Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just like, my opinion, man.

All the drama surrounding the transfer and how hard he pushed ruined his status for me atleast. (And to top it of a second time when he cried on TV with piers morgan)

If other fans wants to **** over him be my guest.

Ah nah it was more in disbelief that this transfer is happening. I was convinced this was another FDJ situation, as per your original post.

Your opinion is fine mate, no qualms with it. I just hope we've done some due diligence here and we're not going to get Di Maria'd. He's only 18 so I think we should be fine, comes down to performances on the pitch now.

This transfer excites me though.

Really good news. Makes me laugh how some are worried about Madrid coming calling in a few years time. What does that mean, we should stick with the security of Lindelof and Maguire type signings... no fear of Madrid knocking for those.

Enjoy the excitement of a youth prospect developing his career here.

I completely agree with you mate, he isn’t a United legend.
Fantastic player and one of the best I’ve ever seen for the club, but he fecked over time and time again.

Excatly mate. Beeing a legend at a club can be someone who were loyal to the club always, not always the best player.

But of course he is a great player but doesnt automaticly give legend status for me.

Worries me that he favours Madrid as he could just be using us as a stepping stone but a great purchase nontheless
It would worry me if he didn't favour Real right now! It will be up for us to get our shit together and be a competitive club again, and his mind might change overtime. It also might not and we might get a few years out of him and potentially profit off him, for some players Real is the ultimate goal and that's also fine. No real issues with this.

If he ends up moving to Madrid in a few years it will be because he's done great for you. Enjoy it!
Stop worrying about Madrid hovering around 5 years from now, get the boy signed up and enjoy him while he's here.

Seems a very good capture, exactly the type of profile you should be targeting for a rebuild. Well done! :+1:
Wish some of the United fans on here would show the same level of optimism as the oppo fans!

Getting him for 50M pounds is great deal, just hope this doesnt affect the De Ligt deal. He is arguably the better player currently, and we need 2Cbs and experience at the back.

Let's go!! (I've never watched him, never watched clips of him but I'm just going to buy into the hype)

If Real comes knocking in 4 years it means he developed into one of the worlds top CB's, so yes please.

I know nothing about him as a player, heard somewhere he's not that comfortable with the ball at his feet or with passing?

Ah nah it was more in disbelief that this transfer is happening. I was convinced this was another FDJ situation, as per your original post.

Your opinion is fine mate, no qualms with it. I just hope we've done some due diligence here and we're not going to get Di Maria'd. He's only 18 so I think we should be fine, comes down to performances on the pitch now.

This transfer excites me though.

Ah ok my bad mate :lol:

This excites me alot too! I am glad i was proven wrong that this was not a new Frenkie saga! :D

As other users have pointed out, if Madrid are still after him in a few seasons' time it'll be because he's become a top-level centre back and with his age in mind we could then command an absolutely gigantic fee for him.

It is possible there could be a special clause inserted in his contract where Real Madrid are given some preferential rate in a would-be transfer in the future (one that doesn't end up with United making a loss, of course). Not saying there is, just that it's possible. But as I said before, a transfer wouldn't necessarily happen if United manage to turn fortunes around in the meantime.

Massive statement if it comes through.

Yes, we paid a lot more than what would be normal for a teenage player on his last year of contract but we had to when competing against Madrid's galactic sized black hole pull in this day and age. Huge statement from INEOS and the new staff. We're willing to go big to get who we want, damn the price.

In a couple years time when Peps gone we're gonna be back arent we. INEOS doing madness at the moment.

Thing is, with the de Ligt deal being 'relatively easy' to pull off, I still see us going back and just getting him too.

It is possible there could be a special clause inserted in his contract where Real Madrid are given some preferential rate in a would-be transfer in the future (one that doesn't end up with United making a loss, of course). Not saying there is, just that it's possible. But as I said before, a transfer wouldn't necessarily happen if United manage to turn fortunes around in the meantime.

United don't do release clauses. Ineos aren't going to start.

Hope we go for De Ligt as well. An injury to him or Martinez and we would be weak again. We need 3 top CBs, seeing our injuries there for the last decade.

Lindelöf has to go
Why not Braithwaite? De Ligt plays on the same side as Yoro.

I’m still nervous something will go wrong. But if this gets done this is the best young CB at market this summer.

Cracking potential signing if we pull it off.

Wow...2 Good young players signing for relatively sane fees. Not sure what's going on here .
I know people want De Ligt as well but I would personally get a left back in so Shaw can cover LCB and the get a central midfielder and we will have had a solid window.

Really good news. Makes me laugh how some are worried about Madrid coming calling in a few years time. What does that mean, we should stick with the security of Lindelof and Maguire type signings... no fear of Madrid knocking for those.

Enjoy the excitement of a youth prospect developing his career here.
It’s insane. All great players will inevitably attract Real and Barcelona, the only way to ensure they don’t is to just sign inferior players in the first place which is not the optimal strategy.

Hojlund, Garnacho, Mainoo and Yoro are an incredible young core to have. And then Amad might have a role to play for us from now on as well. And then we have Harry Amass who's probably going to play for the first team in the future. And then we have a lot more very exciting prospects in the academy. The future is looking very bright.

Liverpool fans are seething on Twitter that they didn’t go for him.

I've already come across a "Quansah is better and was free" comment :lol:

The tweet says still work to do.
It says 'still work to do but now close' and right at the end of the tweet, not in direct relation to the contract.

That just reads to me as typical Orny conservatism. He would never say something was 100% done until there's a picture of said player signing the contract.

Just the fact he's tweeted this shows how close it is. At the very least it shows Yoro is unlikely to see out the last year of his contract at Lille, so Madrid need to find the money from somewhere in the next 24 hours.

Get in there!! Buzzing about signing this guy. Is the De Ligt deal still on?

Luckhurst bullshitting as usual. Its 42M base+10M in addons.

Which is a great deal.

£42m + £10m add ons is solid business.

Add ons Im assuming will be largely achievable based on appearances mind. But even then I’d be delighted with it.

Really puts Branthwaite into perspective if we manage to secure this.

Status
Not open for further replies.