Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet he watched the Mbappe unveiling at the Bernabeu, and decided that it's not for him.

Playing with all those other French superstars in front of all those fans, in that sunshine.
I know you said this sarcastically, but what if Real cannot afford to match our Yoro bid because they splash all the cash on Mbappe bonus?

I get the impression a lot of people are super excited about a player they've never seen play a single game.

The Chelsea mob of all people trying to preach transfer caution!

I know you said this sarcastically, but what if Real cannot afford to match our Yoro bid because they splash all the cash on Mbappe bonus?
Then they sign him in 6 months on a free instead. He could play Champs League with Lille until he can agree the deal as a free agent in January, when he has 6 months left on the deal.

I don't think he's in any rush as an 18 year old to come to United and not even play Champions League football when he could get that experience this season at Lille and then move to the club he wants.

All the noise comes from Lille trying to sell now. They'd sell him to Madrid if or when they make a more reasonable offer.

I don't knock United for trying to sign him. I like it, just wouldn't get my hopes up.

Reactions: Cheimoon
A special talent for sure, but I do think he will get mobbed and pushed around in the Premier League. Need a bit more weight and pondus. But maybe this is the chance to get him for an "okey" price.

Stop guys he's never taking us over Real Madrid, Why should he?
Sunshine, nice city and to top it off win trophies with other superstars.
For the same reason Casemiro left Madrid for Manchester. We're offering the money that Madrid aren't.

Lets develop this guy so he can join rm on a free transfer in 5 years. He doesn't sound too enthusiastic about a move here, so lets not waste our time.

We had a player here before who always had it in his sights to join Real Madrid, his time here didn’t turn out too badly either though.

• Manchester United have had a €62m (£52m) offer for Leny Yoro accepted by Lille and the defender must decide whether to accept the move, with Real Madrid also interested. United are negotiating personal terms with his representatives.
  • United’s deal is for an initial €50m plus €12m of add-ons. Madrid are thought to value the 18-year-old lower and may be minded to wait until next summer when he is due to be a free agent, so the Ligue 1 club’s preference is for Yoro to join United.
  • Yoro is primarily a centre-back and made his debut for Lille in May 2022 at 16. He is the club’s second-youngest player.
  • He is the third centre-back United are pursuing, along with Everton’s Jarrad Branthwaite and Bayern Munich’s Matthijs de Ligt. Ideally, Erik ten Hag wants two of these as the manager seeks to upgrade his options, though to do this one or both of Victor Lindelöf and Harry Maguire may have to be sold.
  • United have raised finance via the sale of Willy Kambwala to Villarreal for a fee rising to €11.5m, Donny van de Beek to Girona in a deal that could rise to €9.1m and Álvaro Fernández to Benfica for £5m.
  • Bologna’s striker Joshua Zirkzee is set to become United’s first recruit of the window, for €42m, and Ten Hag retains an interest in Paris Saint-Germain’s defensive midfielder Manuel Ugarte.
  • The sale of Casemiro may have to occur to allow the purchase of Ugarte, who has a contract to 2028 and is valued at about €45m. A loan deal for the Uruguayan may also be an option.

• Manchester United have had a €62m (£52m) offer for Leny Yoro accepted by Lille and the defender must decide whether to accept the move, with Real Madrid also interested. United are negotiating personal terms with his representatives.
  • United’s deal is for an initial €50m plus €12m of add-ons. Madrid are thought to value the 18-year-old lower and may be minded to wait until next summer when he is due to be a free agent, so the Ligue 1 club’s preference is for Yoro to join United.
  • Yoro is primarily a centre-back and made his debut for Lille in May 2022 at 16. He is the club’s second-youngest player.
  • He is the third centre-back United are pursuing, along with Everton’s Jarrad Branthwaite and Bayern Munich’s Matthijs de Ligt. Ideally, Erik ten Hag wants two of these as the manager seeks to upgrade his options, though to do this one or both of Victor Lindelöf and Harry Maguire may have to be sold.
  • United have raised finance via the sale of Willy Kambwala to Villarreal for a fee rising to €11.5m, Donny van de Beek to Girona in a deal that could rise to €9.1m and Álvaro Fernández to Benfica for £5m.
  • Bologna’s striker Joshua Zirkzee is set to become United’s first recruit of the window, for €42m, and Ten Hag retains an interest in Paris Saint-Germain’s defensive midfielder Manuel Ugarte.
  • The sale of Casemiro may have to occur to allow the purchase of Ugarte, who has a contract to 2028 and is valued at about €45m. A loan deal for the Uruguayan may also be an option.

Wasn't it reported last week that our bid of €50m was accepted by Lille? Why has it been increased to over €60m now?

Wasn't it reported last week that our bid of €50m was accepted by Lille? Why has it been increased to over €60m now?
Because we need to blow Madrid out of the water? Makes perfect sense to me.

Didn't you have Supports: Real Madrid on your header of your username for a long time? :confused:

On the other hand, it's Jamie Jackson.

They haven’t even put the correct money in yet though have they. He can clearly see we value him more by offering the money Lille want straight away. It’s not like Madrid can’t afford it.

Oops! What's going on here? Thought this one was dead? We possibly just took the cash for Branthwaite and dropped it on him.

INEOS must rate him really highly and I do feel for Tobido

They haven’t even put the correct money in yet though have they. He can clearly see we value him more by offering the money Lille want straight away. It’s not like Madrid can’t afford it.
I imagine that Mbappé is expensive to keep happy despite the lack of a transfer fee.

Because we need to blow Madrid out of the water? Makes perfect sense to me.
But why if the previous offer has already been accepted? It doesn't make much sense to me. Is this some journo stirring shit up or have we really made a 2nd bid of €60m?

So there's not been any developments right? We had a bid accepted a while ago..

Could be that that the player himself get a chunk of improved bid
Yea still doesn't make sense for it to be reported as a part of the bid. We could just offer it as a signing on bonus during contract negotiations. Feels like journo stirring shit to me.

It was over €60m last week

A special talent for sure, but I do think he will get mobbed and pushed around in the Premier League. Need a bit more weight and pondus. But maybe this is the chance to get him for an "okey" price.
I'm sure Utd will bulk him up.

It's got to be a supreme case of projection on the part individuals who simply have an fearful inferiority regarding Real Madrid. Look, it might well be that Real is the most attractive opposition for any player, but, to simply desire us to relent from pursuing any player on the premise that Real is their preferential destination, is quite frankly madness. Has it not occurred to some that if one player chooses us instead of Real. then it shifts future sentiment? Who is to say that if Leny joins that the inevitable fate is that in X number of years that he then goes to Real? Have such people not thought that perhaps in 3-5 years that said player might have formed an emotional bond with the club and might decide that Real is no longer an interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.