Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait so he's only 18 and apparently very good. Is he going to be a starter over Maguire? I hardly see it, I've never ever seen him play but lad's only 18 and at CB it's rare at the club like ours for someone so young to be starting at the position.

Wait so he's only 18 and apparently very good. Is he going to be a starter over Maguire? I hardly see it, I've never ever seen him play but lad's only 18 and at CB it's rare at the club like ours for someone so young to be starting at the position.
I doubt he'd be coming here to sit on the bench.

Great news. Between him, Mainoo and Garnacho we are going to have some of truly top very young talent.

Wow. This feels different.

I do think that means that de Ligt is less likely to join, but if Yoro pushes on and makes good on his promise I don't think we'll care.

Ornstein said the other day it was him or De Ligt so yeah I imagine he's coming in with a view to start.

He's for sure gonna be a starter. If we sign De Ligt as well then there'll be plenty of rotation between them and Martinez.

Bringing in Yoro and De Ligt alongside Martinez, Maguire and Evans with Varane, Kambwala and Lindelof moved on is such a massive upgrade on what we’ve had over the past decade.

If we then bring in Ugarte and Amrabat as back up alongside Fernandes, Mainoo, Mount and McTominay whilst moving on Casemiro, VDB and Eriksen we’ll have quite possibly the most balanced squad in over a decade too.
Eriksen showed at the euros that he's still one of the best number 10s around. We need to rotate him with Fernandes. I'd sooner move on McT and Mount before Eriksen.

Hope we go for De Ligt as well. An injury to him or Martinez and we would be weak again. We need 3 top CBs, seeing our injuries there for the last decade.

Lindelöf has to go

The overall fee is huge at €70m but that was the only way we could've got him. Madrid just weren't going to go close to that figure which is huge for a 18 year old CB. But our need was greater than there's and I have no issue with Ratcliffe shelling that much on a young player that does ticks all the boxes as far as what is required to play in a team that wants to initiate attacks from the back and defend from the front.

I hope it goes through because it'll be first for me where I bring up a player on the forum and then the club signs him.

Status
Not open for further replies.