Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he signs then he wanted to sign, no?
In most cases yes. Then you have cases like Di Maria who signed when he didn't want to.

If we get the player this young, we will have a Ronaldo situation most probably.

For me, it's still fine. The era of expecting players to want to play for the club because of their love for the club etc etc is almost over.

He comes, plays well, helps us win, moves to Madrid during his prime, works for me.

He comes, stinks the place out, we sell him for less what than what we brought, it's fine. Because we tried and did it the right way than going for aging super stars just for the name and clout.

If he doesn't sign for United, move on. We tried.

I am glad United are going in for players who have potential. Let's see what happens.

People are such posers.

I watch of Ecuadorian club football so me being happy with Kendry Paez is fully justified.
He's a defender/CB, big clubs are after him, and French. You don't need to watch any of his game to know that he MUST be good.

In most cases yes. Then you have cases like Di Maria who signed when he didn't want to.

If we get the player this young, we will have a Ronaldo situation most probably.

For me, it's still fine. The era of expecting players to want to play for the club because of their love for the club etc etc is almost over.

He comes, plays well, helps us win, moves to Madrid during his prime, works for me.

He comes, stinks the place out, we sell him for less what than what we brought, it's fine. Because we tried and did it the right way than going for aging super stars just for the name and clout.

I am glad United are going in for players who have potential. Let's see what happens.
That Di Maria case is overused. On opposite side we had players like James, Amrabat, AWB or Maguire who really, really, really, really wanted to come here. Neither of them were a hit.

Football is business. Some players you lure with reputation and some you lure with money. And in this case it is not that Yoro's choice is between United and Newcastle. It is bloody Real. If he wants Real, he will wait on Real one more year.
So if he comes here it will be because he tought that it is in his best interest.

It’s either masochism or just being able to say I told you so. The thread is awash with low-self esteem and inferiority complexes.
This pisses me off. Just because some fans recognise that a players favourite team may be someone other than United, that makes then have inferiority complexes? What s pile of horseshit

His agent is Mendes....

I look forward to a day where agents hold much less sway.
Who does business with both clubs. So what's the issue with Mendes?

We instructed him earlier in the window to try to get João Neves out of Benfica at a reasonable price, which he couldn't pull off.

This pisses me off. Just because some fans recognise that a players favourite team may be someone other than United, that makes then have inferiority complexes? What s pile of horseshit
There are some truth in there somewhere though, he’s not entirely wrong we just have some very negative posters who makes it feel like the end of the world scenario each and every time. This is what contributes to the forum is it not? Some of the post will make the most of ABU proud

Everytime I see a photo he reminds me of Kiell Smith-Bynoe, obviously hair different but similar unusual face shape, not a bad thing either I really like Kiell Smith-Bynoe so on those grounds alone I think we should definitely buy him

Exactly

But apparently that makes us subservient to Madrid or something

No, but constantly spouting about how he’ll just be gone in 3-4 years to Madrid anyways absolute screams inferiority complex
And even if he does agitate for a move to RM in 3-4 years no doubt if he has grown into his potential we will make at least our money back and in the interim will have hopefully given INEOS time to provide a better structure and recruit more players, right now we need quality CBs at least 2, it they are gone in 3 years is neither here nor there

No, but constantly spouting about how he’ll just be gone in 3-4 years to Madrid anyways absolute screams inferiority complex
No it doesn’t, get a grip

He’s clearly a Madrid fan, probably a fan of previous French players that went there and possibly a friend of someone like camivinga. (Spelling?). He may want to move in a few years as part of a career plan, so what? If we can, we sign him now and hopefully progress for 3-4 years

We instructed him earlier in the window to try to get João Neves out of Benfica at a reasonable price, which he couldn't pull off.
Mendes famously is not very popular with Florentino Pérez after the portuguese contingent left Madrid. They only have one player repped by him in the squad (Lunin) and he might be on the way out.

Mendes is all bout the money and we offer way more.

My thinking as well. He'll probably be looking to seal Madrid movie in 3 years or so. De Ligt + another CB wouldn't look bad.
He’d have to be very exceptional for us to seal a move to Madrid in 3 years so no bad thing. There’s no shortage of talented young CB’s coming through year after year.

How on earth is he supposed to do that?

If anything, you’d imagine Mendes would prefer a big money move to us now, followed by another big money move to Madrid in 4 or 5 years time.

I mean he’s 18. If he spent 7,yrs in the premiership (the best league in the world) and moved to Madrid he’d still be 25. Could easily do a Ronaldo and have an amazing career at the two biggest clubs around.

I think we have to stop thinking that we are always the end or dream destination for players.

If he does join us, I hope he doesnt feck us like how he is fecking over Lille. RM will try to get him to run down his contract and make him leave on a free. If we are selling him to RM at some point, it should be for a huge fee. But we can cross that bridge when we come to it :lol:

If he does join us, I hope he doesnt feck us like how he is fecking over Lille. RM will try to get him to run down his contract and make him leave on a free. If we are selling him to RM at some point, it should be for a huge fee. But we can cross that bridge when we come to it :lol:
We should do what the genius Boehly does - 10 years contract. Let's see how he'll run it down then.

I doubt they'd try that with us. Generally there's a beacon of respect between the 2 clubs, I don't think they would be able to treat us the way they do to PSG. Tbh PSG were offered 100+ Mill for Mbappe plenty a time and thought they could somehow convince Mbappe to stay. They were quite wrong.

Regarding the Yoro and Ronaldo familiarities, I think the thing that probably gets overlooked is not that Ronaldo wanting to join Real. It was that he was not adequately replaced and that £80m which would have greatly fecking helped back then mysteriously vanished *cough*Glazer*cough*

If we replaced him with someone like Robben or Ribery for instance back then, then no-one would have complained. Instead we ended up with Valencia, Owen and Obertan for a total of about £30m back then?

If he does join us (which means he hasn’t fecked over Lille), you hope he doesn’t do to us what he hasn’t done to them?

But if he does do it, you hope he won’t do to us what he can’t do anyway because he’ll be at Madrid and not us.

I mean he’s 18. If he spent 7,yrs in the premiership (the best league in the world) and moved to Madrid he’d still be 25. Could easily do a Ronaldo and have an amazing career at the two biggest clubs around.

I think we have to stop thinking that we are always the end or dream destination for players.
@TsuWave

We'll give him a 5+1 I assume. Worst case is we get 6 good years out of him and he leaves, no biggie. But I hope RM turn their attention to someone like a Saliba instead.

If he does join us (which means he hasn’t fecked over Lille), you hope he doesn’t do to us what he hasn’t done to them?

But if he does do it, you hope he won’t do to us what he can’t do anyway because he’ll be at Madrid and not us.
I get your point, but going down to the last year of his contract, is why Lille is in this position. If United hadnt come in for him, RM would have made him join next season on a free.

I get your point, but going down to the last year of his contract, is why Lille is in this position. If United hadnt come in for him, RM would have made him join next season on a free.

I'm pretty sure someone posted reasons for his contract situation being the way it is, which were neither the fault of him or the club. I get what you mean though - it will be up to us to make enough of an impression on him and his development to instil loyalty towards us, and to manage his contract situation well enough that we aren't left vulnerable to that.

I bet he watched the Mbappe unveiling at the Bernabeu, and decided that it's not for him.

Playing with all those other French superstars in front of all those fans, in that sunshine.

If he joins he would be the first player of Somali origins to play for Manchester United, if what Wikipedia says is true.

Stop guys he's never taking us over Real Madrid, Why should he?
Sunshine, nice city and to top it off win trophies with other superstars.

Lets develop this guy so he can join rm on a free transfer in 5 years. He doesn't sound too enthusiastic about a move here, so lets not waste our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.