Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this happens it’s a huge statement from INEOS in terms of securing the best young talent from Europe.

He’s widely regarded as an absolutely top prospect for his age range in the world.

For those worrying about Madrid if he moves there now no harm no foul, and if he moves there from United in future it will be because he’s a top quality player and so we will have also benefitted from that in terms of performances and also I’m sure financially down the road.

I’m all for this.

Why are people so obsessed with the fact that we are not his no1 choice?
It’s the bubble they live in. They only want players who “want” to come to this club. They want players to think like fans and forget it’s their career/business.

[/QUOTE]
A- we agreed personal terms with de ligt
B- every one knows that we want 2 CBs
C- Bayern set a 45m price. The media were briefed that we would want to negotiate that
D- we are going hard on yoro
E- we have been linked to tah ie Bayern primary target in case they sell de ligt
F- news came out that we are close to yoro. Meanwhilebw the athletic had just come out saying that we are going for either yoro or de ligt

Can you see where we are going?
[/QUOTE]
Maybe, just maybe, we want Yoro and Branthwaite so De Ligt is backup until either of those deals is 100% dead.

I wish we would stop wasting time with this, if he doesnt want to come lets move on to other targets instead of wasting our time trying to convince him.

I thought the days of spending whole summers trying to convince players to join who dont want to come to us like De Jong and Fabregas were behind us now.

We’ve only had a bid accepted a few days ago? This is a totally normal timeline. The ball is in Madrids court. I don’t think they’ll duke it out with us on a player they don’t need next season. I also don’t think the player is going stiff Lille out of that money either. He’s going to come here for a huge raise, set for life even if Madrid don’t come back in for him with a great offer. One in the hand and all that. His advisors would be foolish to tell him to turn down the only concrete offer on the table

Last edited:
Why are people so obsessed with the fact that we are not his no1 choice? You think that players who sign fot Luton, Everton, Villa, Lazio, Besiktas.....have them as their no1 choice?
Probably because we have been here before and if he does come here will no doubt be looking to leave for Real in a couple of years while talking about his hell in Manchester.

I'd rather we get players who make it clear they want to come here from the start

Maybe, just maybe, we want Yoro and Branthwaite so De Ligt is backup until either of those deals is 100% dead.

Jarrad is our no 1 target but with onana moving to villa, there's almost no chance of Everton being reasonable. As you say de ligt is backup to that. If Bayern don't bulge on the price then we might even go for tah

No it doesn’t, get a grip

He’s clearly a Madrid fan, probably a fan of previous French players that went there and possibly a friend of someone like camivinga. (Spelling?). He may want to move in a few years as part of a career plan, so what? If we can, we sign him now and hopefully progress for 3-4 years
You seem like the one that needs to get a grip. I’ve already said that if the worst case scenario is that we end up having him turn into a star and then sell him for an obscene fee in 3-4 years to Madrid then that’s fine. But just saying “don’t want him, Madrid will just steal him anyways” when that’s happened exactly once in our history and took a GOAT level player and a world record bid to happen is the definition of inferiority complex.

I also think too many overestimate how often players in their primes move from huge club to huge club. Will occasionally happen with attackers on the Neymar/Mbappe level but for most it’s just not common, especially in todays market with how much everything costs and FFP.

I’ll believe it when I see the club Twitter account announcing it, and even then I’m expecting some kind of John Obi Mikel or Aaron Ramsay eleventh hour U-Turn.

OHyJBoV.png

Some interesting videos.

Despite being on the muppet train and name dropping many times, I did have my reservations about how much is hype and based on projected potential. It's why I was fairly keen on the Branthwaite transfer as you simply need athletic ability in the PL. That's not to say Yoro can't develop that going forward.

If these videos are fairly representative of his style in 1 vs 1 situations then I hope de Ligt is also another signing. For a 18 year old, I like his general positioning and effort but he's obviously getting done a lot by diving in and overestimating his ability to nick a ball/being strong enough to withstand shoulder to shoulder contact on the turn. If he's to come in and be a project, then all good. If as a first teamer alongside Martinez then we better reign in the expectations.

However, I don't think that will be the case and we will be getting two CBs.

Super insightful.

I haven’t really kept up with this transfer just because I don’t want to get my hopes up. I did watch his highlights and I shouldn’t have because it’s crazy how much he reminds me of Rio.

I see why we are rolling out the red carpet for him. This isn’t 2013 anymore where we can expect players to just join us because we are Manutd and even that didn’t work for us with Hazard.

Not out of the blue. Lets see if they low ball again but us negotiating is already a good sign. Fingers crossed. Otherwise we go back to that Everton lad I presume

Would rather raise the Yoro offer and force Madrid's hand again. I'm happy with INEOS' tactic in this either way - Madrid can't just choose who they want without actually paying. Proper shithouses

Why are people so obsessed with the fact that we are not his no1 choice? You think that players who sign for Luton, Everton, Villa, Lazio, Besiktas.....have them as their no1 choice?
But
sddefault.jpg

If Lisandro is found to be one of the singers, he could jeopardise this deal all by himself, especially so as they would be partners, with the Argentine a mentor.

This a direct insult upon literally everything Yoro is.

If Lisandro is found to be one of the singers, he could jeopardise this deal all by himself, especially so as they would be partners, with the Argentine a mentor.

Could be looking for four cbs...

He wasnt in the video apparently and has he has partnered Varane for the last 2 years im pretty sure he wouldnt have got involved anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.