Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love for us to get this boy... but he's still just 18. I'd still want us to get de Ligt as well as him. I doubt he'd just walk in next to Licha and start every week

I'd love for us to get this boy... but he's still just 18. I'd still want us to get de Ligt as well as him. I doubt he'd just walk in next to Licha and start every week

Think we would go back one last time for Branthwaite as he has similar profile to De Ligt and has flexibility to play LCB,RCB even LB

History tells us we usually lose out on these ones.

Benzema, Varane, Camavinga all spring to mind.

Hopefully we finally win one.

Likewise I think it's too much pressure Yoro partnering Martinez straight off the cuff in a new environment and league.

I would take De Ligt & Yoro or De Ligt & Branthwaite. I think both players also give the coaches the option of putting Lisandro into midfield if necessary as he's played games screening the defence at Ajax.

First two were due to Zidane's influence I think whereas Camavinga was due to the fact we had zero structure to sell him any project

Great to see us going for these types of players now, though both De Ligt and Yoro would be perfect, just because I'd rather us upgrade on Maguire as a starter and I'm not sure Yoro will be ready.

Guessing that won't be the case though. If we do get him, I imagine he'll be phased slowly while Maguire and Martinez start the season.

How much would Madrid have to bid now for Lille to come to terms with them?

Great to see us going for these types of players now, though both De Ligt and Yoro would be perfect, just because I'd rather us upgrade on Maguire as a starter and I'm not sure Yoro will be ready.

Guessing that won't be the case though. If we do get him, I imagine he'll be phased slowly while Maguire and Martinez start the season.

There will be two CB signings

Pretty sure it was reported that we passed on Camavinga because the scouting department didn’t think he was ready to be a starter. So…yeah more quality scouting from United.

How much would Madrid have to bid now for Lille to come to terms with them?
That’d all depend right? If they can convince the lad to wait it out and hope Lille feel desperate not to lose him next year for free then maybe 25-30m right at the end of the window.
Would be extremely risky for him though on so many levels.

If Lisandro is found to be one of the singers, he could jeopardise this deal all by himself, especially so as they would be partners, with the Argentine a mentor.

This a direct insult upon literally everything Yoro is.
Sorry, missed this…to what are you referring?

That’d all depend right? If they can convince the lad to wait it out and hope Lille feel desperate not to lose him next year for free then maybe 25-30m right at the end of the window.
Would be extremely risky for him though on so many levels.
Don't they need to out bid us?

Pretty sure it was reported that we passed on Camavinga because the scouting department didn’t think he was ready to be a starter. So…yeah more quality scouting from United.

Thought it was more Murtough and the leeches who were more at fault than the scouts

why?

If the lad tells Lille he absolutely aint joining us and only wants Madrid now or next Summer for free, our bid then means ziltch.
All that would matter is how much Lille believe that one extra year is worth for them to hold on.
Then there should be some sort of laws to protect clubs from losing out on their assets for free, I think this has opened a loophole on the transfers law, especially the last year of contract law, it needs addressing because with transfer fees on the high clubs would resort to tapping more often than not, we'll see a lot more players looking to run down their contract in the future, clubs should be able to sell players on a year left on their contract to any club they've received a favorable offer from.

Real Madrid are not about to let Manchester United upstage them and steal one of their targets. They will up their bid.

I’d honestly sign both and sell Lindelof and Maguire. Then we have De Ligt, Martinez, Yoro, Evans and also Shaw as back up CB. I think that’s more than enough

Makes sense on why the de Ligt deal has stalled. It’s either Yoro or De Ligt and a left footed CB as cover for Martinez.
I don't get the obsession with having to have a left-footed CB. De Ligt seems quite comfortable on his left foot to me.

Real Madrid are not about to let Manchester United upstage them and steal one of their targets. They will up their bid.

They let us take Pogba when they believed the price went too high.

I personally can’t see them being so arsed they will spend 50m.

They’ll make the kid sacrifice to show how much he wants it, or they’ll move on.

I’d honestly sign both and sell Lindelof and Maguire. Then we have De Ligt, Martinez, Yoro, Evans and also Shaw as back up CB. I think that’s more than enough
Martinez, Varane, Maguire, Lindelof, Kambwala, Evans and Shaw wasn't enough last season

Sign him and De Ligt, sell Lindelöf.

I would keep Maguire, as he can play LCB. Evans is an emergency CB and should not play regularly. So for me Yoro, Martinez, De Ligt and Maguire looks fine.

When that happens we will just pull trigger on De Ligt so relaxed about it. Certainly can't accuse INEOS of not giving their all to sign him.
I think we should sign De Ligt regardless and i'm surprised its has not moved rapidly since the Netherlands got knocked out. We need as many competent CBs as we can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.