Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy, quite impressive. Not sure if I prefer him over de Ligt. Wonder if de Ligt will still happen.

He seems like the biggest CB talent in the world. I do wonder how his ball playing abilities are, not seen much of that.

Worries me that he favours Madrid as he could just be using us as a stepping stone but a great purchase nontheless

Worries me that he favours Madrid as he could just be using us as a stepping stone but a great purchase nontheless
Even if that's the case it means two things:

- He's done very well for us, hence Madrid still wanting him.
- We make a very tidy profit on a player for the first time in about 20 years.

If we get a good 4-5 years out of him before selling him for a ridiculous profit then I wouldn't be too mad.

Up to us to build a good enough team that we are no longer seen as a stepping stone.

Weird. How are we going to sign him ten years later and past his prime, now?

I don't like Romano toying with the "hijack" thing. Why can't he just say the thing!

If he's flying to UK today to take the medical etc, does that mean it can be done and completed today? Or does it usually take time beyond the medical?

As other users have pointed out, if Madrid are still after him in a few seasons' time it'll be because he's become a top-level centre back and with his age in mind we could then command an absolutely gigantic fee for him.

I like it, but I hope the boy doesn’t just up sticks and head off to Madrid on a free in his peak like a certain other Frenchman.

He’s young enough to come here, become the best and move on aged 23/24 for nothing!

Well blow me, I didn't think this deal would happen because of the lads seemingly want to play for Madrid but fair play. It's up to us now to build a team with him in it that's going to challenge not only domestically but in Europe as well if we are to keep the lad for the better part of his years.

As other users have pointed out, if Madrid are still after him in a few seasons' time it'll be because he's become a top-level centre back and with his age in mind we could then command an absolutely gigantic fee for him.

Yeah, I was just going to write this then your post popped up :D That's the least of problems.

I get what you're saying but I'd rather have a quality player than a big fee. Anything could change in that time, he might grow to love the club, especially if we pay him big wages to do cardio like most of our recent signings.

Stop worrying about Madrid hovering around 5 years from now, get the boy signed up and enjoy him while he's here.

Seems a very good capture, exactly the type of profile you should be targeting for a rebuild. Well done! :+1:

Stop worrying about Madrid hovering around 5 years from now, get the boy signed up and enjoy him while he's here.

Seems a very good capture, exactly the type of profile you should be targeting for a rebuild. Well done! :+1:
I mean what's the point of signing him if he's gonna die one day.

We've pulled a rabbit out of the hat here. Now let's hope Leny kills it.

I'd wait until it's official. But if it happens, it would be massive and very impressive by INEOS. Him leaving for Madrid in a few years isn't necessarily a given, if United become a serious club in the meantime.

But still need another CB.

That's just like, my opinion, man.

All the drama surrounding the transfer and how hard he pushed ruined his status for me atleast. (And to top it of a second time when he cried on TV with piers morgan)

If other fans wants to **** over him be my guest.

I completely agree with you mate, he isn’t a United legend.
Fantastic player and one of the best I’ve ever seen for the club, but he fecked over time and time again.

The overall fee is huge at €70m but that was the only way we could've got him. Madrid just weren't going to go close to that figure which is huge for a 18 year old CB. But our need was greater than there's and I have no issue with Ratcliffe shelling that much on a young player that does ticks all the boxes as far as what is required to play in a team that wants to initiate attacks from the back and defend from the front.

I hope it goes through because it'll be first for me where I bring up a player on the forum and then the club signs him.
Could you shed some light on his ball-playing or how he can help us to become a team that is more dominant and better in build-up? Is he physically dominant, which would help us play a higher defensive line?

For as great as Varane is, I always felt he massively held us back as a team. His lack of agression, responsibility with the ball made us more reactive than proactive. Though he's defensively great as an individual.

I prefer Maguire's style of being a CB, though the errors and lack of pace sometimes nullify his strengths.

And don't tell him that we have 2 Argentinian players in our squad ...

I'm beginning to think I might have to review my thoughts about this actually happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.