Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckhurst is such a dickhead. Where did he get €70M from?
He’s also deliberately lumping everything together to make the fee look as high as possible. No upfront, No add ons, quoting the fee in euros etc. A dishonest journalist.

If we do spend that on Yoro I don’t see any way we spend a similar amount on De Ligt.

Surely makes more sense to spend on a new left back, ideally one who could also cover for LCB like Shaw

For those that have watched him more than highlight videos and the odd game, what is his reading of the game like? On highlight videos it obviously has a lot of his last ditch interventions, so he's constantly sliding in and ending up on his arse. Although I would say his slide tackle reminds me of AWB a lot in that his legs seem to extend from nowhere.

Maybe one of the most shocking transfers to United ever. Purely because Madrid were in for the player.

If we're this shocked.... imagine how Madrid are feeling right now!

Woooooooooooooo!!!!!

I’d rather sign De Ligt. This kid is 17 and we have no idea if he can make the step up or if he is injury prone.

Do you know the other thing, it's a statement signing from INEOS. No, not a big name...yet, but you've beaten Madrid to probably the most sought after young centre back signing on the market. It doesn't matter why or how you've beaten them, you have. And it's a position of real need, not a vanity signing. And that adds to the feel good factor going into the season, and just helps build up that momentum that's ever so important to do when there's been significant change at a club.
Hey hey fella, I'm not going to celebrate for real until he's in the shirt and they're drying the ink on the contract with a hairdryer!

Your point about INEOS and the guys they've put in charge still stands though. I wouldn't be surprised if their contacts in French football have helped get us into the serious mix for this transfer.

Will be very pleased if it does come off. I like both De Ligt and Branthwaite but this feels a much better use of resources and the kind of young player we should always be looking to sign.

Ah ok my bad mate :lol:

This excites me alot too! I am glad i was proven wrong that this was not a new Frenkie saga! :D

All good, I should have made clear what I was replying to in fairness!

This could in theory still be hijacked, but fair play to United for even putting us in a position where it's almost done dealio. Woke up this morning still fully assuming he was off to Real.

Thank feck that it's not rumbling on all summer though, makes a nice change for sagas to be a week long!

Real Madrid in their most successful era ever got bullied by Manchester United in their banter era

I like this a lot, mostly because I was extremely unexcited with the prospect of getting De Ligt and getting Yoro will mean no De Ligt

Yoro better be everything he is hyped to be, if we do that, however :)

As much as getting Yoro is exciting, it is also a huge gamble - he is very young and comes from a much weaker French league so, I am not sure how he can suddenly become a regular starter for us in premier league, right out of the gate...

Could you shed some light on his ball-playing or how he can help us to become a team that is more dominant and better in build-up? Is he physically dominant, which would help us play a higher defensive line?

For as great as Varane is, I always felt he massively held us back as a team. His lack of agression, responsibility with the ball made us more reactive than proactive. Though he's defensively great as an individual.

I prefer Maguire's style of being a CB, though the errors and lack of pace sometimes nullify his strengths.
He's a young CB that is still in the very early stages of his development as a CB, so patience will be required with him.

He's not at Martinez's level when it comes to progressing the ball and may never get to that level because Martinez is just elite in that regard. But what Yoro does have is the pace and athleticism along with fantastic poise and composure on the ball which allows him to remain calm when put under pressure. And his pace and athleticism allow him to defend on the front foot. He's a young player with a all-round skillset and even his aerial ability is strong for a young player and will improve further.

In the game today the back 3 is very common with alot of top teams where players invert to form a 3 man backline. And I think Yoro is someone who is perfectly suited to playing the backline commander role in the mid to long-term as the central CB. But he's still very young and I hope people don't have unrealistic expectations of him and I hope we sign another CB and a midfielder who is good at ball retention along with making forward passes. We lack that in this team and the more players we have who can retain the ball whilst progressing it at a good level, will make us a much stronger team in the build up phase which allows the team to dominate the game on the ball.

I think without Ratcliffe without we wouldn't have been able to sign him. There's been reports about us working on this deal since last year before INEOS even arrived. But I doubt we would've been able to sign him under the Glazer ownership because I'm not sure Joel Glazer would've sanctioned such a huge fee for a 18 year old CB. For me the credit for this goes to Ratcliffe and it does show that he's ambitious in wanting United to compete again. To sign him we had to spend big and it seems like Real Madrid were around €40m short of what we offered.

That's what we had to do hence the Lille president is said to have persuaded the player to join us because it helps Lille. The tweet below from a few days ago basically tells you the difference in ambition between the Glazer ownership and Ratcliffe.

I doubt there’s ever been such a quick turnaround in how a club (or any business) has been run. Ridiculously good.

Quite a few exclusives by Ornstein. Obviously a top journalist anyway but wonder if we’ve struck up some sort of informal agreement to use him for initial announcements.
Yeah, managing the narrative would be a part of the 'dark arts of transfer business'

I hope this guy is the next Rio or something! Tons of hype around him, but as a center back it's always hard to tell how they'll develop. One season in France is not a lotto be THIS confident of him being a worldie of a talent, but anyway. De Ligt had even more hype when he left Ajax for Juve, takes defenders longer typically to make that step up.

So is he a starter level right away? Or just a squad player and we'll still try to get De Ligt in? What makes him such an elite prospect?

Are we still getting De Ligt?
I sincerely hope we are. Yoro has so much potential but I don't see him adapting immediately to the EPL and forcing him to be a starter at 18 could be detrimental to his development IMHO. 27 year old Martinez and 25 year old Deligt ahead of him is perfect as the age gap is large enough that he can take over from one of them fully in 2 years when he is fully developed and ready.

Is he a starter? Reckon we'll get in another CB? Madness if we're able to move on Maguire, Varane, Lindelof and bring in Yoro and De Ligt.

If he ends up moving to Madrid in a few years it will be because he's done great for you. Enjoy it!

He’ll be moving there Mbappe style after rejecting a new contract and moving on a free no doubt

WOAH.. sounds like we've signed him.

Yoro and Martinez..

The new Rio and Vidic!

Status
Not open for further replies.