Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, getting rid of Kwambala suggests to me that we have a young talent at CB coming in - otherwise, it makes very little sense as he could easily become our 3rd/4th choice CB next season - and could even cover at RB,

My optimism suggests that move is linked to Yoro coming to us.

Looks like this 18 yo could be out first choice CB, which is a bold move, a bit crazy but exciting.
Delighted if we do. It's what we should have offered Bellingham and Haaland years ago in their respective positions. Going big for young players will get us back.

To me, getting rid of Kwambala suggests to me that we have a young talent at CB coming in - otherwise, it makes very little sense as he could easily become our 3rd/4th choice CB next season - and could even cover at RB,

My optimism suggests that move is linked to Yoro coming to us.
He refused to extend his contract so the only option was to move him on really.

Doubt we offer to pay as much to him in wages as Real do.

As Real are basing the overall package considering a lesser fee, or a free transfer with much higher wages.

If we also asked him to run down his contract, we'd probably offer more than Madrid do for next season, but in that case he'd still go Madrid as it's what he wants. Still not buying it that he'd come to us over playing Champo with Lille this season and going to Madrid next summer.

Hopefully we are making the right call on this. He's very young and is a good way away from his best level, it's definitely a risk. Don't know anything about him but if we are prioritizing him over De Ligt, then that's a huge shout I'd say, given de ligt is only 24 and had even more hype than Yoro at 18.

Plus with De Ligt really wanting to come and would be here for his prime, while Madrid would probably just come back in for Yoro for his mid 20 to 30 years... I dunno. Feels like we should just get De Ligt.
I don't see why we can't have both. Lindelöf and Maguire are surplus to requirements.

I don't know how I feel about pursuing a target who's sights are set elsewhere. De Ligt would be a perfectly sensible CB for us and is willing to come.

It should say everything that we’re eager to pay that much for a player with his contract situation. No hesitation at all, and I’m sure we’re offering him a hell of a lot wage wise to come here. I doubt Madrid will match either, and then there’s the image stuff on top. He comes here, he’s being made a face for billboard campaigns, the whole shebang.

If he still wants to go to Madrid, where he’ll be starting from the bottom both as a starter and name, fair play to him, but making stars out of teenagers is our domain, and I’m not sure how many clubs can get close to us in that regard aside from Barcelona.

Absolutely no qualms with how we’re approaching this, and I think a fair few are not appreciating the significance this transfer would bring with it. There’s so much more than player in/out at stake here. Becoming a foremost destination for truly elite talent is worth as much as this transfer alone, for example. It’s a really big one. Really big. So there’s nothing but thumbs towards this, as far as I’m concerned. :+1: :+1:

Not to be a party pooper but I'd keep expectations in check for such a young player, 50m+ is not a small sum I wouldn't want people turn on him because he needed to find his footing.

I don't know how I feel about pursuing a target who's sights are set elsewhere. De Ligt would be a perfectly sensible CB for us and is willing to come.

Because why?
It's not like he's going to play shit on purpose, then Real will never come back for him.
Many young players dream of playing for them, how big % do you think get their dream fullfilled?
It's not like he'd end up living a shit life while playing for one of the biggest clubs on the planet.

Why would he bother negotiating with us if he was set on moving to Madrid either this season for a fee or next year for free.

It should say everything that we’re eager to pay that much for a player with his contract situation. No hesitation at all, and I’m sure we’re offering him a hell of a lot wage wise to come here. I doubt Madrid will match either, and then there’s the image stuff on top. He comes here, he’s being made a face for billboard campaigns, the whole shebang.

If he still wants to go to Madrid, where he’ll be starting from the bottom both as a starter and name, fair play to him, but making stars out of teenagers is our domain, and I’m not sure how many clubs can get close to us in that regard aside from Barcelona.

Absolutely no qualms with how we’re approaching this, and I think a fair few are not appreciating the significance this transfer would bring with it. There’s so much more than player in/out at stake here. Becoming a foremost destination for truly elite talent is worth as much as this transfer alone, for example. It’s a really big one. Really big. So there’s nothing but thumbs towards this, as far as I’m concerned. :+1: :+1:

He’s got a face for radio to be fair.

Not to be a party pooper but I'd keep expectations in check for such a young player, 50m+ is not a small sum I wouldn't want people turn on him because he needed to find his footing.
His stats in France make him one of if not the best defenders in the league. He will be able to hold his own

Madrid being cheap might play out in our favour for this one. Our bid is so much higher than theirs that the Lille president can only do the right thing and refuse to sell until Madrid matches ours. And he has a month and a half to make Yoro blink.

Folks, if this kid joins us, then there is no reason we can't keep him for his entire career. JR's stated he sees Madrid as the benchmark for what he wants United to be. They will be presumably selling that vision to Yoro and clearly they will be telling him he will be central figure in this project. Even if United for him is 2nd choice, it's hardly like choosing between the best club in the world and Burnley. It's more like choosing between Margot Robbie and Mila Kunis

Unfortunately I can only believe this one when he's holding up the shirt at his unveiling. I refuse to get excited.

People wont believe this one until he's sat in a United shirt
2_GettyImages-52831728.jpg

I get the impression a lot of people are super excited about a player they've never seen play a single game.
An 18 year old CB with 1 season as a starter in the french league to come into Man United on a 50m fee, what could go wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.