Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
All but confirms that our next signing will be Xavi Simons, as we work the alphabet backwards.

How is it going to be great news?
- 52M pounds
- 144K pounds/week

If he can’t fulfill the potential or even worse than we think, it’s difficult to sell the player again. The club never learnt from past mistake.

Gonna wait till it's official to get excited given it's Real.

It would worry me if he didn't favour Real right now! It will be up for us to get our shit together and be a competitive club again, and his mind might change overtime. It also might not and we might get a few years out of him and potentially profit off him, for some players Real is the ultimate goal and that's also fine. No real issues with this.
Exactly. It’s up to us to give players a reason, other than money, to be here. If we’ve achieved that, and he still wants to go, it’s a fantastic deal all round, regardless.

This signing is about setting us in the right direction across a multitude of fronts and it should be greeted with more euphoria than worrying about the Madrid end game, which may or may not happen - if this kid is the catalyst for more of the world’s highest touted youngsters to come here, he’ll have paid back some of his fee/worth immediately.

Huge signing for us.

Like that we are going for young, up and coming talents. Good switch from our «over-the-top» last paycheck signings of the last decade.

Seen videos of his positioning/tackling and long passing. Does anyone know about his aerial ability? Haven’t seen that displayed in any of the videos as far as i remember, but his frame and height should give him a good platform to perform from.

Conflicted on this.

On the one hand - the complete and utter perfect profile of signing a top club (which we still aspire to be) should be making. Signings like this are what have made Real Madrid so successful. A clear suggestion we are a serious club once more, owing much to the change in leadership already showing its benefits.

On the other hand, he presumably won’t plan to stick around for long. I suspect we will have this reflected in our negotiations. If he does turn out to be a top-class CB and we sell for £100m+ to Real Madrid, fine, we can double our money and replace him. But we need to make sure he doesn’t run his contract down and leave on a free, costing us £50m.

Who knows if he'll turn out quite that good, but I can't believe we might actually be doing the "if only we'd got Varane before Madrid" thing.

Wow...2 Good young players signing for relatively sane fees. Not sure what's going on here .
I know people want De Ligt as well but I would personally get a left back in so Shaw can cover LCB and the get a central midfielder and we will have had a solid window.
This is why Branthwaite or Hancko make sense next. Maybe more than De Ligt.

£42m is a steal if he reaches his potential and the add-ons would be worth it.

Cretins like Luckhurst already inflating it to €70m obviously.

Some interesting videos.

Despite being on the muppet train and name dropping many times, I did have my reservations about how much is hype and based on projected potential. It's why I was fairly keen on the Branthwaite transfer as you simply need athletic ability in the PL. That's not to say Yoro can't develop that going forward.

If these videos are fairly representative of his style in 1 vs 1 situations then I hope de Ligt is also another signing. For a 18 year old, I like his general positioning and effort but he's obviously getting done a lot by diving in and overestimating his ability to nick a ball/being strong enough to withstand shoulder to shoulder contact on the turn. If he's to come in and be a project, then all good. If as a first teamer alongside Martinez then we better reign in the expectations.

However, I don't think that will be the case and we will be getting two CBs.

Great content shared there, personally I wouldn't expect much better from an 18 year old in terms of reading the game, he for sure isn't anything near the finished article.

However I don't think it's anything to be too concerned about given his age and level of experience. I played amateur football and know it was night and day how much I understood, and how I could read the game at 21 compared to 18 as a centre back. Real Madrid don't seem too concerned about it either which is a decent sign.

fecking unbelievable that we got this signing done. Well done to all the full time Muppets and optimists. You were right!

Wish some of the United fans on here would show the same level of optimism as the oppo fans!

Do you know the other thing, it's a statement signing from INEOS. No, not a big name...yet, but you've beaten Madrid to probably the most sought after young centre back signing on the market. It doesn't matter why or how you've beaten them, you have. And it's a position of real need, not a vanity signing. And that adds to the feel good factor going into the season, and just helps build up that momentum that's ever so important to do when there's been significant change at a club.

This is why Branthwaite or Hancko make sense next. Maybe more than De Ligt.
I'm not so sure more than De Ligt. De Ligt is a far more known entity, Hancko coming from the Eredivisie and Branthwaite about to be exposed a lot more than in a very defensive Dyche team. Yoro + one of them means good for the long term future, but I'm not so sure it's the best idea for a successful season next season.

I think it's your boy Romano getting it wrong again. Ornstein said it's an initial 62m euros.

I hope we get to €70m because it would mean he realises his generational potential.

If this happens, the great thing about it is that the people running the club must have sold him a vision for the future. Which could mean good times are ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.