Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why we can't have both. Lindelöf and Maguire are surplus to requirements.
I agree, I wouldn't want to go into the season with him as the starter regardless of his potential. He can be backup to De Ligt to start with and let him earn the spot. The hype for a young CB like him seems insane. Remember when Phil Jones was supposed to be Duncan Edwards? Smalling was compared to a young Rio? Those turned out well...

I'd much rather prioritize getting De Ligt in as our starter and worry about depth after that.

I feel like this is more about "beating" Real Madrid to a player as much as signing the player himself.

Which is understandable.

Its no surprise that Madrid are in for the best players. He is seen as the worlds best young CB prospect. It has been reported that INEOS are going after younger (u23) players.

This is sounding positive. So why am I expecting Yoro to turn up to sign the contract, peel his mask off to reveal that he's been Frenkie this entire time, laughing in Ten Hag's face and then flying off using his propeller hat in the general direction of Madrid?

I feel like this is more about "beating" Real Madrid to a player as much as signing the player himself.

Which is understandable.
United have always built their best teams through young players coming either through the ranks or signing at a young age and then hitting their prime here.

I'm encouraged if the idea is to spot talented teenagers, throw them into the team and give them the patience to become World Class players.

Didn't need to see much of Bellingham or Haaland as teenagers to know they'd become special. And it was incredibly frustrating that we reportedly lost out on them due to not guaranteeing them enough game time. I'm very encouraged if that is going to change under INEOS.

Mainoo and Garnacho may or may not reach their potential but it's exciting to see this part of the journey and get glimpses of what they could become. I want more youthful teenage prospects in the team too and if it all works it will be very exciting seeing this team evolve over the next 4 years or so.

So no, not about beating Real Madrid for me. I'd prefer they weren't in this at all.

They're seemingly not really in for him though. Certainly dragging their heels.

They know he's going into the final year of his Contract and don't want to overpay. They are using their 'appeal' to try and sign him on the cheap. Suppose you have to save pennies after giving Mbappe bags of cash under the table.

This is sounding positive. So why am I expecting Yoro to turn up to sign the contract, peel his mask off to reveal that he's been Frenkie this entire time, laughing in Ten Hag's face and then flying off using his propeller hat in the general direction of Madrid?
This is just as likely as Yoro signing with us. At this stage at least.

2_GettyImages-52831728.jpg

poor fella was kidnapped by us.

Which is understandable.

This isn't beating Real Madrid for a player. They haven't made a bid that is accepted. Looks like they aren't even trying.

People are such posers.

I watch of Ecuadorian club football so me being happy with Kendry Paez is fully justified.
We don't get to think about nice things often!

We're not owned by a loon with more money than sense, with your 20 incoming signings you have no idea what to do with.

I think our fans can see that our scouts do often get it right but the people at the top dithered and lost out on top players we’d flagged up. If they are saying this guy is generational he most likely is. I’ve only seen clips but he looks super promising. I think this is on and as I said yesterday it should be done by this week if he’s interested in coming here. The offer won’t be on the table all summer and I assume it’s a brilliant offer paying him quite a bit more than Madrid. We are showing the love and treating Lille with respect. I think we’ve blown Real out of the water here for whatever reason.

If he doesn’t want to sign for us he won’t. We are not holding a gun to his head

Dont have to - if he wants to go to Madrid then he wants to go , pressure from agents and such might force his hand
If he signs then he wanted to sign, no?

why? all the soundbites we here is that he doesnt want to join United. So if he signs it could be for the money and the offer and the fact his arm was twisted then in six months when the fanfare is gone the true reflection of his feeling of reluctance will come out.

A few tweets saying it’s either De Ligt or Yoro and not both so United must be waiting until Yoro makes a decision
But we've also had loads saying we're open to signing 3?

I agree, I wouldn't want to go into the season with him as the starter regardless of his potential. He can be backup to De Ligt to start with and let him earn the spot. The hype for a young CB like him seems insane. Remember when Phil Jones was supposed to be Duncan Edwards? Smalling was compared to a young Rio? Those turned out well...

I'd much rather prioritize getting De Ligt in as our starter and worry about depth after that.
Also there's probably a case for him playing RB to begin with, similar to how a lot of modern teams do with 3 CBs and a FB pushing into midfield. He looks to have enough pace for that and is decent on the ball.

So following Saint-Etienne, I was lucky to see Saliba and Fofana at the same age before they came to the prem. I would say he's not too dissimilar to what I saw with Saliba at that age and I thought Fofana was way too rash to work at a top club. They both needed acclimatizing to the Prem (one going to a smaller club in Leicester and other a series of loans back), both extremely highly rated at the time. It would be mad to gamble he'll slot straight in and be a top 4 CB without having quality around him.

If Madrid want him, then they will get him. I’m sure it would be easy enough to have Mbappe, Camavinga and Tchouameni in his ear.

That said,, I’ve never seen him play - but he sounds an exciting prospect.

Dont have to - if he wants to go to Madrid then he wants to go , pressure from agents and such might force his hand

why? all the soundbites we here is that he doesnt want to join United. So if he signs it could be for the money and the offer and the fact his arm was twisted then in six months when the fanfare is gone the true reflection of his feeling of reluctance will come out.
Wrong on many levels.
1. It is not that he doesn't want United. He is considering between United and (probably) biggest club in history of football.
2. He can wait one year and sign for whoever he wants.
3. He is football player who plays for money.

So whatever will be the reason for signing for us, it is a valid reason.

Not according to Caf logic. Some really strange and zero confidence people in here
Self-preservation. If you don't believe then you can't be hurt (as bad). If he doesn't come here, then you're not emotionally invested or burned.

I guess those of us who are in, see it for what it is and aren't going to be 'bothered' if it falls through.

Do we really want a player that doenst want to sign?

If his agent is starting to negotiate sallary and contract terms with us them that means he definitely want to sign for us.

Maybe Madrid is his ultimate dream, but still consider us a strong option. Remember that Varane dreamed to play for us instead of Madrid but decided to go there when Madrid and Zidane showed him that they really want him, and he had a succesful career there. Maybe we will get the oposite side of the deal with Yoro, and this time he will come to us and become a succesful player here.

Also, this fear of he might go to Madrid later is really not that big of a deal. If he comes here at 18 years old like Ronaldo did and becomes a massive player for us winning some leagues and them we sell him for a record fee to Madrid them that is pretty good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.