be a 30+ games starter in season 1. We need De Ligt for this to make sense. Yoro is all about unlimited potential. Are we really expecting him to play every PL game? Because Evans should barely feature, Lindelof is shopping for a new home and Maguire is a "break the glass" desperate option that just doesn't fit ETH system.

Get Yoro, but there has to be more.

I'm not so sure more than De Ligt. De Ligt is a far more known entity, Hancko coming from the Eredivisie and Branthwaite about to be exposed a lot more than in a very defensive Dyche team. Yoro + one of them means good for the long term future, but I'm not so sure it's the best idea for a successful season next season.
I don’t think we’ll be successful in the sense of challenging for the league next season but the squad with Yoro and Branthwaite/Hancko would be far better positioned to move up the table and compete in Europa whilst realistically developing year on year.

In an ideal world you get all three and shift both Maguire and Lindelof.
Could use a bit of fight!

I'll take Van nistelrooy. I'm going to search for the best left backs for W, this is the kind of conspiracy theory I can get on board with.
Unless we go for the inverted W and sign an M?

He's already on his last chance. Top 4 this year (not 8th) or he will be sacked.

of course he is and that's how he should be. We're giving ETH two amazing young talent to work with. Top 4 should be a realistic target

Wow I’ve just woken up from a night shift, not bad news to wake up to. Signing a player who rejected Liverpool and Madrid for us. I’ll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.