Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total guess but I’m wondering if United have every intention of signing De Ligt and Yoro but we are well aware that the big selling point for us over Real Madrid right now is that we can offer him games whereas he will be waiting for his chance at Madrid. So we are prioritising the Yoro deal and giving every indication that it will be only one CB signing this summer and he won’t be behind De Ligt and Martinez for the starting spot.

Total guess but I’m wondering if United have every intention of signing De Ligt and Yoro but we are well aware that the big selling point for us over Real Madrid right now is that we can offer him games whereas he will be waiting for his chance at Madrid. So we are prioritising the Yoro deal and giving every indication that it will be only one CB signing this summer and he won’t be behind De Ligt and Martinez for the starting spot.

Im in the same mindset. I don't see Yoro as a 30+ game starter for us the minute he hypothetically walks in the door. So the INEOS tactics on this one seem....interesting. We need both. Maybe the worry is, if we sign De Ligt first, Yoro will panic at the thought of not starting games? Whereas right now we can make more "promises" to him in the negotiations?

Is Liverpool still in the mix?

No one credible has reported continuing interest from them since we got the bid accepted. Looks like our interest and Yoro's previous desire for Madrid has taken them out of the picture.

This all feels a bit too good to be true. The cynic in me thinks this is a ploy to get Bayern to negotiate further on the De Ligt deal.

This all feels a bit too good to be true. The cynic in me thinks this is a ploy to get Bayern to negotiate further on the De Ligt deal.

Well that's the unknown at the moment. Everyone seemed to be happy with the rumour De Ligt fee. So the quietness from that one and the pick up in reports on Yoro seems to suggest something changed in how we approached Yoro on the personal terms. I think INEOS are potentially worried De ligt could make Yoro worry about game time. This transfer seems to be very delicate and trying to change someones mind that was previously made up and focusing in one direction.

I agree, he knows he's going to be a superstar and Real Madrid and Barca would be the majority of kid's first choice. He sees the Brazilian kids and Jude winning and also sees the kid from Spain (Barca) already being a Euro champion. Yet, I love us going head to head with Real and offering more to him. This shows our new focus on recruiting the cream of the crop. Alejandro is enjoying his time with us, and even more if we are back at the top. If Yoro and his family can see we will play him, really want him, be developed and rise up again, then it definitely will make him look at us. Real Madrid want you as an 18 year old!! No one can really understand that.

We need a fast defender if we want to play a high line almost like a sweeper role. From what I read, he is exceptionally quick and great with ball at his feet and calm.

None of our defenders over last 10 years have been quick and we are desperately missing this skill in our back line.

Would love us to have him here.

I agree, he knows he's going to be a superstar and Real Madrid and Barca would be the majority of kid's first choice. He sees the Brazilian kids and Jude winning and also sees the kid from Spain (Barca) already being a Euro champion. Yet, I love us going head to head with Real and offering more to him. This shows our new focus on recruiting the cream of the crop. Alejandro is enjoying his time with us, and even more if we are back at the top. If Yoro and his family can see we will play him, really want him, be developed and rise up again, then it definitely will make him look at us. Real Madrid want you as an 18 year old!! No one can really understand that.

Well that tweet earlier today suggested that him and his family are now more open to the move. However that same tweet also said Mendes would prefer him to join Real so still up in the air

This is my take. De ligt is being advocated by the sober faction of MUFC. Yoro is the boss wanting to flex muscles he didn’t know he had. We end up getting him, seemingly one up on Royal M, but what to do with him? Pray he becomes a world beater. He very possibly will.

Martinez, Varane, Maguire, Lindelof, Kambwala, Evans and Shaw wasn't enough last season
4 of those players weren't good enough and the other two weren't healthy enough. Quantity doesn't matter if the quality isn't there

Why do we still have this outdated thread title? We’ve long since had a bid accepted.

We need a fast defender if we want to play a high line almost like a sweeper role. From what I read, he is exceptionally quick and great with ball at his feet and calm.

None of our defenders over last 10 years have been quick and we are desperately missing this skill in our back line.

Would love us to have him here.
He wasn't always fit but surely when he was, Champions League Varane?

So you think our grand plan is to deceive our new 18 year old wonderkid by telling him he’s going to be our only CB signing and 1st choice RCB to then just sign De Ligt on top of him???

Absolutely ridiculous suggestion.

I completely get deceiving a rival team eg. I saw a theory on here that we’re intentionally delaying the De Ligt deal so that Bayern don’t sign Tah, to then sign Tah once Yoro is sorted. But to lie to your brand new signing as you described is just nonsense.

The theory I actually think has legs that I again saw on here from another poster is that Yoro is the priority as he is seen as a talent worth adjusting our strategy for, and the outcome of his signing will impact the payment terms of other deals like De Ligt.

For example, If we do get Yoro we will need to structure the De Ligt deal in more instalments but pay a higher total fee overall (similar to Zirkzee), but if we don’t get Yoro, we’ll be able to offer more upfront for De Ligt at a lower overall fee.

So you think our grand plan is to deceive our new 18 year old wonderkid by telling him he’s going to be our only CB signing and 1st choice RCB to then just sign De Ligt on top of him???

I completely get deceiving a rival team eg. I saw a theory on here that we’re intentionally delaying the De Ligt deal so that Bayern don’t sign Tah, to then sign Tah once Yoro is sorted. But to lie to your brand new signing as you described is just nonsense.

The theory I actually think has legs that I again saw on here from another poster is that Yoro is the priority as he is seen as a talent worth adjusting our strategy for, and the outcome of his signing will impact the payment terms of other deals like De Ligt.

For example, If we do get Yoro we will need to structure the De Ligt deal in more instalments but pay a higher total fee overall (similar to Zirkzee), but if we don’t get Yoro, we’ll be able to offer more upfront for De Ligt at a lower overall fee.
I also think people are looking way too much at this as “oh X player will start so Y won’t want to sit the bench” which is hilarious considering just last season we were shipping Kambwala and Evans out there in big matches.

So, it seems this kid only wants Madrid, but he might consider us after we showed him the whole package he and his family would get if he comes here. Money talks. I don't know much about this kid, but from what I've read, he seems to be a potential generational talent. It would be great for us if he does join.

However, my concern is that it feels a bit sour because we've been in this situation before, though not directly with Di Maria. We signed a player who didn’t really want to be here and left as soon as they could. This time it's even more complicated because it's Madrid. Despite what many would say we can't really compete with Madrid and that's okay for me. It just that it's going to be tiring dealing with rumors about him wanting to move to Madrid every international break and transfer window, and Madrid will probably get him for free eventually anyway. This is all hypothetical anyway and if he does come here and do well it would be great for us of course.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Confident we have the right people in place to restructure a deal for De Ligt if necessary, however when the don Ornstein says it's one or the other I tend to believe it. Think they see Branthwaite as more of a separate deal as he can play both sides.

I also think people are looking way too much at this as “oh X player will start so Y won’t want to sit the bench” which is hilarious considering just last season we were shipping Kambwala and Evans out there in big matches.

Agreed. Given how high risk Martinez is based on last season, I don’t think we need to oversell the game time piece to someone like Yoro even with another more senior RCB coming in alongside him. Arguably it might benefit Yoro in the sense that the limelight will be shared a bit as he eases into the Prem.

all the soundbites we here is that he doesnt want to join United. So if he signs it could be for the money and the offer and the fact his arm was twisted then in six months when the fanfare is gone the true reflection of his feeling of reluctance will come out.
Not quite. He has a preference to join Madrid if they make an acceptable offer, as yet they haven’t so he has a decision to make. He can’t sign for a club that doesn’t want to buy him.

Also your post is just a long ass way of saying this deal gives you DiMaria vibes.

Confident we have the right people in place to restructure a deal for De Ligt if necessary, however when the don Ornstein says it's one or the other I tend to believe it. Think they see Branthwaite as more of a separate deal as he can play both sides.

Tbh if it’s one or the other I actually prefer the De Ligt signing. The more I’ve seen and read about Yoro the less keen I’ve been on him (but weirdly the stronger our case for signing him has become lol). He’s not progressive enough, he doesn’t seem overly strong in duels and goes to ground a lot, and generally feels clumsy and lacks control of the ball (maybe his gangly frame makes him look more clumsy than he is). He is only 18 though and Madrid are the main rival so he must have something about him that I’m not quite seeing.

De Ligt and Martinez would be a very strong pairing with qualities that I think suit one another. We’d still need another CB though, but I just don’t see Branthwaite as that other CB signing given his fee. Who that other CB signing is, I don’t know, as links beyond De Ligt, Yoro and Branthwaite have been close to non-existent. But I wouldn’t be opposed to any of: Simakan, Diomande, Medina, Tapsoba, Geertruida, etc.

Tbh if it’s one or the other I actually prefer the De Ligt signing. The more I’ve seen and read about Yoro the less keen I’ve been on him (but weirdly the stronger our case for signing him has become lol). He’s not progressive enough, he doesn’t seem overly strong in duels and goes to ground a lot, and generally feels clumsy and lacks control of the ball (maybe his gangly frame makes him look more clumsy than he is). He is only 18 though and Madrid are the main rival so he must have something about him that I’m not quite seeing.

De Ligt and Martinez would be a very strong pairing with qualities that I think suit one another. We’d still need another CB though, but I just don’t see Branthwaite as that other CB signing given his fee. Who that other CB signing is, I don’t know, as links beyond De Ligt, Yoro and Branthwaite have been close to non-existent. But I wouldn’t be opposed to any of: Simakan, Diomande, Medina, Tapsoba, Geertruida, etc.
It’s not just Madrid. He’s widely regarded as one of the best U19 prospects in the world regardless of position.

I understand why some are making the DiMaria comparisons but I don't agree with them.

DiMaria was an established player with a big reputation before he came here , when he came he had zero motivation and sulked for the time he was here knowing he would get still get offers even if he put in little effort at Utd

This kid if he comes(big if) has still to prove himself , it will be his first time at a big club , it is his big chance to show that he is a potential world class player. He needs to succeed here if he comes or his career stalls.

So, it seems this kid only wants Madrid, but he might consider us after we showed him the whole package he and his family would get if he comes here. Money talks. I don't know much about this kid, but from what I've read, he seems to be a potential generational talent. It would be great for us if he does join.

However, my concern is that it feels a bit sour because we've been in this situation before, though not directly with Di Maria. We signed a player who didn’t really want to be here and left as soon as they could. This time it's even more complicated because it's Madrid. Despite what many would say we can't really compete with Madrid and that's okay for me. It just that it's going to be tiring dealing with rumors about him wanting to move to Madrid every international break and transfer window, and Madrid will probably get him for free eventually anyway. This is all hypothetical anyway and if he does come here and do well it would be great for us of course.
Football isn't that linear. Madrid could end up slipping a bit (especially now losing Kroos, and Modric probably after this season). They might invest in another centre back/s.

Madrid didnt go in for Van Dijk, or Dias, or Gvordiol, or Saliba. They have changed their transfer model.

If Yoro works out, he isnt going to stay on the 70k-100k (estimation) that he gets in his first contract for the next 6 years. He will rightfully want an upgrade and so he will be forced to extend to get that increase. In fact a player of his talent could see his wages increase and contract extended at least twice in the next 6-7 years.

It'll be odd if we promise him a starting spot and then get De Lift to play with Martinez. I think given the state of our injuries, Yoro will get a min of 30 games if he stays fit but if he waits a year, he'd probably get the same amount of games at RM. I don't know what our selling point is here other than the fact that we're paying 15m more than RM?

Not feeling the love for this transfer at all. It's a lot of money for a defensive teenager, who let's be honest, virtually none of us have ever seen play outside of YouTube clips.

More concerning is that he clearly wants Real Madrid and if he does end up here, he'll still want that move in years to come. I don't want us bribing him just for his financial benefit either.

Let's just acquire de Ligt and see who else is available for the CB position.

Not feeling the love for this transfer at all. It's a lot of money for a defensive teenager, who let's be honest, virtually none of us have ever seen play outside of YouTube clips.

More concerning is that he clearly wants Real Madrid and if he does end up here, he'll still want that move in years to come. I don't want us bribing him just for his financial benefit either.

We’re probably going for both. I’d be happy with either tbh. I haven’t watched enough of either but they sound like solid buys (barring the wages of one).

Unless by “none of us” you mean the scouting department, so what? He’s held in very high regard by pretty much everyone from scouts/DOFs to the sports media.

We've gone from being in for 3 defenders to going for the one defender who is going to Madrid..
Some things never change...

I’m still trying to figure out why Liverpool is still in the thread title. Were they ever in the run for his signature
They might of shown a slight interest but I think the player himself rules that one out. Straight choice between us and Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.