Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potential is there. Up to us to nurture and develop it. Martinez would be a great mentor… if he’s exonerated.

Bad on the ball, bad in the air and we've had to kidnap him to make the deal happen. Worrying.
He’s not bad on the ball and we didn’t kidnap him. We offered a lot more money to make it happen, that’s it. It’s not as if money is a problem for us.

Martinez, De Ligt, Yoro as back 3 with Dalot and Shaw as wing backs with Fernandes, Mainoo, Ugarte in midfield and Hojlund and Zirkzee upfront.

First thing that strikes me is that he tackles like AWB, ie his legs come out of nowhere to win the ball.

Looks to have a decent right foot on him and is capable of playing an intentional long ball rather than just hoofing it.

Supposedly good in the air but unsure how true that is.

We beat Madrid to this signing, no ifs or buts about it, no sugarcoating or caveating, we showed him we were a better option for him right now and he chose this project. All the he'll be in Madrid in a few years guys should keep quiet and enjoy the Mpabbe of defenders we're about to sign. Manchester United is huge and some of our fans needed this as a reminder of who we are.

Seems a big coup, particularly with Madrid interested. We will still need an additional centre-back, we cannot be relying on an 18-year-old unless he is a real freak of nature and generational talent.

First thing that strikes me is that he tackles like AWB, ie his legs come out of nowhere to win the ball.

Looks to have a decent right foot on him and is capable of playing an intentional long ball rather than just hoofing it.

Supposedly good in the air but unsure how true that is.

@Raees get on it.

Think Real would have offered a big salary too. Its more the fee we paid to Lille that swung this IMO and for his talent i'm okay with the fee.
For sure. The fee to Lille took the option away from Yorro this summer. If he wanted the option he'd have to wait a year and he's opted not to do this. I hope he comes with hunger and love for the club to perform.

Holy crap. This would be an unreal signing. This window is looking so very un-united so far.

We'll give him a 5+1 I assume. Worst case is we get 6 good years out of him and he leaves, no biggie. But I hope RM turn their attention to someone like a Saliba instead.
If they were put off by spending 62m euro's on a defender. Dont think thwy will have much luck with Sailba

Can't quite believe this. Would be an unreal statement.

Would still want a more senior CB like de Ligt though, but not sure how feasible that is.

Bringing in Yoro and De Ligt alongside Martinez, Maguire and Evans with Varane, Kambwala and Lindelof moved on is such a massive upgrade on what we’ve had over the past decade.

If we then bring in Ugarte and Amrabat as back up alongside Fernandes, Mainoo, Mount and McTominay whilst moving on Casemiro, VDB and Eriksen we’ll have quite possibly the most balanced squad in over a decade too.

Status
Not open for further replies.